Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Non INFJ - Moderate

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Non INFJ - Libertarian

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Non INFJ - Other

Votes: 4 4.3%

• Total voters
[FONT=trebuchet ms,arial,helvetica]Divorce rates among conservative Christians were significantly higher than for other faith groups, and much higher than Atheists and Agnostics experience. [/FONT]
To be fair, religious affiliation is not synonymous with political ideology. When people say "conservative Christian," they are referring more to the fundamentalism of the religion than to political conservatism (although the two usually go together).

So, in theory, the atheists and agnostics could have all been rabid teabaggers, hence the low divorce rate. :D

To be fair, religious affiliation is not synonymous with political ideology. When people say "conservative Christian," they are referring more to the fundamentalism of the religion than to political conservatism (although the two usually go together).

So, in theory, the atheists and agnostics could have all been rabid teabaggers, hence the low divorce rate. :D

True.

For that matter, I think the discussion of social conservatism merits its own thread.

I bet Satya is a rabid teabagger...

Reactions: bamf and invisible
True.

For that matter, I think the discussion of social conservatism merits its own thread.
Breaking from where? We started with social liberalism, then moved to conservatism with your linked study.

Personally, I don't appreciate the oppressive "security" of social conservatism, nor do I see destructiveness, anger, vengefulness and unstable homes as hallmarks of social liberalism. Where, exactly, did you get such impressions?

@TheLastMohican: when did anyone ever get angry at someone for being a liberal? Never. However, since I have 'switched allegiances' not so long ago towards social conservativism I can assure you that social liberals are very energetic in their frequent attacks.

I'm willing to pretend Fox news does not exist if you guys are.

I didn't mention before, but I'm the other voter for 'Non-INFJ conservative'

Heh. Just check out Youtube for examples of Fox News. It's a cable news service, and it's far conservative right, for the most part. Glenn Beck and Ann Coulter came out of them:

[youtube]l0rTwnIRJFA[/youtube]

That was painful to watch. I was so busy retracting my attention from the all-but-yelling dialogue that I didn't even pay attention to what they were talking about. lol.

I'll have to listen again when I'm not dead-tired.

That was painful to watch. I was so busy retracting my attention from the all-but-yelling dialogue that I didn't even pay attention to what they were talking about. lol.

I'll have to listen again when I'm not dead-tired.
I'd recommend only doing it if you want to be angry, or for a good laugh. I'm not conservative, but a number of my good friends are, and they can't stand Fox News. They could possibly have decent points to make if it wasn't tainted in yelling/verbal assaults. I'd find the station akin to a comedy station, if there weren't people who actually believed that Obama is Woodrow Wilson who was trying to create a dictatorship as all mapped out on a chalk-board.

But that's pretty much how cable news in the USA works. I don't like CNN or MSNBC any more than I like Fox News.

In response to a comment you made earlier, I think there are a number of liberals who hate conservatives, and conservatives who hate liberals. In my experience it really doesn't depend on political ideology, but rather tolerance of the individual.

Last edited:
@TheLastMohican: when did anyone ever get angry at someone for being a liberal? Never. However, since I have 'switched allegiances' not so long ago towards social conservativism I can assure you that social liberals are very energetic in their frequent attacks.
With all due respect, FA, your perspective is limited and skewed. Maybe it's like that in Australia (as it is in much of Europe), but that doesn't mean that the ideologies are inherently hostile or victimized.

You've seen a sample of Fox News. I can tell you that was one of the milder clips I've seen. (Look up Glenn Beck, Sean Hannity or Bill O'Reilly if you want to see much worse.) Now, Fox News just happens to be the number-one cable channel in primetime. (That's a first for a news channel, btw.) It's massively popular, not a fringe group. There is no shortage of angry conservatives in the United States. In "red states" (those majority conservative), "liberal" is often treated as a dirty word or insult, rather like you might use "chauvinist" or "fascist."

People holding a minority opinion (like yourself, presumably) will get more of the flack. But don't take that as an indicator of what the ideologues stand for.

Last edited:
Reactions: Satya
Heh. Just check out Youtube for examples of Fox News. It's a cable news service, and it's far conservative right, for the most part. Glenn Beck and Ann Coulter came out of them:

[youtube]l0rTwnIRJFA[/youtube]

Ah, Fox News. I'm still convinced that this is some sort of joke or over-the-top parody to get people to vote liberal just so they're not associated with this crap. lol.

Thought about it for some time, and I think I don't have one. The thing is, it seems ridiculously limited to align yourself with some political doctrine, even if it's optimally general. Also, in reality, what happens is that people elect representatives of some theoretical doctrine which in the end do.. the same thing as the others. Why does that happen all the time? Is it perhaps because the doctrines themselves are almost meaningless/superficial? Quite likely. So I voted 'other' in the poll. I would prefer, when possible, to just align myself with common sense. Note, though, that I'm not completely apolitical, just not fixed on one such concept.

I always thought of 'moderate' as not using government as a band-aid, and not using it to enforce social mores.

Right wing- Government is an extension of divine manifest destiny

Left Wing - Government is a control system to filter life through a giant fairness machine

Libertarianism - Government is not effective. Use it only as required.

Moderism - test first, apply second, and give the world time to heal ills that don't require doctoring

I'm totally off base, most likely.

I always thought of 'moderate' as not using government as a band-aid, and not using it to enforce social mores.

Right wing- Government is an extension of divine manifest destiny

Left Wing - Government is a control system to filter life through a giant fairness machine

Libertarianism - Government is not effective. Use it only as required.

Moderism - test first, apply second, and give the world time to heal ills that don't require doctoring

I'm totally off base, most likely.
thats actually spot on.

I don't agree with that assessment.