Parents MBTI? | Page 5 | INFJ Forum

Parents MBTI?

Parents MBTI(Choose two)

• Total voters
My Dad is the living epitome of everything that it is to be ENTJ. I heard that he tested ESTJ, but there is no way he's an S. His Ne shows ALL the time.

In theory, ESTJ's use Ne and ENTJ's use Ni (but maybe you meant to type Ni).

Mum: ISFJ
Dad: INTP (my mum just walks all over him >>)
Sister1: ESFJ
Sister2: ENFJ
Brother: IXXP not sure about him, he's pretty quiet except for when he's pissing me off for his own entertainment

Mom: ENFJ
Dad: ISFJ

interesting thread :) I'm only guessing here, because my parents have never taken personality tests, but i'm pretty sure my mother is an ESFJ and my father ENTJ. classic parent models, you could say. father's very much the take-control, do what I say boss, my mother's into shopping and buying stuff and cooking and making sure i'm well fed and all that other motherly stuff. love them both, but I don't relate very well to either of them.

I think, my dad must be entp and my mum is intj, i guess so...

My mother is definitely an ESFJ. The description couldn't fit her more perfectly. I am not sure about my father; he is exceptionally difficult to read because he was guarded even at home. My best guess is that he is an INTJ.

My mom told me once that when she was a kid all she ever dreamed about was having babies. Like, that was her only goal in life. My dad is really weird about physical contact and is super private. He was also really, really, really strict.

So you can only imagine what they're like together.

They were married for 25 years before they got divorced.

Father is an INTJ beyond that I couldn't say for certain

Last edited:
Reactions: NaeturVindur
Mum: infj
Dad:istj (this is based on my observations, but we don't really get along that well so it sounds reasonable enough)

My parents are in their fifties now, so I would expect them to be more balanced than anything but my mom seems to be an XSFJ (My mom is most likely an I, but it's hard to tel if she gets her charge from people are not. She spends a lot of time with her family and such, but that's different than most people) and my dad to be an IXTJ (Again, can't tell. My dad gives me advice about how to think, not what exactly I should do. But they are some subjects where he will blatantly tell me that he won't change his opinion and wants me to do something a certain way. That can be life experience or him following societal values. I would lean more N though)

So, my best guess would be ISFJ and INTJ atm.

My mom is an ISFJ. My dad is an ISTP. my stepdad was an ESTP.

Mum - INTP - I love her to death.
Dad - xSFJ

Last edited:
ISTJ mom and ESFJ dad. How in hell I ended up an INTP I have no idea.

Reactions: Blind Bandit
My Dad's a definite ESFJ, but my mum I'm not as sure about. Based on observations, I'd say she was ENTP.

My mom is came up as an ENFP on a MBTI test through facebook. I think her NFP is pretty obvious even without a test. She can normally intuitively guess things better than anyone I know (e.g., she is rarely more than 20 seconds off at guessing how long it will take to drive home from wherever we are on the road), but cannot give an coherent rationale for very much. She claims she was extremely introverted as a child and still prefers to think of herself as slightly introverted, but I tend to think she was an extrovert as early as I remember and has become far more extroverted in just the past few years.

My father tested as an INTJ. He wouldn't actually take the test himself, but answered most of the questions when I asked them to him. On a few mom answered for him first. he viewed himself as more judging than she did, perhaps thinking more of his work self. I think she pushed him to respond as more intuitive than he should have been, not that it would necessarily have changed the overall type.

While I am only one letter off from my dad, we share none of the top 4 processes.

I suspect my sister was INFJ as a child, but she hasn't really fit any type since she began treatment for OCD and bipolar. She tested ISFJ, but the last 2 preferences are quite weak and I think ISTP fits a little better. She is certainly not intuitive anymore.