questions for INFJ's | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

questions for INFJ's

1) what personality traits do you most admire and respect?
Honesty, Forth-rightness, Patience, Integrity, Openmindedness

2) what personality traits are you most offended by?
Arrogance, Prudence, Overbearingness, Disrespect, Deveptiveness

3) how confident are you that you are in fact an INFJ?
Normally 100%, during times of stress 75%

4) what enneagram personality type are you?
2w3, 2w1,

5) if your partner cheated on you, said it was a mistake and asked for your forgiveness, would you be able to give it?
Yes if the agreement was no cheating. Once is a mistake, more than once is a choice.

6) when you see homeless people by the side of the road, do you give them money?
Yes, or I've been known to take them to the diner and buy them a meal.

7) would you want the power to be able to see into the future?
No...why spoil Christmas?

8) if some dear friend of yours was dying of terminal cancer asked you to euthanize him/her, would you be able to do it?
Yes, if they had asked me to if this was their wishes.

9) how do you feel about humanity in general?
I hate everybody:p, no, seriously, I have love and caring for all and it can be a curse.

10) why do you keep coming back to this forum (if you do)?
I've grown to love and care for many of the people I've interacted with here. I enjoy reading happy stories and empathize with the struggles of others too. I thought about leaving about a month ago, just disappearing like a ghost, decided I'd miss the daily musings of those I've come to call friend here.

Difficult question. Integrity, positivity, perseverance, honesty, courage, patience, gentleness.

superficiality, deceitfulness, judgementalness hypocrisy, lack of heart.

Pretty much confident,

4w3

5) if your partner cheated on you, said it was a mistake and asked for your forgiveness, would you be able to forgive it?

It really depends on what my gut tells me. If I understood their state of mind and that they absolutely loved me - if I loved them enough to still want them in my life, and If, overall, I trusted their integrity and that it wasn't likely to repeat I would forgive them.

6) when you see homeless people by the side of the road, do you give them money?

It depends what vibe I get off them, and if I feel drawn to give to them.

Depends what use it would have and what I would use it for.

8) if some dear friend of yours was dying of terminal cancer asked you to euthanize him/her, would you be able to do it?

If I knew it would absolutely relieve their suffering and was the best way, and what they absolutely wanted, and if I would not be criminalised/imprisoned for it then I would.

One fucked up amazing beautiful mess.

Because I feel at home here.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sandie33
. I thought about leaving about a month ago, just disappearing like a ghost, decided I'd miss the daily musings of those I've come to call friend here

Lol, I bet a lot of INFJ's here have thought about doing that, (without actually doing it).

-honesty, emotional stability, helpfulness and being humble

-arrogant know it alls.

-lol if you asked me this a few months ago, i wouldve answered 50/50 but im 90% sure now. 10% keys to other factors affecting my other personality traits.

i am 1w2......

5) if your partner cheated on you, said it was a mistake and asked for your forgiveness, would you be able to give it?
- once is okay. twice is too much. i am no martyr and i value myself. i know myself well to know that i love more than i should, care more than i should and give more than i should and know for sure that im not the one who screwed up my potential relationship. i can forgive, but to get back with them is a no no. once my trust is betrayed, its hard to get it back. like really hard to gain it back.

- i rarely give money. i usually give food (for immediate need) and long term help like give them work or find them somewhere to live.

- i have a powerful Ni. being an infj and a scorpio. but to answer the question, its good for security purposes but the element of surprise is still good from time to time. :p

- yes. if that will make their suffering end. if its something with chance of being well, i wont.

-disappointing but beautiful.

-coz its a great distraction for my nonstop mind. i also learned a lot from here.. i learned more about how humans process things, being able to be exposed in diff cultures and people has helped me gain a better understanding of humans more than i used to. how others answer, their answer, reaction etc. its fascinating. and people here are very supportive. i rarely see these kinds in real life.

Probably agreeableness and openness.

Extraversion at times perhaps...

Very. I've always tested INFJ on paper and online. For years and years.

2w3

Ummmmmmm....I'd need a very very long walk and talk with god to discover that answer.

There's always a want to do so even if it's not an option.

Same answer as I give to the "would you want to have immortality on earth" question...heck no!

I honestly don't know...if they didn't understand the burden they'd be placing on me (by requesting that). I'd question the friendship. Or their state of mind.

It's a darn mess. Some days I love it. Some days I'm disgusted. But this is life. Best wishes and hopes for all.

4005562.jpg

I haven't really read through anyone else's answers yet as I do not want to be influenced!

Loyalty, generosity, compassion, motivation, open mindedness.

Arrogance, passive aggressiveness, complacency.

Pretty confident. I have tested as INFJ multiple times (a couple times INTJ) but I've done self analysis questionnaires on other typology forums and have narrowed it down with the help of others.

Currently, 2w1. My stacking is 286.

This is actually in line with my real life experience. My husband had an emotional affair a few years ago and also admitted to contacting an ex-girlfriend. This put up walls with me that never came down. Trust is earned with me, not given freely until violated and so I had grown to trust him a couple years into the relationship and when I found this out, it was a smack in the face. It therefore makes trust difficult moving forward with anyone else. Not impossible, just hard. I have forgiven my husband for what he's done, but it doesn't mean that the damage hasn't already been done.

If I have a feeling that someone is being authentic and truthful, then yes, I do what I can for them. Money or food.

Yes and no. I suffer with anxiety and that could be a problem. But my head lives in the future constantly planning and trying to decipher choices so it could be enticing.

I don't think I could. I would want to do what I could for them to make them comfortable and possibly pain free in their transition, but to administer a deadly dose of something and be responsible for the death of another, I don't think I could live with.

I feel there are a lot of people who are lost or ignorant. That's why there are insurmountable troubles in the world. War, poverty, disease, crime, etc. But I will always choose to believe that good will prevail against evil and that there are more well-intentioned people on Earth than not.

For connection. For intelligent dialogue. To learn. For entertainment.

Reactions: dang
Empathy, Compassion, being an Intuitive, open minded, abstract thoughts, deep, loyal,
Narcissists! they are demons in skin suits. people who lack tact, inconsiderate, people who are too traditional, people who disregard emotions.
100% taken the test 3 times once by MBTI certified tester. got INFj all 3 times....and once drunk! still an INFJ
Uh IDK
maybe, we all can make a mistake. But I know I could never love them the same way again. if in too much pain I would door slam them. this is for them....cause I keep them around...I could destroy them, I would want too...make them suffer. 100 fold...I could see me dedicating my life to hurting them forever.
yeah, I do. even when I dont I want too I just know it could be dangerous and also I know it may not be really helping.
a Man who knows his own future has no future. ....anyway I already have this. and it sucks.
yes, if I have to be the stronger person than yes.
frustrated very frustrated. Like an adult in child's playground. I can go from having compassion for everyone I meet to thinking basically everyone is STUPID. and if they are not STUPID like all the NTs they are, emotional retarded! which is just as bad as being stupid hell usually its even worse.
I come back to hear from other INFJs or other NFs in general I dont really feel I can talk to S types and be understood, NTs I really enjoy as friends too a point but they can seriously cause RAGE in me so I try to avoid them. I really also feel the need to help people understand narcissistic people. Its like a holy war I have aginst them. I hate them, and I wish to expose them for what they are so that no one will have to suffer at the hands of an abusive Narc. I feel this is so very important in this regard cause INFJs are a #1 target for Narcs. As gifted and wise and all seeing as INFjs are Narcs can fool them BELIEVE me a Narc can fool you. esp the covert ones.

Honesty,openness, vulnerability, compassion, loyalty, stamina, ambition
Flakiness, being a two-faced back stabber, arrogance that can't be backed up, excessive vanity, putting others down to make oneself feel better
I'd say p=.925
Simple answer: 9w1
Full answer=9w1-5w6-2w3 so/sx

Yes, but I don't know if I'd be able to forget it
If they are in close enough proximity, sure...but I'd rather feed them
I mean I kind of already can *shifty eyes*
Well, it's illegal in my state so...but if we were in Oregon, and they had spoken with their family and loved ones and I could feel that to die would bring them more healing , I would. I would make sure they had all the love possible surrounding them as I did it, and would ensure a peaceful transition.
We're perfectly imperfect, and I think that's the beauty of it all.
You know, I ask myself this all the time lol. Sometimes I'm intuitively guided here, sometimes it's sheer curiosity.

Reactions: kfg(atj
Authenticity, Genuineness, self-awareness, stability, extroversion

Lying, deception, clinginess, people that need non-stop attention

95% - Ni vs Ne tripped me up for a bit

1w2

Ugh, this is a tough one. I think outwardly and whole-heartedly I would forgive but never ever would I forget. For this reason, I would know that it was likely over because as much as I would want to, I don't think my spirit would ever truly get over it.

If so, not much. Maybe $5 but would be more likely to run to McDonalds, grab a burger and then go back by and drop it off.

It's tempting but that would ruin life. I like the unexpected at times and if you knew the future, there would be no desire to continue to learn and grow. I think the Ni is enough and is fun to have and the ability to see the future, would take away my best trait.

As a "friend" I would hope to not have to make that decision. That should be a family decision but seeing friends sort of as family, if I let them get close and I had to choose...it would depend on the situation. If the person was unconscious and couldn't make their own decision and wasn't feeling pain, I would leave to God. That's if money wasn't an object. If money was an object, that opens up a new can of worms. How bad is the cancer? How likely is it that they could overcome it and lead some sort of life or at least wake up to tell their family and friends goodbye. Tough one but totally dependent on more details/data to answer it.

Most everyone has good intentions, we all just see different avenues to make the world a better place. The different avenues or ideals of getting to a better or higher state of humanity conflict. For example, think of this phrase, if you give a man a fish he will eat for a day. If you teach a man to fish, he will never go hungry. In my opinion, some people want to fix the symptoms and others want to fix the problem. Who is right and/or wrong? Fixing the problem is harder and takes longer causing more to suffer in the present and short-term future. On the other hand, if we realize the problem and can limit the damage to only what it is today with the hope of an "end" to the problem is in sight, then to me, that is the better way to go. Whatever happened to taking care of each other? Going after the core problem while helping each other at the same time would yield the best long-term results.

Another issue I have is people can't seem to grasp cause and effect and if they can, they can go more than 1 layer down. IF this, THEN this. but "THEN this" also creates another set of cause and effects. If "THEN this" what can happen as a result? It's like looking into a mirror when you have another mirror behind you. The reflection continues until your eyes can no longer see but indeed the reflection continues although we can't see it any longer.

First day here but looking to learn more.

cause I like you guys and want to understand your personality type better. feel free to answer as many or as few of these as you like. also, anyone else can answer too if they like.

thanks if you answer! :)

I came into this typology just recently, and it is an interesting concept, that what I thought was a negative aspect of who I am might actually be a strength. I do toy with the notion that I might not be an INFJ. But every ime I try to find proof to dispute it, I am actually more convinced.

I love being ethical and honest to a fault.
I fucking hate hypocrites and whores.
Humanity in general is devolving into hedonistic, nihilistic crap.

SmartSelectImage_2017-10-31-19-56-32.jpg

Reactions: wiredandwound
cause I like you guys and want to understand your personality type better. feel free to answer as many or as few of these as you like. also, anyone else can answer too if they like.

A1) I admire one who asserts himself and is confident in what he is asking about, one who cares for all and who is generous, who thinks for everyone and helps the weak and loves animals etc etc.

A2)those who are narrow minded, who see things as too simply just by outlook, who assume without finding enough evidence, who consider themselves too much before others, who say things that are tactless especially.

A3) I can only say i have tested as infp,infj,istj,isfj,isfp,esfj,intp,istp before and they go according to how much i knew about mbti before. I used to think i might be either an isfp or infp and took joy in knowing I was a P, that i came across as fun and carefree. But as i found out more about cognitive functions I realised i had very strong Se and i myself knew I wasnt a healthy infj at all. All along i believed being P was a fun and more approachable person with a carefree lifestyle and never wanted to be a J from the start. But seeing how i hate surprises, liked being well prepared and worrying about the future and doing things in advance before they happened and being stressed when something unexpected was thrown at me, yup that surely made me a J whether i liked it or not.

A4) im gonna have to put infj, not cuz i wanna be a special bird but because i couldnt find anything else to fit me as ive tried being another many many times. Im ordinary, i cant be infp or isfp anymore because i lack the authenticity they deeply protect and embrace. Yes i know i will self doubt again some time later if im infj but if it helps im definitely an Se user somewhere in my stack for I buy materialistic items almost always, strong in my senses and the here and now but not Sensor enough to stay locked in facts and routine. I worry how others might look at me and am unable to wear my own artworks out because i fear people might not accept it and even i judge my own artworks that they are not perfect enough. Im self absorbed but not to the point where im able to disregard other people's feelings when hurt. If i do do it, i regret almost immediately and wonder how will we meet or behave the next time, and if i bring on a conflict i know there will be awkwardness and alot of tension, so i tend to anticipate what might happen before i say something. Besides i do have quite a few traits of the infj bearing in mind im not proud that im an unhealthy person and that im prone to huge rage and impulsiveness, feasting and drinking heavily when stressed.

A5) i would depending on how he shows repentance and how much he is willing to change. I would never forget but i dont like not forgiving because not forgiving someone also means not forgiving yourself and allowing both to be in torture forever and thats not the kind of life i want to live.

A6) Sometimes but not often at all, because i know once i start, i wont be able to stop and if i give one i must give the others as well and i cant just give one day but not give often after that. Plus the person must be anticipating something from me in future but being disappointed that i didnt give like the last time. And i dont like giving false hopes.

A7) oh yes man, imagine the mistakes i could avoid now and how will the world change, what illnesses my pets could have so that i can start saving up for them then.
What things to avoid now so that i wont regret in future.

A8) This is such a painful question as ive been through numerous pet deaths, and pets are totally my family and it really tears the heart up let alone a human being. I will see what quality of life this person will have if he remains in the same condition, how willing is he to move on to another place, is his reason strong enough to make me budge? Even in the case of insects who irk me, if a roach is half crushed by something i know i should put it out of its misery, yet my hand simply will not strike it and it makes me upset because either way i cant do anything. So i suppose i will say it depends actually, the amount of pain, how much is the person willing to forgo and the family that is left etc.
Eventually he will go due to terminal cancer so i suppose i will let nature take over unless there are more details provided as to why I must be the one to do it, why must he die even earlier if he is to die anyway. What is the situation such that he must go asap. Where are the doctors and nurses assisting the patient and how am i to euthanise without knowledge on what drug and what syringe and how much dosage, and when to do it such that i wont be caught, what to do if i am caught and sent to jail and how many years will i have to do time and by the time i come out will i be able to find a job etc. How painful it must be to kill my close friend and it will definitely be on my conscience for the rest of my life and wondering if i did the right thing if i euthanised him.

A9) i think people are selfish, racist, sexist, inhumane, wreaking havoc, killing, hunting, abusing, being violent, uncaring. It really baffles me why someone will do evil things to others without considering the aftermath. Certainly there are compassionate people who do care about this world and seek to improve, but they are overshadowed by people who want to do harm. That's why i cry each time i see some good done no matter how small it is, because it's so touching and so remarkable and it temporarily makes me forget that mean people exist.

A10) because there isnt another intuitive in my life that shares my insights because i live mostly with sensors who dont think deeply enough or wonder much. I come back because i can get to know how other people think, what other interesting topics others can provide, and i love answering questions.

Free thinking, intelligence, leadership
Stupidity, people thinking they're smart, impertinence, hostility
I have no doubt at this point
Last time I checked, I was 4w5, but I'm not so sure anymore.
With time, of course.
What I would do, is give them the opportunity to work for money. If they refuse, then no. I wouldn't give them money.
I say yes now, but I'd probably regret it
no
that's an impossible question
brilliant, wonderful people

Kindness, Charity, Patience, Love, Loyalty, Compassion, Dignity, Hopefulness, Forgiveness, Open-Mindedness
Hate, Malice, Spite, Combativeness, Vanity, Vengefulness, Judgementalness, Impatience, Hopelessness, Cruelty, Willful Carelessness, Negligence, Close-Mindedness
100%
2w1
I always forgive, but I don't think I'd be able to get over the pain unless they truly meant it and would never do it again. But I always forgive, so yes. I would be willing to continue the relationship if they were truly regretful and still loved me unconditionally.
Yes, even if I have next to nothing on me, I give them all I have. They have nothing, and I have much more somewhere else, whether it be at home (a home in general), at the bank, etc. Giving them all of the cash+change on me at the time is the right thing to do. I will ask if they wanted me to take them to eat somewhere if I don't sense they want to be left alone.
Ni already grants me that ability. And I have very powerful Ni.
If they truly wanted it from their heart, I would, with tears in my face of course.
Humanity has always been flawed, but has always been improving. The slowness of that improvement bugs me quite a bit, and I really feel like speeding it up some way. And as much hate and malice they spread, they spread infinitely more love and kindness. I am hopeful for a utopia for humanity, and I have a feeling it will come someday soon.
To speak with other like minded individuals, as that's a rare thing to find for us INFJs to do, and to further learn and improve both my personal strengths and weaknesses.

Last edited:
Sincere and a bit bitter. Brave and caring. Slutty and Sweet.
Liers, liers, liers. Smug people, people who can't take a damn joke, people who say "We don't do that"
99%
The kind I was when I was born
Absolutely, then I'd cash in my free-pass.
Yes, my wife hates it. I give only once, and then when they say God bless you, then I tell them that a blessing from my God may not be in your best interest.
What do you mean by "would you want to be able to"?
No. But I'd be there with them and make them try to forget about what is happening to them.
Human beings are the most overrated species on the planet. But gosh darn it, they're just so damn cute.
In Spite of my best efforts, I somehow am still able to have great conversations.

Last edited:
Authenticity, honesty, thoughtfulness
Thoughtlessness, arrogance, spitefulness
90% most of the time, sometimes I wonder though
I did a test a little while ago and it was a cross between a 5 and a 4
Nope. That is betrayal in my book.
Yes, but they have to look really down and out. I know that's not a true indication but that's how I judge whether they're worthy of money.
I don't see the future per se, but I see different outcomes along different threads. So sort of do already even though none are set in stone.
My mum died a while back in hospital. She was old and she thought it was her time. But the doctors kept on trying to give her things to fix her up. It held her in hospital for several more months with (as she called it) her being a guinea pig for all the student doctors.
At that point and seeing her dignity eroded, I became very much pro euthanasia.
I can take them or leave them :) We have this over inflated sense of our own superiority until some little organism / asteroid wipes half of us out.
I like to feel validated that there are others that think similarly to me. Hence why you see me saying "this is me!" to so many posts. Refreshing to have people that are on a similar wavelength. That said to see such a wide variety of people with the same MBTI and all being unique as well.

Reactions: 5ufvdee369jcdd
Kindness, Charity, Patience, Love, Loyalty, Compassion, Dignity, Hopefulness, Forgiveness, Open-Mindedness
Hate, Malice, Spite, Combativeness, Vanity, Vengefulness, Judgementalness, Impatience, Hopelessness, Cruelty, Willful Carelessness, Negligence, Close-Mindedness
100%
2w1
I always forgive, but I don't think I'd be able to get over the pain unless they truly meant it and would never do it again. But I always forgive, so yes. I would be willing to continue the relationship if they were truly regretful and still loved me unconditionally.
Yes, even if I have next to nothing on me, I give them all I have. They have nothing, and I have much more somewhere else, whether it be at home (a home in general), at the bank, etc. Giving them all of the cash+change on me at the time is the right thing to do. I will ask if they wanted me to take them to eat somewhere if I don't sense they want to be left alone.
If they truly wanted it from their heart, I would, with tears in my face of course.
Humanity has always been flawed, but has always been improving. The slowness of that improvement bugs me quite a bit, and I really feel like speeding it up some way. And as much hate and malice they spread, they spread infinitely more love and kindness. I am hopeful for a utopia for humanity, and I have a feeling it will come someday soon.
To speak with other like minded individuals, as that's a rare thing to find for us INFJs to do, and to further learn and improve both my personal strengths and weaknesses.
I forgot to add these in personality traits that piss me off: Stupid people and those who have a severe lack of common sense. People who can be described as "abrasive," aka those who stand by their complete stupidity to the bitter end. People who can only be described "ass-backwards," aka their logic is actually, completely backwards. Like, for example (not a real experience, but close enough), if somebody not just asks, but begs for me to help them up because they've "fallen and can't get up," (you get the reference lol), and when I help them get up, they start screaming at me and harassing me for helping them up. And then they go on to claim they didn't ever ask me to help them, and they truly believe the nonsense they're spitting out. That's the part that gets me -- when they truly believe their ass-backwardsness. I... I can't even comprehend it. It makes me wanna go full Zamasu Zero Mortals Plan on this world when I experience people like this. Like, what the actual fuck? How are people this, literally backwards!? I don't understand it at all.

Sensitivity, Authenticity, Honesty, Generosity, Kindness, Creativity, Determination, Reliability, Perseverence, Respect, Empathy, Gentleness, Nurturing, Organization, Planning, Thoughtfulness, Compassion, Insightfulness, Perceptiveness

Self-centeredness, Narcissism, Selfishness, Stinginess, Wishy-washiness, Flakiness, Superficiality, Shallowness, Violence, Hatred

100%

NO. (Have given it in the past and have no patience for it ever again.)

NO. In our town there is a strong movement to work together to meet the needs of such people in various other ways, as it is well known and confirmed that most spend panhandled funds to feed addictions.

Not really. I think it would stress me out more than not knowing.

I think I would, if I could ensure that no harm would come to others (i.e., my family)

Humanity is complicated.

I find it helpful to ask for input from only INFJs because we share unique common ground that other types don't have. I recognize that there are other smart people here, but I'm not here to engage with them (though a few have grown on me and I can't help myself). I can get non-INFJ input anywhere. I can't get INFJ-only input anywhere else.

100%
2w1
Also forgot to add in number 2, people who tell me what to do. That's my biggest pet peeve.

- Sensitivity
- Authenticity
- Honesty
- Kindness
- Determination when it comes to your interests

- Abusive behaviour
- Superficiality
- Shallow behaviour (Be it product centered or something else)
- Gossip and malicious behaviour without any interest towards one other
- Self-centeredness
- Narcissism
- Selfishness

I'd reckon I am INFJ as I always end up in INFJ related articles, tests, thoughts and questions when I try to study who I am or what I am. I've been doing this for years (on/off) and now I finally seem to have time.

Two or three, but to be honest, I haven't ingestigated the enneagram so well this far. I'd reckon it's 2 (helper)

I'd be lying to myself if I'd say yes. I've done and my innards and guts just constantly kept nagging at me about it, day on and day off. I've gone so far with the people pleasing parts that I've just ended harming myself with those actions. I did that with my former girlfriend. It wasn't pretty.

Well, I didn't give them money, but last time I heard stories that they had cats that they like to feed and keep care of which is my soft spot so I did provide them sandwich and some cat food. Though, at some cases I've given money to them, because I know them (They work for a shelter at the same time) It's like this inner gut feel when I know when to give money or do something else. Which reminds me, it's been awhile.

It's gotten so hard nowadays as there are beggars that work for organized crime and they go lengths just to fake being beggars or homeless. That is such a shame and does make feel bad.

Christ, no. I already stress enough as it is what is to come. I just want to figure myself out first.

If it was a really good friend and there is really nothing we can do then yes. I would help him or her.

Right now? It's one hell of a Twilight Zone episode.

I am not really sure, but there is something that I can reflect upon and ask the help of others. Perhaps provide insight and help to others.

kindness, joyfulness,loyalty
aggression, gossiping, lying
it's me
II
yep. .we are all flawed
no.
nope
yes
I worry about us all and the world we are creating and leaving behind
it is a place of acceptance and truth, and sometimes needed brutal honesty