• Total voters
Most likely:
Mother = ISFP
Father = INFP

infj+intj= enfp
wtf?

infj+intj= enfp
wtf?

haha, sometimes results are a bit surprising. We're all N children yet my parents are two S (although I suspect our Nness has to do with my brother being autistic).

Mum ESFJ
Dad ISFJ

for those with ESTJ parents : what was (is) that like?

Mum = INFJ
Dad = ESTJ
Sister = E S or N FJ

Quite a dominating father, short temper, obsessive over things having to be 'just so', occasionally frictional and him not being truly content unless he is listened to and what he wants, happens. Gets progressivly worse as gets older, feels less adequate and as though his role is diminishing.
In short, not ideal!

Pretty even spread so far, with no ESFPs and more INFJ parents than other types.

don't start making conclusions yet, with these many options, 28 voters is a pittance.

Not to mention some of em aren't INFJ's.

My whole childhood, I felt I was waging war to establish my own identity and world-view. I was constantly told I what I needed to think and do. My parents thought my 'eccentricity' at a young age was cute and kitschy, and so they humored me to myself and others as being an 'artist.'

Yet when it actually came to me expressing myself, I was put down for it. My mom (the ESTJ) would find my notebooks and laugh at the things I wrote when I was younger. Whenever I tried to speak to my dad (ENTJ) about my views, I was never mentally competent enough.

I'm not complaining. I think if they didn't make it so hard on me just to be who I am, I would have been this soft fragile thing. Not so. My entire family is SJ. My aunt literally remarked to me when I discussed my career goals with her a few months ago, "Where did you come from??"

That pretty much sums it up right there.

My whole childhood, I felt I was waging war to establish my own identity and world-view. I was constantly told I what I needed to think and do. My parents thought my 'eccentricity' at a young age was cute and kitschy, and so they humored me to myself and others as being an 'artist.'

Yet when it actually came to me expressing myself, I was put down for it. My mom (the ESTJ) would find my notebooks and laugh at the things I wrote when I was younger. Whenever I tried to speak to my dad (ENTJ) about my views, I was never mentally competent enough.

I'm not complaining. I think if they didn't make it so hard on me just to be who I am, I would have been this soft fragile thing. Not so. My entire family is SJ. My aunt literally remarked to me when I discussed my career goals with her a few months ago, "Where did you come from??"

That pretty much sums it up right there.

Anagulous to this for me as well, except my dad is an ESTJ, and my mom is an INFJ (parents split when I was 4).

My whole dad's side is pretty much all SJ's, and my dad has said to me last month "You are so different from me it's astounding, I don't know how you came from my loins."

Mom ENFJ
Dad ENFP

Older sis INTP
Younger sis ENTP????
:m070:

Anagulous to this for me as well, except my dad is an ESTJ, and my mom is an INFJ (parents split when I was 4).

My whole dad's side is pretty much all SJ's, and my dad has said to me last month "You are so different from me it's astounding, I don't know how you came from my loins."

That just sounds so cruel to me...but I guess for an STJ that's simply stating facts without taking into account how the other person might take it. If you don't mind me asking, Indigo - did that make you feel uncomfortable, or are you "used" to that kind of talk in your family?

That just sounds so cruel to me...but I guess for an STJ that's simply stating facts without taking into account how the other person might take it. If you don't mind me asking, Indigo - did that make you feel uncomfortable, or are you "used" to that kind of talk in your family?

I actually cracked a smile and laughed when my dad said that; he did mean it in a "nice" way. And yeah I am used to my family making remarks like that, the ESFJ's are a little more elouquent but still say stuff along those lines. I have begun to take pride in being different from everyone on my dad's side.

--

I might as well outline my relatives:
Some I have made take the test, most are guesses. I left out cousin's (marked with a "+" under their parent) that I don't know well enough. I also only included relatives to which I am biologically related:

Dad's side:
Grandfather (dead): ISTJ
Grandmother (dead): ISFJ
Dad: ESTJ
Uncle George: ESTJ
+ Georgie: ENTJ
+ Heidi (11yrs, total guess): INTJ
Aunt Joanie: ESFP
Aunt Lowie: ESFP
+ Lauren: ISFP
Aunt Ruthie: ESFJ
+ Rob: ESTP
Aunt Cookie: ESFJ

You can imagine what the dynamics are like at the family christmas gathering. I either an on my own, or stirring things up in some ways (intentional or not).

Mom's Side:
Grandfather: ISTJ
Grandmother: ISFJ
Mom: INFJ
Uncle Glen: ENTP
+ Ava: ESFP
Uncle Scott: ESTP
+ Kiana: ESFP

Last edited:
Mom= ESTP or ESFP (I thinkn though probably ESTP)
Dad= Definite ISFJ
Brother= ESFP

2 artisans and a guardian. It really sucks. I sometimes get into HUGE arguments with my family, especially my mom :m140:

It drives me nuts :m106:

It'll make you dizzy and tired :m097:

But I love them anyway :m085:

I always wondered when I was a little kid why I never got a long with my family, and now I know why.

My father seems very much to be INTJ.

I voted ESFP for my mother, but I think that was a mistake. I can't figure out what my mother is. She is definitely SF, but the rest I don't know.

Mum: ISTJ
Dad: ESTJ
Brother: ESTP
Sister: INTJ

Clearly my sister is the only one that really gets me. She is my twin though so I guess that makes sense. My mum is the most concrete person I know and very negative. If I'm excited by an idea I tend not to tell her now because the negative response is very draining.

I find it interesting how many people have xSTJ parents

I find it interesting how many people have xSTJ parents

Interesting lol. But such a struggle! Concrete and negative and opinionated and demand respect but give none out. ISTJ is worse than ESTJ but bloody hell its all a lot of effort!

Reactions: Blind Bandit
I bet! I'm kind of glad I'm not in that group...talk about a stress bomb

Dude, I'm always fighting with my mother (infp) and my sister (enfp). I don't see my dad (infj) as often but if I did, I'd fight with him too. The thing about my dad though is that he'll go one of two way s in a fight.

1. Back down and ignore comments you made
2. Become explosively mad and make personal attacks in order to belittle the other person. He often coins the phase "you're fucking crazy, a loon, out of your mind" to a person when they aren't doing what he wants them to do.

I think that the older an INFP gets, the easier they are to deal with, meaning they aren't as dogmatic about their bliefs and overly emotional and freaking out over the littlest things. My Grandmotehr is sooo much better then my mother in so many ways, but I've heard that she wasn't like that when she was younger.

On my Mother's side, I'll type everyone that I possibly can:
Mother: INFP
Grandmother (my mother's mom) = INFP
Step-Grandfather (my mother's step-dad)= ISTJ
Aunt Denise= INFP ( I haven't confoirmed this, I dont know her, she's a drunk.)
Uncle Tom= ESTP ( Also don't know him)
Cousin Ryan (oldest child of tom and Denise, of four)= INTP
Cousin Holly (second oldest)= INTJ
Cousin Saralisa (third oldest)= INTP
Cousin Tommy (youngest)= Maybe an INTP
-----

Father's Side

Father: INFJ
Grandmother (my father's mom): ISTJ
Grandfather ( my father's father): INTP
Uncle Brent: ISFJ
Cousin Cyndal: ENFP

My father's side is...kinda odd...I don't really get along with them.