Preacher man burning Qurans & deathsquadmania | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

Preacher man burning Qurans & deathsquadmania

something I found interesting in this thread, two topics were a part of the OP, one was the burning of a Quran and the other was U.S. soldiers killing innocent civilians. Why is it the former got all the attention?

It's legal in our country and we will do what we want. Too bad if they are being oppressed for burning bibles.

Calling this off is a suppression of the American people's rights.

something I found interesting in this thread, two topics were a part of the OP, one was the burning of a Quran and the other was U.S. soldiers killing innocent civilians. Why is it the former got all the attention?

Most Americans tend to focus on the issues affecting their country, which is part of the reason many associate all Islam with destruction when in reality America's own actions can be questioned, of course just like they can be eccentric by focusing solidly on what bothers them, we are too.

This is also why you see one American get executed, there's a whole dilemma. You see hundreds of kids being killed in a bombing, it gets less attention. Its only later that we realize the anti-humanitarian actions caused, the Vietnam war is the perfect example.

Reactions: bagelriffic
Persecuting other religions in radical Muslim countries is also commonly seen. I'm not talking US scale, which is what a lot of Americans focus on. I am talking global conflicts, and persecution of others in other countries for a very unnecessary reason. Yes we can do what we want in this country, does it mean we are going to be stupid and let others suffer?

I don't remember if I gave a quick history of book burning or not but I will now, because this issue has begun to irritate me.

The history of book burning has only been controversial when the book burning was forced, or involved the mass destruction of culture which could never be replicated. In past history book burning has been used as means of destruction of different cultures history to suppress them and make the conform with the masses; usually by the government. Many corrupt governments have used book burnings as a tactic of mind control to make sure people didn't read things they didn't want them to know. In these cases, book burning should NOT be allowed and is considered a major issue. If the U.S. government decided to just start burning all of the qu'rans in the country then, I might be concerned.

However.

Look at it this way. This is not a government burning books therefore they can't cause cultural destruction on the same degree. These are a group of people who went out and I assume bought themselves copies of the Qu'ran to burn them. They didn't steal them, or force the masses to give up their books like a corrupt government might, they went out and bought a copy each for themselves so they could burn it. As you can see, this is feeding into the moneypool that this particular publishing company has to produce more Qu'rans. On an even further note, the Qu'ran is so mass produced that it would be impossible for this one tiny group to confiscate and destroy all of the copies of the Qu'ran.

This book burning is an exercise of the freedom to burn books, which is perfectly legal and harmless. We are not destroying the masses culture with huge book-burnings which confiscate books, so I see this book burning any and other similar ones as entirely harmless and legal. There is no reason to fret over it.

Carry on my Wayward Son? (and *Kerry)

Seriously though...it comes down to freedom of speech vs responsibility for ones actions. You can be free to do something, but it doesn't mean it's the best or wisest course of action. Heck, I could ski off of a double-diamond snowbank, but it wouldn't be the wisest course of action for me.

Why? I can't bloody ski! :m194:

Reactions: acd and bamf
I feel it important, the taking responsibility for one's own actions. That reminded me of something maybe a hint off subject. One can learn more about oneself by the actions and decisions one makes when nobody else is around or knows about it. Thus, in my opinion, true responsibility should begin with oneself and at all times.

If only people were half as upset over Churches being destroyed, Christians being beaten for no other reason then being Christians and honor killings of converts. Maybe then I would care about a preacher burning a book
^^^this

I think it is stupid for someone (anyone) to burn someones holy book. But....I didn't hear anyone getting upset when the military burned Bibles. One sided BS.