People you can't read | Page 8 | INFJ Forum

People you can't read

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL Hos :tearsofjoy: You and Fid should start a word invention club. :tearsofjoy:

Wouldn't it be Dysanthropolexia? :sweatsmile:

Edit: Sorry, that sounds amateurish. I meant of course neologism association.

Last edited:
I was a little buzzed last Saturday and went up to talk to the person in question. I can't remember the full conversation but he told me a long story about how one time he almost lost control but he didn't I think because I accused him of possibly being a serial killer because he has had a head injury which I don't really know why he told me that either. But basically it sounded like he was an empath and we bonded over that.

I told him how I want to say hi to him but he gives off a weird energy like are you angry

He said he just gets inside his head and if I said hi he'd make sure to acknowledge me in some way.

So I dunno maybe we are becoming friends?

On that night I had to go to the back of the coffee shop because I was really fucking upset and crying at all the sad and songs and I didn't want to be a distraction. When he was on stage at the end wrapping things up he cracked some jokes I was laughing and he again had a stage conversation with me asking why I was laughing then he goes

" Confidently nervous. That's what she says I am. You're laughing because my stage persona is just goofy" or some shit like that.

He also mentioned he is socially awkward so in this particular case guys,

I think we were dealing with the he's trying to read other people so he's unreadable situation. And the reason he was weird about talking to me is because he has some form of social anxiety apparently

I was a little buzzed last Saturday and went up to talk to the person in question. I can't remember the full conversation but he told me a long story about how one time he almost lost control but he didn't I think because I accused him of possibly being a serial killer because he has had a head injury which I don't really know why he told me that either. But basically it sounded like he was an empath and we bonded over that.

I told him how I want to say hi to him but he gives off a weird energy like are you angry

He said he just gets inside his head and if I said hi he'd make sure to acknowledge me in some way.

On that night I had to go to the back of the coffee shop because I was really fucking upset and crying at all the sad and songs and I didn't want to be a distraction. When he was on stage at the end wrapping things up he cracked some jokes I was laughing and he again had a stage conversation with me asking why I was laughing then he goes

" Confidently nervous. That's what she says I am. You're laughing because my stage persona is just goofy" or some shit like that.

I think we were dealing with the he's trying to read other people so he's unreadable situation. And the reason he was weird about talking to me is because he has some form of social anxiety apparently

You're pretty turbulent in your way of thinking, lol

Yeah there's nothing wrong with him

He just doesn't really want to get to know me and that's his choice, really. There are other people for me to interact at those places he was just a focal point for a brief moment.

*Shrug* either I read people or I don't talk to them at all so really reading is the better option, if I'm not allowed that then there is no reason to interact with new people at all

I'm never in the moment haha. I live in a perpetual state of headiness and disassociation

Slant, I need a word with you!

Consider that you may need social training wheels to deal with this, I sense friction among leading cognitive functions.

Classically along the lines of Socrates quotes about hysteria and what not, one also have nevrosis/temper, psychose/transe, complexes/ocd.

Jung talked excessively about "complexes", this may be what you are talking about when saying "reading".
However, his complexes and ambitions may not have the same nature as yours.
So a personal connection here may never work and perhaps consider getting past this, perhaps you cannot find a home and anchor for your complex, before he finds one in a friend of you both.

Guys can often like opposites more so then women, or so the common wisdom in types generally are.
For his complex that doesn't involve being a woman and a body as a temple, perhaps his complex requires a goof that notice aspirations.
Can lend confidence to social circumstance and navigate out of whatever mess that may ensue.

So how can you gain confidence and a feeling of control with healthy manipulation that improves things for everyone? :)

I'm extremely well at reading people. Mostly because of my traumatic childhood.

Every so often I encounter someone who I am just completely unable to read and it drives me nuts.

From your own experience, what are the reasons that make these types of people unreadable? There is like a buffer. it's hard to explain.

Y'all know what I mean?

I have trouble reading people I meet online or barely know face-to-face, but keep in touch with only online. Not so much here, because we share a lot of ourselves here, but in general.
I've been surprised a few times by people I vague knew 20+ yrs ago who are on my FB list, for example. I haven't gotten hurt or taken advantage of by this, but it still annoys me.

I'm pretty good at reading people face-to-face, especially if they are trouble.

I'm extremely well at reading people. Mostly because of my traumatic childhood.

Every so often I encounter someone who I am just completely unable to read and it drives me nuts.

From your own experience, what are the reasons that make these types of people unreadable? There is like a buffer. it's hard to explain.

Y'all know what I mean?
These peps are mostly without feeling or have some antisocial tendencies or they just have a great emotional endurence(This is my own point of wiev)

Reactions: slant
Pissed me right off. Back during sixth form and gcse years when I really started realising the depth of my knack for 'reading' people I literally had a mental profile on everyone in my year. Made for any idiotic drama that came up easy to deal with, if a confrontation was needed or they needed help. My aptitude for it is so good people (mostly girls, guys only out of curiosity but they tread lightly knowing I could and had bypassed their personas to recognise deeper things) starting asking me to tell them my profile of them - I guess I was like a walking buzzfeed quiz for them. So I'm confident with my abilities. But there was, and still is to an extent, this one girl who I had helped with depression and loneliness roughly five years ago so Ive got a history but I cannot for the life of me figure her out. We talked quite a lot and it was never artifical or boring crap. I suspected at the time it was to do with how she too was quite good at reading others as well and so it was like two same magnetic forces going at one another.

Then I later found out that she was also a bit two faced, and her energies with a lot of people were all over the place a lot of the time it was hard to pinpoint what was real and what wasn't. It genuinely drove me insane though I spent so much time racking my brains over it

Last edited:
Not everyone wants to be an open book for anyone to read without care let alone for anyone to use or abuse then deposed of plus I find it very intrusive and disrespectful.

Not everyone wants to be an open book for anyone to read without care let alone for anyone to use or abuse then deposed of plus I find it very intrusive and disrespectful.
Interesting.

Reading people is so second nature to me I can't not do it.

I think it's because my goal is to be hospitable towards everyone. So in order to do that I have to understand what makes them comfortable. So I just really pay attention to try to understand so that I can behave accordingly.

It never really occurred to me that this behavior would upset some people, because all I am trying to do is respect another person and their own unique needs. Interesting that someone else views is at the exact opposite of what the intention is.

I've seen him multiple places with multiple groups of people. He is always drawn to the person giving the biggest reactions, and like I said, feeds off of that. The more energy they put out the more he does. It's not specific to the person it's just what he does.
If all of that is true and I have no reason to think otherwise, then the possibility is that he is such an energy vampire none of your energy is ever coming back to be read.

Interesting.

Reading people is so second nature to me I can't not do it.

I think it's because my goal is to be hospitable towards everyone. So in order to do that I have to understand what makes them comfortable. So I just really pay attention to try to understand so that I can behave accordingly.

It never really occurred to me that this behavior would upset some people, because all I am trying to do is respect another person and their own unique needs. Interesting that someone else views is at the exact opposite of what the intention is.

PARTICULARLY on this board where that is part and parcel of the label.

Larry

Reactions: David54

TRUST YOUR GUT!

Status
Not open for further replies.