[PAX] - Religious Beliefs - Discussions of differences, not merit. | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

[PAX] Religious Beliefs - Discussions of differences, not merit.

Which are you? Be certain before voting. You might not recognize these terms.

• Total voters
Polytheism covers anything more than the one.

Which technically makes the oldest monotheistic religion a polytheistic one.

It sounds as though you are styling yourself as a deity in this post... or at least as some mytholigical type.

It's called sarcastic humor, hon. I'm sure you've heard of it.

Last edited:
If the father, the sun and the holy ghost are all one god what is the devil?

Also what are angels and demons?

Last edited:
Son. Although, according to Zoroastrians, the Father is the Sun.

Sun. Every christian directs their prayer to the sun god Amen. They pray to the ankh symbol, representing the life given by the sun.

I want to know why in other religions other entities are seen as gods but why in christianity (and in islam) they are seen as something different?

I also want to know why the christian doctrine has been tinkered with and argued over so much over the centuries....is it because it was failing to convince people? 'Oh dear we are losing adherents, lets just move the goal posts a bit!'

Last edited:
Ok i was just trying to highlight a difference relating to perceptions of monotheism and polytheism

Last edited:
You should have submitted the version I quoted in my first post from Quinlan.
I corrected the spelling and the definition of deistic.

Hah, spelling fail. I am getting lazy and/or stupid in my old age.

Reactions: Flavus Aquila
Seems like most INFJs are naturally Pantheistic.
Interesting, Shai Gar. I've often wondered if the INFJ personality encourages a bend toward pantheism, but I have yet to fully work out why that might be. Personally, I'm unable to see the world any other way, and having walked many spiritual paths and worn various masks, know well that I'm not suited to other philosophies.

I'm essentially a naturalistic pantheist who practices functional polytheism. Despite this seeming like a blatant contradiction, it fits me perfectly and continues to be beneficial on many levels. Before reading this thread, I wasn't certain if other INFJs had similarly complex views on spirituality, but now I'm confident that some do. :)

I don't know why I'm drawn to spiritual disciplines, especially as someone who doesn't believe in the supernatural, though I assume the inclination is intrinsic in (or complements) the foundation of my personality. Whether or not this extends to INFJs as a majority is another question, but I find it a fascinating consideration.

I wasn't certain if other INFJs had similarly complex views on spirituality, but now I'm confident that some do.
It's true. I function within Christianity AND within religion (Catholicism), but still shun the oversimplified (pro or con) while embracing the complex nuances and rich diversity. I think any faith system, for those prepared to dig far enough offers some inner meaning that do seem apparent at first glance...this may even be true even moreso for the common ones that everyone thinks are all figured out.

Reactions: the
It's true. I function within Christianity AND within religion (Catholicism), but still shun the oversimplified (pro or con) while embracing the complex nuances and rich diversity. I think any faith system, for those prepared to dig far enough offers some inner meaning that do seem apparent at first glance...this may even be true even moreso for the common ones that everyone thinks are all figured out.

I feel similarly. Theres a lot of deep meaning in many religions that goes overlooked. Catholicism included.

I'm basically a deist with agnostic tendencies. While I think proving or disproving the existence of a higher power isn't within the realm of science (at least not at the present time), I personally believe in a God. By 'God', I mean an omniscient higher power who created the universe and set in motion the laws that govern it. This analogy is definitely not original to me, but I think of it as a watchmaker who crafted a beautiful, intricately designed watch and then stepped back and let it tick on its own. God created the universe and set it in motion but doesn't interfere with our lives.

Free will has always been something I believed strongly in, and didn't find the traditional Christianity model that I've grown up with to satisfactorily mesh with that belief. Deism was something I discovered later and which resonated with me so strongly because of how succinctly and logically it explains the exercise of free will (at least to me).

Agnostic, Deistic, Apatheistic.

I don't know or necessarily care if there is a God, but I have a weak belief that there is one, and that it probably just created the world then left us alone.

I should have specified monotheistic as well... unsure and apathetic about the afterlife and the relation any god may have to man.

Apatheist.

There could be a God... but I don't think He is much fond of religion either.

I probably would have much to discuss with persons who believe in/observe God on the macro scale because I do, too. The thing that has made my own journey different, and continues to do so, is the figure of Jesus himself. I was in my mid-teens when I first really began to think about Jesus as a real, living, person. I read the Gospels at this time. Over the years I continued to see the effects of this person...God incarnate, God-With-Us, Alpha and Omega...on many believers in many places across time. I also began to study more of the historical underpinnings of the Gospel writings, including the conspicuous fragments that, under scrutiny, appear as eyewitness accounts. This Jesus-figure, and all the events and realities surrounding this person, continues to boggle my mind. This has been especially true as I continued to understand the mystical fabric of life connected with the Christ-reality that are profoundly deep and connected to all that is....and very much relate back to the macro viewpoint.

I still enjoy discussing the greater realities with others, but for me all this achieves much greater clarity and fullness when Jesus Christ is comes into the picture. If the information we receive from the Apostles, the early church, and the credible voices of the Christian faithfull across time holds any weight, this is exactly as it should be.

I only mention this as it is a pax thread and it has made such a huge differece in my spiritual life.

Last edited: