Preacher man burning Qurans & deathsquadmania | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Preacher man burning Qurans & deathsquadmania

I'm tired of the Media making what would usually be a small-town fuss into an international incident.

It's utterly childish than any man (of faith or not) would think this was a appropriate course of action. The political implications of this situation should be enough that any man that even remotely cares about american lives would refrain from acting like a complete idiot. But. Life's not that logical.

It's not a act of violence, I do find it odd that it seems okay though to some. And also I find it odd that this situation isn't being paid more attention. Take abortion for example, just a simple notion brought about the bible (specifically talking america and christianity) and we've received bombing and the such as retaliation /people showing their faiths. Some people do honestly draw their moral values from religion and burning the book that it comes from seems to be the ultimate insult.

I'm with Barnabas on this one.

Burning a Quaran is impossible for one. What the preacher is burning is paper, the Quaran still exists. There's some symbolism in him burning it, I suppose... oh well. Who cares? It hurts no one. At best it is disrespecting another religion but there's better things to worry about than some guy doing this.

How people show their respect in life reveals their true character. I think burning American flags is fine, bibles too because the people who choose to do that are saying a lot about who they are. Decent people will show respect when it is appropriate.

We need to get riled up when things that matter are happening. Yet too often, these horrible things are so awful that no one wants to look because contemplating them is unsettling.

Last edited:
I feel as though morally this is incredibly wrong.
Intentionally disrespecting one's faith in life is abhorrable
and there are never any good reasonings to support
such a blatant act of audacity and offense.

It boils down to the simple fact that as a species we cannot coexist.
If that is not a problem, I don't know what is.

I'm tired of the Media making what would usually be a small-town fuss into an international incident.

I agree. I think it not happening, though, is a bygone era.

It's utterly childish than any man (of faith or not) would think this was a appropriate course of action. The political implications of this situation should be enough that any man that even remotely cares about american lives would refrain from acting like a complete idiot. But. Life's not that logical.

It's not a act of violence, I do find it odd that it seems okay though to some. And also I find it odd that this situation isn't being paid more attention. Take abortion for example, just a simple notion brought about the bible (specifically talking america and christianity) and we've received bombing and the such as retaliation /people showing their faiths. Some people do honestly draw their moral values from religion and burning the book that it comes from seems to be the ultimate insult.

I'm not sure if this is in response to an earlier post I wrote. If it is, I didn't mean to suggest burning the Qu'ran was an act of violence. My mention of violence was in regard to what I had quoted, at least that was my intended meaning. Sorry if it was less than clear.

I agree. I think it not happening, though, is a bygone era.

I'm not sure if this is in response to an earlier post I wrote. If it is, I didn't mean to suggest burning the Qu'ran was an act of violence. My mention of violence was in regard to what I had quoted, at least that was my intended meaning. Sorry if it was less than clear.

Oh sorry, I should have been more clear. I was stating that it is not a act of violence but, with that being said, I don't think that means that the action has less merit or emotional impact because of that.

That's okay, it makes sense. I think someone else may have mentioned it so I thought maybe I hadn't been clear in what I said, that's why I brought it up.

that's not true

love, compassion and caring are actions, not ideas or concepts. No one acts and nothing is done, how can someone claim to care and yet do nothing.

The thing is, you can be compassionate and understanding about *all* things. I care just as much for the Christians being martyred and tortured as I do about the wrongly imprisoned in Africa or Asia due to oppressive regimes. I'm also keenly aware that the Qu'ran is "just a book" but I see beyond that implication - it's not treated as "just a book" in other nations, and retaliation will come if the burnings occur.

I would ponder this: Is it more important in this case to have freedom of speech/religion, or is it more important to (potentially) save lives? It's a simple act that doesn't *have* to happen. He wants to burn the Qu'ran in an angry protest to what happened 9-11 (in much the same way people in New York are angrily protesting the mosque building). But in this case, I can respect the New Yorkers more than this guy. His anger is going to cause a lot of folks pain, and there are better ways/far more productive ways to protest.

It's a book. When people get all butt hurt over someone protesting their religion, it's my belief that they need to rethink their anger.

This guy is an idiot, but so is everyone who gets pissed off and "retaliates" to the burnings. A drawing of Muhammad sets off violence, and it's ridiculous. I don't think idiots should be urged to stop doing stupid things when it will initiate violence in idiots
who get so emotionally invested in a picture (or in this case a book) and get so angry.
My question is why aren't the radical Christians worried about funding the "terrorists" by buying Qurans. (it's a joke!)

Idiots killed a few thousand people back in 2001 if you recall, idiots have also started just about every war known to man. Get enough "idiots" angry and suddenly we'll all be needing SPF 110,000 sunblock if you catch my meaning.

This morning on the news I saw a reporter ask him what would prevent him from doing this.
He said that only if God tells him not to will he change his mind.
I was waiting for the lightning bolt to strike him down.

I wonder what his parishioners think of this?

will he sing "Dixie" at the bonfire?

The Preacher, (who runs a online furniture store out of his tax exempt church building) is an American. As such he has a constitutional right to burn whatever he likes as long as he does not endanger anyone with the fire or the smoke.

He is a hate monger, whether he embraces that idea or not.

Americans must embrace its Muslim citizenry and respect their rights. We, as a nation, have haltingly embraced the legal idea that enticing hatred against individuals or groups of people is detrimental to our national welfare.

Those who would withhold condemnation of a deliberately hateful act directed at their fellow citizens, give me pause.

`

We are going to name a book more sacred than the air we breathe? More than the forest and the trees. More than the animals. More than the entire world we live in? We are going to get upset over a book with words on the page? I would think that God would be more concerned with what we have done to his planet. Look at all the things man can create. And a book with pages is a sacred thing? If you do not have food and water your dead. All of this foolishness not just by Christians or Muslims but everyone! In some way today you are going to screw someone over you may not know it but it's going to happen. And your going to get screwed over today too. We are all leaving this world some day. Every single one of us is dead. Maybe we should be all be a little more focused on that fact. Instead of finding ways to kill one another prematurely.

This world is a dangerous enough place without us trying to harm one another. We act like nothing more than grown children. Are we even adults? Do we really want peace with one another? Look at how we use excuses to keep ourselves apart. This world sucks because of us, and if I was God looking down on us I would destroy us all. We deserve so much worse...

Burn any damn book you want too. How about doing something worth while like saving the damn planet. I am so sick of humans...​

Reactions: bamf
I could honestly say that to me its just a book, and whoever feels ''hurt'' needs to rethink why they feel hurt. Ultimately, this is wrong and can be considered incredibly childish from the preacher, not to mention it makes ALL Christians look like savages. Remember, we need to consider what's going on from the perspective of a radical Muslim who might be listening to this news from a terrorist group lets say Al Quaeda. To us, it is ridiculous to get upset over this but to them its worst then lets say killing their entire family. Why? because that's the way their radical culture has been built and no that's not the case for most Muslims or Christians. We need to learn to deal with this sort of culture otherwise we may never find agreements. Remember over there they don't see it as remorse for what happened in 9/11, they see it as attack on their ''holy'' religion. Do we seriously want to create more conflicts?and not I don't think it is hyperbole to say that they will take action against Christians for doing this, after all if they are still willing to stone a women for adultery what makes you think they will not persecute even more Christians for the burning of the book?. In the end what kind of example are we setting? it might be in different proportions but the burning of this book only makes us more insensitive and intolerant.

He has as much right to burn the Quran as I have to burn an American flag. The real problem behind all this is the media.

If the freedom of speech includes burning books (bibles and qurans), flags, crosses, then so be it.

That said, I think what's despicable is the way that wing nut is going about it.

Idiot pastor dude, go ahead and burn the quran, that's your right. But broadcast your intent to the entire world to try and garner attention to yourself and you're no better than a little 4-year old trying to get attention by throwing a tantrum or a high school student who gets into fights because they have daddy issues. Grow the eff up and use your freedoms responsibly.

The real problem behind all this is the media.
Yeah. Does anyone remember the Hindu extremists burning Qurans a couple years ago when the world was protesting the Quran in the toilet? Probably not...

Sometimes I feel as if someone out there thinks they should control our diet or daily intake of words. Interesting comments.

Why give this international media time anyway? Why not talk to us about something positive? Not newsworthy?

I want people to show their true colors and some step up to the plate with none; actually don't like to see ours, I guess. I will just shake my head for now...

lmao now this kook is saying he wont go through with it if they move the muslim center away from the twin towers site.

So basically, he is using scare tactics to try and hold the nation hostage lol. What a horrible person.