questions for INFJ's | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

questions for INFJ's

cause I like you guys and want to understand your personality type better. feel free to answer as many or as few of these as you like. also, anyone else can answer too if they like.

thanks if you answer! :)

1) what personality traits do you most admire and respect? Kindness, generosity, integrity, gentleness, wisdom, intelligence, good humor, humorous

2) what personality traits are you most offended by? Mean-spiritedness, pettiness, snobbery, extreme arrogance, bitterness, racism, whining, pushiness, jealousy

3) how confident are you that you are in fact an INFJ? 95%

4) what enneagram personality type are you? 6w5 or 9w1

5) if your partner cheated on you, said it was a mistake and asked for your forgiveness, would you be able to give it? In my younger days, no. Now, it would depend. I'd be deeply, deeply hurt - but I've been deeply hurt before. I may know how to navigate the waters better now.

6) when you see homeless people by the side of the road, do you give them money? Sometimes. I've given them food and jackets before, too. I try to donate often to shelters.

7) would you want the power to be able to see into the future? No. That already happens too much as it is. I like not having to worry about it.

8) if some dear friend of yours was dying of terminal cancer asked you to euthanize him/her, would you be able to do it? Wow. Probably not. That hits too close to home as is (long story).

9) how do you feel about humanity in general? When they're good, they're very, very good. When they're bad, they're horrid.

10) why do you keep coming back to this forum (if you do)? I'm a mod! Seriously, though, it's a different sense from other forums. This is the one that's felt most comfortable in a long line of multiple forums. I enjoy the large expanse of ideas and the various maturity levels...plus, I learn something new every moment I'm here and I get to enjoy a variety of deep, intuitive, thought-provoking questions and answers.

Last edited:
1) what personality traits do you most admire and respect?
Strong personalities that show compassion, intellect, ambition, balance, and integrity. Generally, I admire anyone who follows the motto, "Speak softly, but carry a big stick." I also heavily admire anyone who stands up for the downtrodden.

2) what personality traits are you most offended by?
Bitterness, cynicism, arrogance, passive-aggression, dishonesty, intolerance, playing the victim, general disregard for others, people who think they have all the answers.

3) how confident are you that you are in fact an INFJ?
I'm about 80/20.

4) what enneagram personality type are you?
8w9 or 1w9. I test consistently between those two.

5) if your partner cheated on you, said it was a mistake and asked for your forgiveness, would you be able to give it?
I can forgive a lot of things, but cheating is definitely not one of them.

6) when you see homeless people by the side of the road, do you give them money?
Yes, or I'll buy them a hot drink and a muffin if there's a Tim Hortons nearby.

7) would you want the power to be able to see into the future?
No. I believe that the future is in constant flux and ours to yet make. We can pick up on patterns, perhaps, but we can never know anything for certain.

8) if some dear friend of yours was dying of terminal cancer asked you to euthanize him/her, would you be able to do it?
No. Who am I to take a life, even upon request?

9) how do you feel about humanity in general?
I think everyone has the capacity for great good and unspeakable evil; I think that is as beautiful as it is terrifying.

10) why do you keep coming back to this forum (if you do)?
A lot of folks here helped me through a very difficult time not too long ago. I feel a kinship with them.

Last edited:
Reactions: wiredandwound
Honesty to self an others, integrity of motives, intelligence sans arrogance, and compassion/respect for others
arrogance, extreme agressiveness, brutality, "because it just is" rational
fairly confident. I know that my Fi and Ne cognitive functions are low compared to the Fe and Ni, and that I'm not nearly confident enough to be an ENFJ
I believe it was 4w5 or the peace-making one. A bit of both.
5) if your partner cheated on you, said it was a mistake and asked for your forgiveness, would you be able to give it?
I would forgive it but ever forget it. I would probably be a litle bitter and very personally offended.
6) when you see homeless people by the side of the road, do you give them money?
No, as I don't drive, and I don't have any--I might, though
Maybe. I have enough anxiety as it is. I would either worry more over things I couldn't control, or completel harness my inner essence until I made myself sick.
8) if some dear friend of yours was dying of terminal cancer asked you to euthanize him/her, would you be able to do it?
Hmm, that is very tough. I would probably meditate long and hard over it. I would ask her/him to make sure she/he was 100% confident in the decision made. Then, I probably would, considering I would probably want a peaceful death, too.
Has it's good and has it's bad. I really want to find the good and learn from them. I am astounded in both postive and negative ways by people's motives.
It's home sweet home. It's incredibly cozy and comforting, and I have learned so much.

self awareness, genuineness, intellectual/emotional honesty, insightfulness, considerateness, emotional generosity

intellectual/emotional lack of awareness, pushiness, arrogance, leadership

I'm pretty close to an INFP and my F is not strongly defined

4) what enneagram personality type are you? d/k

Probably as long as I believed him/her

Not usually except in other countries where I'm not sure how bad the social service system is

yes

No, I might try to persuade him/her to take medication for depression or just try to talk to him/her quite a lot, unless maybe s/he was in terrible, untreatable physical pain

It's sad and disgusting that half the population of the world lives on less than $2/day while others live rich country lifestyle (like me)

loneliness and interest

Genuine kindness, and guts. Integrity is a big plus, too.

Fakeness, prejudism, disregard for life, and domineering.

Bout 90%

A 9 with no wings.(Help, I can't fly!)

Difficult. I'd forgive the person, but it's unlikely we'd stay together. I need to be able to trust her.

Typically any monetary donations I give are given anonymously to individuals.

No. I already have dreams that do that and I'd rather not. It'd be kind of boring to see in the future and know what you're going to do. And if you change your action, it's not really seeing the future so what's the point?

The only instance I can think of where I'd be able to kill someone was defense of myself or someone else. And even there, I'd have to know I can't incapacitate or deter them instead. Cancer patients can recover sometimes, even if the chance is small.

One of the most amazing things I've ever seen. How do you generalize something so diverse?

It's a community of like-minded folks. I really appreciate the insight provided on the multitude of topics started here. Guess I just like this place.

Last edited:
integrity, inteligence, interest for others, strong will
when someone don't "see" others, "severe cases" of trash talking, brutality
very, i took test just few times, it was always INFJ, but it's not test that makes me sure. It was feeling that I had when I read description for first time. It was "Oh, I am not THAT strange, I am not THAT weird, I am just INFJ..." Epiphany...one of the best moments in 2008.
I never took that test.
I don't know.
Usually yes.
It would be temptetation, but NO.
I couldn't do that.
Good, inspite of everything, most people are good people, but somehow wrong ones are easier to spot...
Because I can learn something, because it's easier that I am not only one with certain problems and feelings...

Last edited:
Uhm, mostly confidence, passion, honesty, just.

Rudeness, unnecessary anger, violence for any reason, arrogance (especially if it's coupled with ignorance), lack of imagination.

98%, only because I always have a little doubt XD

9w1 so/sx

Only once.

If I have change to hand, otherwise I get in people's way.

Only if I could choose what I saw and when I saw it :)

No, but I'd try to convince the doctors to do it. Maybe if they absolutely wouldn't...

It's not the best, but it's not as bad as it could be, so I'm not too bothered by it. I wish people could get on though.

It's enlightening and entertaining :)

- Kindness, Sense of Humor, Generosity, Patience, Intelligence

- Liars, Fake, Narrow-minded, Cruelty, Egoistic

- I dislike categorizing things, but this one actually nails my personality type.

- Not sure.

- First time around, yes. If I sense that he's truly sorry for what he did, yes. Second-chances are great for people who actually deserve it. But the trust wouldn't be the same.

- If I have some extra on me, yes.
- That'd be nice, but I already experience some so-called premonitions through dreams. Quite freaky in an extremely fascinating way.

- I can't. As much as I say that I would like to do it to end their suffering, I can't. Just the thought of doing so hurts me.

- They need to be a bit more forgiving among themselves and be content with what they have. I'm sure everyone can achieve happiness if they just learn to appreciate the things that really matter instead of continually craving for material things. I wish they can just all get along and understand one another.

- It's great. I actually learn some very interesting stuff from this forum.

Last edited:

1. I enjoy a person who is kind, generous, and patient.

2. I'm not really offended more often than I am deeply saddened and/or turned off. I am deeply saddened by a person who is cruel, merciless, and violent. I'm turned off by people who are careless with people's feelings, puritanical, and unaccepting.

3. I'm fairly confident, and I have my doubts. Does that make sense? :m130:
4. 6w5 I'm really stressed.

5. I would forgive, but I couldn't forget.

6. Yes, this may be one of the reasons I leave my wallet home a lot.

7. Heh.

8. I get to think about this almost everyday. I would if it were legal. While I don't necessarily believe too much in this law I do realize that I need to play by the rules until I can change them. This life means next to nothing, and I can't stand to see people suffer.

9. I feel mostly love and disappointment.

10. I keep saying it's the free hugs, but I'm not sure if anyone believes me.

1) Strength, honesty, compassion, the ability to care, the willingness to understand
2) Denial, ignorance, arrogance, manipulativeness, malice
3) Actually, fairly confident, even though I don't have strong preferences. My base type is definitely INFJ, although I have developed to the point where sometimes it's rather hard to tell.
4) 4 with both wings
5) Yes, I would, but I would be careful and it'd probably involve some work on their end.
6) Not usually; I've had experience with the deception of people.
7) Nah, takes all the fun out of things. I like some element of surprise in life. Keeps things interesting.
8) Yes.
9) I am a realist -- there is a lot of potential in people, but many don't know how to reach it. It's neither inherently good nor inherently bad.
10) I like it here. I can get feelings off my chest, get/give advice, and talk to people that have a more natural inclination to understand me. It's stress-relieving.

Openness, ability to listen, intuitive, wise, relaxed nature...

Domineering, oppressive, fake, extremist behaviors, lack of respect, lack of courage...
80%
5w4 or something like that...

5) if your partner cheated on you, said it was a mistake and asked for your forgiveness, would you be able to give it? Nope. Trust is broken and Im not interested in fixing something that broke naturally in the first place.

6) when you see homeless people by the side of the road, do you give them money? Yes, and some left over lunch or food in my bag.

Yes I do.

8) if some dear friend of yours was dying of terminal cancer asked you to euthanize him/her, would you be able to do it? No. I don't believe the power to take someone's life even if it was consented. Some things are better left alone and be taken care of by time, fate, whatever...

Humanity in general is selfish, greedy and full of themselves and they will always be that way.

10) why do you keep coming back to this forum (if you do)? To connect with mature, spiritual and wise and open individuals...despite being an INFJ i encountered more people unlike me than like me.

thanks if you answer! :)[/QUOTE]

1) What personality traits do you most admire and respect?

Honesty, integrity, humility, kindness and generosity

2) What personality traits are you most offended by?

Selfishness, greed, arrogance, over-aggressiveness

3) How confident are you that you are in fact an INFJ?

Out of all the types, I am an INFJ.

4) What enneagram personality type are you?

Don't know

5) If your partner cheated on you, said it was a mistake and asked for your forgiveness, would you be able to give it?

The guy would already be dead and I'd have thrown her out and never speak to her again. So no.

6) When you see homeless people by the side of the road, do you give them money?

When I was younger I did. But now, no.

7) Would you want the power to be able to see into the future?

Not really, although it would be nice to know when to let go and when to keep going.

8) If some dear friend of yours was dying of terminal cancer asked you to euthanize him/her, would you be able to do it?

I can't answer that, because I really don't know. Haven't thought about it.

9) How do you feel about humanity in general?

I am generally guarded and defensive in regards to humanity because I fixate on the bad people in the world. There are evil people who will hurt you and others for their own benefit. It can be seen a pessimistic but I'm just being safe. Having said, for every evil there is a good, I suppose.

10) Why do you keep coming back to this forum (if you do)?

I do it now because I care for someone very much. And there are a lot of other great people. I want continue developing my knowledge of the MBTI and Personality Psychology in general.

1) what personality traits do you most admire and respect?....... Honesty, integrity, loyalty

2) what personality traits are you most offended by?......... rudeness, arrogance

3) how confident are you that you are in fact an INFJ?......... trust me!

4) what enneagram personality type are you? .........Don't know

5) if your partner cheated on you, said it was a mistake and asked for your forgiveness, would you be able to give it? ............. No! I would turn my back , and walk away, forever. I could never trust that person again, and without trust, I could never relax enough to take off the mask that I show to the world.( I wish I could explain it better, but I could fill up a whole page.)

6) when you see homeless people by the side of the road, do you give them money? ..............It depends, If i truly feel that they are in dire straits I will give them the coat off my back, but if I sense that they are just taking advantage of me, i wont.

7) would you want the power to be able to see into the future?........ Yes it would save my brain so much work. I could then use the results to validate what i already knew was going to happen

8) if some dear friend of yours was dying of terminal cancer asked you to euthanize him/her, would you be able to do it?............Honestly, i could turn off my emotions and do it, BUT, It would haunt me until my dying day, It would be a terrible conflict inside of me. I do not believe in euthanasia, but my empathy for the dying person would stab my heart . It would be a no win situation.

9) how do you feel about humanity in general?........ I am in love with the idea of people, it's just that they always let me down, and live up to my expectations.

10) why do you keep coming back to this forum (if you do)? ........Just found it

1) what personality traits do you most admire and respect? Humility, wisdom, integrity, respect, compassion, understanding, tolerance, acceptance, self-confidence.

2) what personality traits are you most offended by? Greed, malevolence, disrespect, shallowness, hedonism, corruption, lack of tolerance and also those who are excessively judgemental (i.e. those who are too quick or too willing to judge other people).

3) how confident are you that you are in fact an INFJ? Fairly confident, going by the INFJ profile pages that I’ve read on various websites and also, from what I’ve seen here.

4) what enneagram personality type are you? Sorry for my ignorance, I don’t know what this is.

5) if your partner cheated on you, said it was a mistake and asked for your forgiveness, would you be able to give it? Doubt I would find myself in such a scenario (mainly because I seem to have been born with no libido and therefore have no attraction to anyone of any sex), but I probably would, depending on how deep the relationship was and how much I valued it.

6) when you see homeless people by the side of the road, do you give them money? Sometimes, but I hardly see any around my area nowadays.

7) would you want the power to be able to see into the future? Who wouldn't? Stuff the surprise element!

8) if some dear friend of yours was dying of terminal cancer asked you to euthanize him/her, would you be able to do it? What a tough question! It’s not something that I’ve thought about deeply and it’s not a position which anyone would ever want to be in, but I think, if that was what they really wanted and they were in a lot of pain, then perhaps that would be the compassionate thing to do.

9) how do you feel about humanity in general? Every day I see acts of kindness carried out by ordinary people, and even if they may be small and simple, such as holding the door for another person, they raise my hopes for humanity, even if at least briefly. Overall, it is rather grim, but that is the nature of mankind. If humanity looks bleak, then that is only because of our imperfections as human beings. We can’t expect to live in a perfect, humane world without suffering.

10) why do you keep coming back to this forum (if you do)? Because there are so many nice and understanding people on here who I can deeply relate to. Coming on here also helps me to keep my sanity!

kindness and caring, wisdom, humor, depth of thought and emotion

Selfishness, arrogance, stupidity, cruelty, unforgiving

I am an INFJ--100%.

4w5

5) If your partner cheated on you, said it was a mistake and asked for your forgiveness, would you be able to give it?

Yes, I was probably not giving her what she needed.

6) When you see homeless people by the side of the road, do you give them money?

No. I just don't feel right about it. It's hard to explain.

Yes, but not my own.

8) If some dear friend of yours was dying of terminal cancer asked you to euthanize him/her, would you be able to do it?

It depends on the circumstances. As a general rule, probably not.

Lots of potential but a long, long ways to go. People are usually not as bad, or as good, as they seem. We are all flawed beings. The larger the group, the more potential for darker side to come out.

This forum is great. It helps me know more about myself and my type (and other types too). It has some great, creative, caring, funny people that I like to hang out with--even in cyberspace!!

1) what personality traits do you most admire and respect? kindness, compassion, respect, open-mindedness

2) what personality traits are you most offended by? mercilessness, uncaring, mean, close mindedness, arrogance, cruelness

3) how confident are you that you are in fact an INFJ? very confident, yo the point where there is no use denying it...it's so uncanny how INFJ I am.

4) what enneagram personality type are you? umm... :S

5) if your partner cheated on you, said it was a mistake and asked for your forgiveness, would you be able to give it? Eventually, But, since I am a lover of poetic justice, something would need to settle the score for me to feel better (not cheating on him! but something). ....Actually think about this a bit, I don't think I'd have the heart to be revengeful, but I would want something to happen for them to know I'm not a door mat.

6) when you see homeless people by the side of the road, do you give them money? Sometimes, depends on what they will use it for. Most of the homeless ppl in bermuda (where I'm from) are just addicts, so here? no way. But if the person is truthfully looking for help (like food etc) I'd help.

I met this senegalese man, who had just arrived in UK that day, and had nowhere to stay. He told me that this near inn offered to give him discount and he could stay there for 3 nights and that he was

Last edited:
This is so interesting. So many INFJs here can see into the future !!! (O_O) (question 7)

open-mindedness, genuinity, compassion, wisdom, intelligence, humility, selflessness, emotional stamina, patience

arrogance, ignorance, indifference, narcissism, manipulation, rudeness, arrogance, narcissism, indifference, arrogance, narcissism, indifference...
Let me be clear: I PITY these people.

When I first read a description of the INFJ personality type, I felt like all my questions had been answered. :)

not sure... somewhere between 9, 4 and 2

I wouldn't forget it, but I'd give him a chance to redeem himself.

Nope. I direct them to The Healing Place, an amazing homeless shelter / addiction recovery program in our city. It has 5x the national average recovery rate. :)

No! What's the point of living life if you already know what'll happen? Don't get me wrong; I plan thoroughly for the future. But I want to experience it as it comes. If I were to visit my past self, I would give myself mini-lessons, but I wouldn't tell myself what would happen. Okay; maybe I would tell myself who I'd marry to prevent awful heartbreak...
...And yes, I have had some of those creepy psychic experiences. :) I see it as being exceptionally perceptive to patterns in people.

Yes. I'd hate it, but I'd do it. Of course, by "do it" I mean allow a DOCTOR to put the needle in. :)

It is far more beautiful than we realize. :)

INFJs are empathetic beings; I love talking to people whom I relate to and who can relate to me. :)

Last edited:
1. What personality traits do you most admire and respect?

Sincerity, Honesty, Acceptance, Patience, Respect, Wisdom, Maturity, Humbleness

2. What personality traits are you most offended by?

Abrasive, Shallow, Stupid, Insincere, Cocky, Unoriginal

3. How confident are you that you are in fact an INFJ?

Somewhere between 90--100% certain. I match the description and get the same result on every different test.

4. What enneagram personality type are you?

I tested this. I got 2, 3, and 9, but am unsure how to write that.

5. If your partner cheated on you, said it was a mistake and asked for your forgiveness, would you be able to give it?

Quite frankly, I was most excited for this question. To keep it short, no. Never. If he had loved me enough in the first place, he would never have fallen for another girl. If I can not fulfill his expectations, he must go and find another girl that can.

6. When you see homeless people by the side of the road, do you give them money?

For the most part, no. Although it sounds coarse and awful, I always question whether or not they are really homeless, or what they would buy with what I give them. You can not always tell, but you can never be sure. Maybe one to ten dollars at most.

7. Would you want the power to be able to see into the future?

Excuse me if I rant. No, because seeing into the future means nothing but personal madness. You know someone will die, but you can not prevent it. You know someone will prevail through something awful, like a future car crash or a certain cancer, but you can not tell anyone. If you give in and tell someone anything, there is a chance you would be put in an insane asylum or simply under surveilance, and forced to watch as everyone around you both suffers and gains without you there or without you being able to warn them. You are trapped in your own mind with no escape. You are not the superhero you planned to be.

8. If some dear friend of yours was dying of terminal cancer asked you to euthanize him/her, would you be able to do it?

Never. I am sad to say that burden is not mine to bear. I will be alongside my friend on every step of the way, but I will never be able to carry that responsibility around with me after they are gone.

9. How do you feel about humanity in general?

We're devolving.

10. Why do you keep coming back to this forum?

I'm entranced by the kinship I feel. xD To say the least. We are all involved, and there is no small talk. I like giving my opinion in places like these, where there is acceptance and maturity around every corner.

Honesty (esp in difficult situations), confidence, rationality, quick-wittedness, self-awareness (the good kind), patience

Outright hostility, anything causing neighbourly distubances, lying (debatable), seflishness, callousness, negligence

numerically, about 63%, but this is not everything. Actually, however,...
...not at all; I doubt myself too much, especially since my picture of myself is made up of what others think of me; and on the other hand I am almost too happy about it. I am a living dichotomy in a sea of antonyms.

Dunno. Wouldn’t really know how to determine that, even though I took some test a few weeks ago. I don't remember. Was it that tritype thing?

Trust once given is not easily regained. He’d have to prove himself, which would not be easy.

I don’t because there is no certainty they aren’t addicts. I’d give some drink and food though.

No, because you can’t be sure if you aren’t creating the very future you wish to prevent. In the end it would depend on whether that future is fixed or not and on whether I am capable to do something if it is not.

No! Certainly not myself. How would that person even know they actually wanted it? It's not a decision that can be made on the fly. And pain is not a good enough reason, this is what painkillers/morphine are for.

Most people are egotistical self-serving dickholes that only care for themselves and only help others for selfish reasons. But even they just want to get by, despite their way of going about it.

To regain some trust in humanity (well, at least now) and find myself among kindred spirits. They are good company, even if it’s anonymous.