Parents MBTI? | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

Parents MBTI?

Parents MBTI(Choose two)

• Total voters
Not a problem at all.

He's very analytical and approaches things in a logical way. He's a computer programmer. He's rather distant emotionally at times, but it's pretty easy to see he cares. Growing up, he'd step in and coach my teams because no other parent was doing it but he wanted to let me play. He's always places on time, and likes things in order (except for the house). He was pretty strict growing up, and has a short temper. He's somewhat awkward when it comes to emotions and is pretty traditional.

Hmm yeah. You made realise that if I actually knew my Dad at all, that's how I would probably see him.

Anagulous to this for me as well, except my dad is an ESTJ, and my mom is an INFJ (parents split when I was 4).

My whole dad's side is pretty much all SJ's, and my dad has said to me last month "You are so different from me it's astounding, I don't know how you came from my loins."

You know its funny my mom (ESTJ) made a comment that I looked and acted nothing like her. I looked and acted so much like my father. She just carried me around in her womb and that was it.

She didn't know how much that boiled my blood. Its amazing what STJ's can say and do without thinking.

That just sounds so cruel to me...but I guess for an STJ that's simply stating facts without taking into account how the other person might take it. If you don't mind me asking, Indigo - did that make you feel uncomfortable, or are you "used" to that kind of talk in your family?

I can't answer for indi but to me this still bothers me. I have to discard a great deal of the crap my mom spews. Becasue its mean and hateful like this.

I find it interesting how many people have xSTJ parents

It would be so nice to not have SFJ / STJ parents but I don't think most of us will be that lucky.

Interesting lol. But such a struggle! Concrete and negative and opinionated and demand respect but give none out. ISTJ is worse than ESTJ but bloody hell its all a lot of effort!

Yes , Yes yes that it was gets me most the lack of respect even though they demand so much from others. Add to that the other issues and you wonder how they get along with out people simple never talking to them again.

my mom is prettymuch the poster mom for ISFJs - was a stay at home mom during the day and a waitress by night when I was growing up. Started daycare in our home when I was 13, and now 13 years later she's let my brother's friend live in the house (they're 17, I'm long gone off on my own)

My dad... I think that he's INTP like me. He wanders around singing new lyrics to familiar songs, usually about rabbits eating carrots. He's brilliant with math and science, huge multitasker, and isn't very "friendly" - he's usually pretty quiet, when he does have something to say it's usually in grumpy voice. He's very talkative when he's drunk >_> Oh, and when we are playing trivia or problem solving games at family events, he and I aren't allowed to be on the same team because we have an unfair advantage :D

My Dad is the living epitome of everything that it is to be ENTJ. I heard that he tested ESTJ, but there is no way he's an S. His Ne shows ALL the time. It's how he thinks, moves, and has his being. I'd maybe be able to question whether his Ti or Fi are his secondary, but I've no legitimate doubt that he's an ENTJ. He and I get along great now, we've had our ups and downs, but much of it is the comparatively less than normal time we've had together. He served in the military until the end of my high school days, so he was gone a lot. Being that, he didn't really play an influence on my character in great leaps and bounds until later in my life.

My mother is likely an ESFJ. She's a little harder to type because she's not as straightforward about what she's thinking as my Dad. I've no doubt that shes a ESxJ. There's the emotional quality that is present in her behavior that makes me think F. She's familiar and in control of her own emotions. I'll admit that her Se has always frustrated me. If, when my Ni is going off, talk about strange things I see. She writes me off as being a wild idealist if I don't explain the details of it (unlike my dad who writes of everything that isn't sensible if it hasn't first beeen made void of emotional content). For example, she likes to work on jigsaw puzzles, and she has such an amazing eye for the smallest details, but if I manage to get a few pieces by doing what I do with jigsaw puzzles (take a look at the features that the pieces must have to fit and just systematically go through all the possible fits) and tell her she'll call it luck. However, if I point out that I saw some detail (i.e. the characteristics of it needing to fit) she'll call it brilliant. In the end, it's the same, but she just has to have it the way she sees it.

Although, I'll note, that both my parents are Es. Which has lead to a ton of confusion, especially as I grew up. They take the way I present myself at all times as the way I really am. Often they've been surprised by the depth of emotion and thoughts I have when I do share them because they see the defensive mask that presents the quiet, relaxed person that doesn't like to needlessly be bothered. Fortunately, we've all coped with it now and they do understand that I'll share what's on my mind in my time according to when it's appropriate, not simply because it's on my mind.

Reactions: Blind Bandit
Mom-ISTJ (Very sure)
Dad-ESTJ (Reasonably sure)

Mom - <My name>, sometimes I worry about you, you're so different from me. *sigh*, where did I go wrong as a parent?

Reactions: Blind Bandit
Mother - ENFJ
Father - INTP

I find It easier to connect with my father than my mother.

Last edited:
Mom: ENFJ
Dad: ISFJ

Mother: ISTP
Father: Unknown (Guess: ESFJ)

I thought my mother was an INFJ at first, turns out she isn't.

Either way, I get along with my mom very well.

Mother: ENFP
Father: ISTP

My mother and I have never had a healthy relationship. At this point in time we do not speak. She is a very manipulative person who has absolutely no grasp of reality. My father and get along rather well. He is a very simple person and we have little to nothing in common, but we have interesting conversations about cars (He is a mechanic). I end up having to point him in the right direction a lot of the time and do some things for him. It's almost as if I am the parent, but he is growing up and since I have moved away seems to be doing well on his own. I am so proud! Haha. Anyway, I don't really relate well to either of them or my younger sister (ISTJ), but I can make a relationship with my father work. I can not do that with my mother. It's impossible. I have tried for 21 years and have finally given up.

My dad seems to be an ESTJ,
My mom seems to be an ENFP/J.
Sister an E/IST/FJ,
Brother an ISTP.

Ok do over.

Dad: INFP
Older sis: INTP
Younger sis: ENFP
Me: INFP
Step dad: ESFP
Step brother: ISFJ

I have them all trained to do my bidding they just don't know it.

:m114:

To the best of my knowledge:

Dad: ISTJ
Mom: ISFJ
Older sister: E/INFP

Ok do over.

Dad: INFP
Older sis: INTP
Younger sis: ENFP
Me: INFP
Step dad: ESFP
Step brother: ISFJ

I have them all trained to do my bidding they just don't know it.

:m114:

Wait, you're an INFP? Thought you were an ENFP, and I agreed upon that.

My world has been turned upside down

Wait, you're an INFP? Thought you were an ENFP, and I agreed upon that.

My world has been turned upside down

I believe myself to be INFP. :m083:

I mean I was struggling to be another personality type for awhile there. But I am no an extrovert. I'd just ignore it when I'd get tired of a social ceremony. For along time I was struggling someone else.

Yeeeah honestly though both personality descriptions sound like me. But the INFP description sounds a bit more like me.

There is that and introversion is my weakest preference, feeling being a distant second.

Solidly intuitive and perceiving though.

Last edited:
Mom ESFJ, Dad ISFJ. I was INTJ for a long time when I was a teen. (Comes in handy now, means I can go head-to-head with my INTJ friend and not be completely destroyed.)

My sis is ESFP. Probably she's the reason why I have so many ESFP friends, even though I find them slightly terrifying.

ESFP mom (stereo-typical Mission Impossible mentality which makes her fun to be with) + INTJ dad (strongly strategic Ni-dominant mastermind that often expresses Ni as paranoia)

Family typing;

Dad - INTP

Mum - ENFJ

Kate (oldest sister) - ENFP (Partner - INTJ)

Tom (oldest brother) - ISTP

Amelia (older sister) - ENFJ (Partner - INTP)

Charlotte (older sister, twin of Izzy) - INTJ

Izzy (older sister, twin of Charlotte) - ENFP (Partner - INTP)

Laura (myself) - ENTP

Eddie (younger brother) - ENFP

Isaac (younger brother) - ISTP

Victoria (younger sister) - INFP

Abigayil (younger sister - deceased)

Elijah (youngest in the family) - ENFP

Last edited:
I was at my parent's house for a little bit yesterday morning, and I was able to convince them to take the test. My dad scored ISTJ the two times he did it (two separate tests), and my mom scored ENFP both times she did it.

I was right about my dad, and wrong about my mom (but she was much harder to read)

Mother, whom I adore: INTP (tested/confirmed)

Father: don't know for certain, but most likely ISTJ

(I'm an only child.)

Last edited: