Racism | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Racism

Again, not blind. All people have their moments of hypocrisy.
I've never been a hypocrite about a single thing in my life.

Or are you going to claim that a large percentage of people don't do a lot of stupid crap on a regular basis?
Yes, in fact, that's exactly what I'm proclaiming.

If you had to live the crap that I had to put up with and not ever even have it acknowledged.
Get the hell over yourself. You are not the only human being in the world who has every suffered because of other people's ignorance. That doesn't give you the right to treat whoever you want like shit and with a bad attitude.

Maybe if you didn't have such a horrible attitude people might actually bother to feel a little sympathy for you. All I see right now is a pity parade.

I am willing to wager that you'd be irrational when it comes to such topics too. Try being cast aside and told the crap you've dealt with was either deserved (due to your heritage) or that it's wrong to mention because you take away from the real issue of racism against minorities.
Actually darling, I do in fact know exactly what that's like, thank you very much. I don't particularly feel like sharing my life story with the entire internet, but I also grew up with the maturity to treat individuals as individuals.

But in the end I don't see why I should have to care about anyone else and their issues anymore.
Because caring about other people and their issues is a basic tenant of human interaction? And If you're not interested in interacting with people in a way that actually respects them as individuals, why the hell are you on a message forum in the first place?

Of course you don't have to care about anyone. You don't have to *like* anyone. I don't think anyone is forcing you to play nice with people you don't want to be around.

But help me to understand: What things do you think minorities get acknowledgment for that you don't? What special treatment? Is it housing that they couldn't get before but now they can, or is it job related, where they couldn't get the jobs they wanted in the past, but now they can? Or is it something else?

In Australia, Aboriginals are given special treatment with pretty much everything.

This is no secret, however foreign media simply prefers to portray Australians as Racist instead of looking at what's really going on.

They get houses built for them that they then proceed to pull apart and burn as firewood.
They get access to job opportunities tailored to them not doing anything much, and then don't show up where others WANT to work.
It's a whole host of things.

Our government is Racist by pretending that Aboriginals are retarded children who need every Single Fucking Thing Given to them. And then, when the Aboriginals don't do anything or help themselves they call it cultural and try to give them more hand outs in a different way.

In the mean time, Ordinary Australians (of all races) don't get anything given to them.

I've never been a hypocrite about a single thing in my life.

Yes, in fact, that's exactly what I'm proclaiming.

Get the hell over yourself. You are not the only human being in the world who has every suffered because of other people's ignorance. That doesn't give you the right to treat whoever you want like shit and with a bad attitude.

Maybe if you didn't have such a horrible attitude people might actually bother to feel a little sympathy for you. All I see right now is a pity parade.

Actually darling, I do in fact know exactly what that's like, thank you very much. I don't particularly feel like sharing my life story with the entire internet, but I also grew up with the maturity to treat individuals as individuals.

Because caring about other people and their issues is a basic tenant of human interaction? And If you're not interested in interacting with people in a way that actually respects them as individuals, why the hell are you on a message forum in the first place?

Want to stop acting like an ignorant prick any time soon?

So do you think that the Australian government has overcompensated because of some level of misplaced guilt? If so, I can see where the frustration comes from - but the frustration is probably on both sides. I have a suspicion that some of the Aboriginal people will want to work and pay their own way, but they're told they have to do it *this* way or they won't receive compensation at all.

Perhaps the problem is the Australian government has decided to treat them like children who can't do for themselves. If this is the case, how would you remedy the situation so there's equality without trampling on the rights of another human being?

ETA: Wrote this before seeing your edit above, not that it matters - it works either way.

Want to stop acting like an ignorant prick any time soon?
Oh, look, Shai is breaking the rules of his own forum. Again.

What's wrong, you don't like that I called out your little fuck buddy for the way she's acting?

Our little friend here walked into the thread and shat all over someone who didn't even attack her. Then she bitches and insults everyone, and gets called out for it. And this makes me an "ignorant prick"?

Gotta love how you constantly make exception to people's behaviour when it suits you. There's a reason people think you're full of shit Shai.

Reactions: the
"I've never been a hypocrite about a single thing in my life."
I don't believe it.

"Yes, in fact, that's exactly what I'm proclaiming."
You're deluded

"Get the hell over yourself. You are not the only human being in the world who has every suffered because of other people's ignorance. That doesn't give you the right to treat whoever you want like shit and with a bad attitude."
I never claimed this to be so, and I do not go out and seek people to treat like crap. I merely don't concern myself with race issues until people as a whole acknowledge that white people suffer from racism too.

"Maybe if you didn't have such a horrible attitude people might actually bother to feel a little sympathy for you. All I see right now is a pity parade."
Quit projecting, you've been on me like a fly on crap all because I said I'm not interested in racial issues largely because of my own mistreatment. I wasn't here for pity, I did however want to call attention to the lopsidedness of racial issues.

"Actually darling, I do in fact know exactly what that's like, thank you very much. I don't particularly feel like sharing my life story with the entire internet, but I also grew up with the maturity to treat individuals as individuals."
You have clearly demonstrated such maturity here, if a person talks with me specifically about their issues then I am willing to hear it out but I am not keen on the people as a whole.

"Because caring about other people and their issues is a basic tenant of human interaction? And If you're not interested in interacting with people in a way that actually respects them as individuals, why the hell are you on a message forum in the first place?"
I can care about people, just not large groups of people. And some issues I see as less important then others.
But then I'm also a robot

"What's wrong, you don't like that I called out your little fuck buddy for the way she's acting?"
I'm someones fuck buddy now? Yeah, you are mature.

"Our little friend here walked into the thread and shat all over someone who didn't even attack her. Then she bitches and insults everyone, and gets called out for it. And this makes me an "ignorant prick"?"
I didn't shit over the op, and I have not been attacking everyone either. You're the one here who wanted to be a dick with me.

Last edited:
Funny. So white Europeans shove aboriginals off their land then, later, feel slighted by their own government for trying to force the aboriginals to fit into a system they find unnatural... by handing them stuff they don't even want.

You Australians crack me up!

Alright guys... I understand that this topic can get rather hairy at times, but let's try to keep calm about this, and be respectable. If it does keep staying too heated in here, I will lock the thread for a few hours to let it chill.

There are many differences in what an affluent child has access to as opposed to what poor children have access to. The thing is that many times the affluent child is white and the poor child is black or latino. Race does matter. It is a shame. By saying that you are color blind denys the reality.

This is so cute! Within two pages even the most humble of forums is having a passing match. Anyways, I don't think the "I'm a white and I don't get recognition" really flies well. I don't know how to put it into words but combined with white privilege (in a american pov) I don't think that many people are really affected by being a white. The post aboves me makes a good point about affluence versus poorness, although neither of these qualities revolve in one race.

I read a article recently comparing racism of today to that of the 1970s and 80s, it stated that with our politically correctness we have taken a step back and allowed a more racist society to take hold. Do you humble INFJs think that is true? Another random Ne inspired question is a lot of racism is connected with the south when we speak of America, and that's not simply true. I find the north to be a lot more racist than the south. Do you think this as well?

Oh, look, Shai is breaking the rules of his own forum. Again.

What's wrong, you don't like that I called out your little fuck buddy for the way she's acting?

Our little friend here walked into the thread and shat all over someone who didn't even attack her. Then she bitches and insults everyone, and gets called out for it. And this makes me an "ignorant prick"?

Gotta love how you constantly make exception to people's behaviour when it suits you. There's a reason people think you're full of shit Shai.
Oh, she didn't insult anyone until BoredNow started attacking her, and you jumped in on the bandwagon.

Where did she "bitch and insult everyone"?
I know she replied in kind to BN, who you're in love with, but that's hardly attacking or being a bitch.

Skoffin is not my fuckbuddy, and yet again you jump in with adhominems.
I felt safe using them because you were blasting all over the place with them.

Want me to quote yours?
Nicky? Please...

Oderint Dum Metuant says (1:36 PM):
I'm not some promiscuous bitch and I don't like some wanker accusing me of such

The song has nice tune. (; I can see their point, but they refuse to see the larger picture.

About racism - just because people are used to behave like total fools about something so superficial, and to re-iterate it in every new generation, doesn't mean it has any other basis, except tradition. There's plenty of evidence to prove that.

So trust me, it will be gone someday. Like many other superficial categories from the past, which no longer exist today.

Alright guys... I understand that this topic can get rather hairy at times, but let's try to keep calm about this, and be respectable. If it does keep staying too heated in here, I will lock the thread for a few hours to let it chill.
I'll keep calm when the owner of this community doesn't sit around and break his own rules as his convenience, and walk into threads insulting its members because he doesn't like what someone said.

Of course you don't have to care about anyone. You don't have to *like* anyone. I don't think anyone is forcing you to play nice with people you don't want to be around.

But help me to understand: What things do you think minorities get acknowledgment for that you don't? What special treatment? Is it housing that they couldn't get before but now they can, or is it job related, where they couldn't get the jobs they wanted in the past, but now they can? Or is it something else?

Sorry for ignoring you arb, I'll get to you now.

My issue has nothing to do with material gains, my problem is the fact that it seems difficult (with some people, even impossible) to get acknowledgment that white people can suffer racism too. I grew up in a predominatly Asian neighbourhood and many of them wanted the white families to move out. So I grew up having to deal with insults, violence and what have you because I wasn't the same colour. I've moved away from that area but it seems that most people aren't willing to believe that, as a white person, I could have grown up being discriminated against. There are race issues recorded in the media often, but I've never seen mention of discrimination of white people. All I want is it to be accepted that white people do suffer racial discrimination too. Being attacked for being white is just as bad as being attacked for being black, and it shouldn't be so damn hard to report crimes against whites.

I'll keep calm when the owner of this community doesn't sit around and break his own rules as his convenience, and walk into threads insulting its members because he doesn't like what someone said.
Many inappropriate jabs have been made in this thread. Shai's was not the first. You could have tried keeping calm a long time ago, but didn't, hence the ruckus. I'm not placing blame on anyone in particular, but beyond this point there is no need to continue escalating the fight.

There are many differences in what an affluent child has access to as opposed to what poor children have access to. The thing is that many times the affluent child is white and the poor child is black or latino. Race does matter. It is a shame. By saying that you are color blind denys the reality.

We don't really have Latino, we've got Polynesians though, and they're treated pretty much the same (from what I've seen) as everyone else.

However, we also have very poor white people living amongst everyone of all races. And while it may not be racism poured down from those in power, it's certainly poured down occasionally from those of us surrounding us. I remember going to Toowong State High School in Brisbane, it had a half Vietnamese population and there was certainly the more than occasional discrimination from them to us. I grew up with aboriginals, and moved into a multicultural city, I didn't really become prejudiced to any race until I moved to Darwin, so I didn't know how to be racist, and yet I still copped shit now and then.

Sure, it was just their fears and insecurities, and I know that now, I considered anyone who dared insult me a moron and wasn't really that touched by it. There were no doubt other "white boys and girls" who weren't as self assured and got deeply hurt by it.

We're not America, we don't have the same problems or History. And by the way, it wasn't OUR government that forced them off their lands, it was the British Government who OWNED New South Wales (the then current name of our colonies), after they tried to deal decently with the Aboriginals a few times (obviously there were the settlers who would shoot them for coming on our lands and convicts who dealt badly with them), but for quite a bit the Aboriginals would, for their part, attack British areas ruthlessly.

War was a big part of their culture.
The Red Coats were just so much better.

I am retracting the words "Ignorant Prick" and apologise for the flames. It was inappropriate no matter what influenced their posting.

To me the problem isn't discrimination. Some discrimination can be, and is, good. The problem that comes into the fray is oppression. Oppression and racism go hand in hand quite well. When talking about (and then trying to fix) racism we have to realize that the problem is solving things isn't that people are different, but that the power system is flawed. The problem isn't race differences but the differences race make. The majority are the ones in hold of the power, and even in cases of reverse racism, the majority is empowered. The differences between races isn't skin color, but rather power.

In the case of reverse racism, it only enforces that people are different. Legally implemented affirmative action fails almost all the time for a reason. In the case of college admissions, affirmative action discredits the minority and places undo burdens on them. The minority it expected to "diversify" and educated the majority in the college population, thus only enforcing racial differences. The minorities are there for the benefit of the majority. Not to mention the minorities who can make it without affirmative action are discredited later as only being there because of affirmative action.

People fail to realize that racism, in all forms, exists because of an imbalance of power, not differences. It's all about the oppressors and the oppressed. The only way the oppressed can fully break through the chains of oppression (and thus further humanize the oppressed and the oppressor) is through their own accord. Whites freeing the slaves and instating affirmative action haven't stopped Blacks from being oppressed. Gay marriages granted to gays from heterosexuals haven't stopped gays from being oppressed. Women's rights and suffrage haven't completely closed the wage gap because these things were given to them by those in power.

Not to mention standards throughout the world are completely off. In America, the standard is a white man. How do we make women equal? We give them the right men have to vote and give them pay equal to that of men. What do we do to make Blacks equal? We give the rights Whites have and give them the job opportunity of Whites. To use such standards makes the oppressed inferior to the "scale model" and they have to work to come up to the same level. They are dehumanized.

Reactions: acd

I also heard minorities have a better chance of getting into college just for that. In addition, I think their is a law that an employer has to higher at least some minorities.

I also heard minorities have a better chance of getting into college just for that. In addition, I think their is a law that an employer has to higher at least some minorities.

Less minorities apply for college. I also don't think having a few token ethnic people constitutes a great thing when a company has well over 2,000 workers.