People you can't read | Page 5 | INFJ Forum

People you can't read

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a reference to This is England, where one of the main characters was called 'Milky'. It's one of my favourite films by one of my favourite directors, very powerful. An image of 'real England' that a lot of people recognise.

Violence.
Holy crap, man. That is powerful. That's something I'll have to check out. But that's 'real England'? The image I have of England is much more pleasant because of people like you and our dear friend, James.

Yeah the UK has some very unsavoury areas. I keep warning Jenny about this because she has this idea that England is all countryside villages where everyone has afternoon tea and takes a barge down the canal.

Infact nearly every town and city has their fair share of crime ridden, run down areas. I grew up on one.

Last edited:
This was a spectacular thread derailment.

6f08522b67998f2ebe910c5ba455a7be.gif

It's a reference to This is England, where one of the main characters was called 'Milky'. It's one of my favourite films by one of my favourite directors, very powerful. An image of 'real England' that a lot of people recognise.

Violence.

Oh it's a cup of TEA! I get it, now.

Hey that's stereotyping though! :fuming: I only own two tweed jackets.

And herringbone doesn't count!

Of course there isn’t. They only have them in run down areas to keep people feeling run down and malnourished.

Good point.

Credit unions next to bookies.

I love this thread. Hos and Jamie, be less quotable and awesome, I have work I need to pretend to do.

Side notes:
In the US I've only ever heard of it pronounced "Mic" Donald's, do you you actually pronounce it with a hard A?
I fell down an internet rabbit hole on Monday and found a reference to This is England (The series) I'll have to check out the film! Growing up working class in America appears to be similar.

I love this thread. Hos and Jamie, be less quotable and awesome, I have work I need to pretend to do.

Side notes:
In the US I've only ever heard of it pronounced "Mic" Donald's, do you you actually pronounce it with a hard A?
I fell down an internet rabbit hole on Monday and found a reference to This is England (The series) I'll have to check out the film! Growing up working class in America appears to be similar.

Yes where I’m from we just call it ‘mackies’

Status
Not open for further replies.