Parents MBTI? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Parents MBTI?

Parents MBTI(Choose two)

• Total voters
It doesn't sound like your immediate family is the most healthy representation of type either, though, from what I'm heard (although I'm not too sure on that, since obviously I don't know them that well).

My parent don't want to test themselves:), but I think that father is ISTP and mother is ISFJ (or maybe INFJ, for I, J and F I am sure, but it's likely S tha N)

I could tell you a few things about my family. All alcoholics- my parents are in recovery, and so is my Uncle Brent, but my Aunt hasn't been and terrible things have happened to her children. Of course, they live in a different state so I haven't been getting to know them until recently when I retrieved their emails and stuff. There is also a lot of bi polar that runs in m mother's side of the family and depression my fathers side. Two of my great great aunts (mother sides) had bi polar and one killed her husband and was sent to the loony bin, and the other killed herself. A lot of physical and sexual abuse went on to both sides of the fam.

Last edited:
Oh, that's harsh...I think at that point it doesn't much matter about the type, they're going to be hard to get along with and screwed up either way...

I'm just glad that none of them are in the mob or have old gang ties that haunt them. It would totally ruin my mood to have the house raided when I'm relaxing in my room.

Yeah...but it'd still be kind of awesome. In that Kill Bill sort of way

I didn't think it was awesome when my aunt threatened to light my at-the-time 8 year old sister's hair on fire.

No, that wouldn't be awesome. That'd be traumatizing.

Anyone else have any pleasant family memories to share?

mom: ENFP
dad: ENTJ

I often wondered if thier E'ness is what drove me inward as a boy.

Dad is INFJ, and my mom is a rather poorly-developed ENTJ. "Field Marshall" seems to be a pretty accurate description.

My mom is a pain to live with but I love both of my parents, flaws and all.

My father is a poster boy for ESTP.
My mother is either an INFP or an ENFP.

My brother is either an ISTP or some mild sort of TJ. Can't pin him down. I might be the only "J" in my immediate family.

Only my sister has taken the test and she got ESFJ. I think my mom might be ESFJ as well, and my dad could be an SJ of some sort.

Mum: ISFJ
Dad: ISTJ

Pretty sure, maybe my Mum is ISFP

Hmph. I almost revived this thread about 2 hours ago.

My dad is a CLASSIC ENTJ. My mother is an ISFJ.

They clashed over and over again. My father can be an antagonizer, going on and on about details no one cares about except for himself, causing all the rest of us to withdraw from him (INFJ, INFP, and ISFJ). Before they split, my mother always seemed to be engaged in muted violence of some sort, throwing things at him but we never knew anything was flying through the air until it thumped against the wall or broke something else. I think she missed her target intentionally.

This scared me. When the judge asked us who we wanted to live with, I chose my father. As I grew older, I often wondered if the constant psychological warfare from my father and I's horn-locking more damaging than the physical abuse I may have encountered from my mother.

Mom: ESFJ (not too sure this though)

Mom: ESFJ (not too sure this though)

mf, what's your Dad like? If you don't mind me asking?

I think my Dad is the same type and would like to see if their are similarities.

mf, what's your Dad like? If you don't mind me asking?

I think my Dad is the same type and would like to see if their are similarities.
Not a problem at all.

He's very analytical and approaches things in a logical way. He's a computer programmer. He's rather distant emotionally at times, but it's pretty easy to see he cares. Growing up, he'd step in and coach my teams because no other parent was doing it but he wanted to let me play. He's always places on time, and likes things in order (except for the house). He was pretty strict growing up, and has a short temper. He's somewhat awkward when it comes to emotions and is pretty traditional.