PARANORMAL POLL | Page 5 | INFJ Forum

PARANORMAL POLL

Have you had an unexplained paranormal experience?

• I have had an experience I cannot explain.

Votes: 22 68.8%
  • I have had an experience, but I think it was nothing special.

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • I have had a violent or frightening experience.

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Witnesses were present.

Votes: 12 37.5%
  • Don’t believe in that crap.

Votes: 9 28.1%

• Total voters
I understand what you are saying.
I just cannot dismiss my own experiences as “hallucinations” or some sort when physical items were violently manipulated and witnesses were present.
No preconceived notion of what the “hallucination” should be was present.
I’ve looked to mainstream materialist science and it lacks the elements necessary to reproduce what took place.
I am always rooted to the ground in many ways….you forget that it was my job to physically manipulate people’s organs…and yet, when someone would die…and call me crazy but other Nurses will back me up. Something vanishes….sometimes you can tell they are already gone when they come in, only the machines keep them alive…but their “soul” is gone…and somehow I (and many others) can see that difference.
I cried when my Dad finally stopped breathing and his heart finally quit fighting, but I believe he left a week before that.
Guess it’s too subjective….maybe you’ll see it one day?
The day I see something I cant explain and that I seriously question my life will change. I cant say exactly how but I do have a few ideas.
Its odd being in tune with the physical world but having an open mind and being as informed as I am about what everyone used to think of as physical. Solid is not really solid etc. Intelligent people know enough to know they cant say with any assurance what this life really is. I habe a whole host of fears now that are kind if funny in some ways but not really. Like for one, what if I am just part of se psychopathic kids video game who gets off on torture. Its not far fetched. I played pocket god for a while which is all about the best way to kill off island inhabitants. But its not that we might be being tortured. Its that if there is something after death we as video game flotsam will never get to see it. :)
No if you believe with no doubt what you experienced was not your mind playing tricks on you...if it could not have simply been the building settling, if something didnt fall over and hit an jnseen support in the wall etc... then yeah maybe. But were you inclined to believe in the paranormal first and is that the first conclusion you came to or did you never believe and it was with hesitancy you decided its the only thing that can explain it. Etc...

The day I see something I cant explain and that I seriously question my life will change. I cant say exactly how but I do have a few ideas.
Its odd being in tune with the physical world but having an open mind and being as informed as I am about what everyone used to think of as physical. Solid is not really solid etc. Intelligent people know enough to know they cant say with any assurance what this life really is. I habe a whole host of fears now that are kind if funny in some ways but not really. Like for one, what if I am just part of se psychopathic kids video game who gets off on torture. Its not far fetched. I played pocket god for a while which is all about the best way to kill off island inhabitants. But its not that we might be being tortured. Its that if there is something after death we as video game flotsam will never get to see it. :)
No if you believe with no doubt what you experienced was not your mind playing tricks on you...if it could not have simply been the building settling, if something didnt fall over and hit an jnseen support in the wall etc... then yeah maybe. But were you inclined to believe in the paranormal first and is that the first conclusion you came to or did you never believe and it was with hesitancy you decided its the only thing that can explain it. Etc...
I can assure you that paranormal was not my first step in the process of trying to figure out exactly what took place….what other causes could there be in a rational world where what you see is what you get and there is no invisible spectrum of infra-red, because we can’t see it, so it doesn’t exist.
This is what I am getting at.
Not that what happened to me was absolutely 100% paranormal…but it was some fucked up shit that isn’t supposed to happen according to our HS science and physics textbooks. Dude, I even called the nearest USGS station to see if there was an earthquake even small…nope.
Was it a ghost…still no, it could be PSI phenomena…no matter what the textbooks have told you this is quite well documented buy our government, the Russian government, and the Chinese government for all their word is worth…lol.
Okay…you start looking into PSI…you come to see that what you see it what you get because you created that in your mind….we live in the VR of the very minds we inhabit. So some photons bounce off some shit and come flying at your eye at different wavelengths…these hit the millions of receptors in the back of your eye…which comes in upsides down btw…these receptors of the photons…these registers of wavelength…send a signal to the back of your head…where a bunch of neurons fire back and forth and certain chemicals are released which in turn fires other receptors….but this, this is electrical activity…what? How can two hemispheres act in unison without sending a signal through the junction box? How come they can measure a pre-cognitive response in an fMRI machine…it’s small but it’s there…so that suggest that time maybe only some construct of our minds as we move through what we think is 3 dimensional space…it how consciousness erupts…we have mass, we have the eruption of consciousness so many times every millisecond that this give life to self-actualization…but why would a bunch of seemingly random matter give rise to self-actualization?
Then you start to see that it isn’t as random as we once thought it was…you start to see the beautiful patterns and webs-accordingly.
We are the experience of us.

Ok. How about a raccoon falling out of a tree onto your roof? Blue ice from and air plane... falling then melting. Or, people you may have spoken to about paranormal things messing with you one night?

Ok. How about a raccoon falling out of a tree onto your roof? Blue ice from and air plane... falling then melting. Or, people you may have spoken to about paranormal things messing with you one night?
It was exactly like this….but not as cool…..and Nicholas Cage was not there.

ghostriderflamegif.gif

It was exactly like this….but not as cool…..and Nicholas Cage was not there.

ghostriderflamegif.gif
Ok you have many posts all over the forum and I cant remember everything I have read.

How about a list of the unexplained events in your life that you feel were real (not dreams or hallucinations etc). Then maybe approximate time frames, how many times the event occured and when if ever it stopped?
You must have something like this already right? You dont have to do this, it will just help me get a better picture of what you are talking about.
While I cant say I believe the only explanation for what you have experienced is paranormal I can say that I believe you believe there are no real world explanations for them as of yet.

Ok you have many posts all over the forum and I cant remember everything I have read.

How about a list of the unexplained events in your life that you feel were real (not dreams or hallucinations etc). Then maybe approximate time frames, how many times the event occured and when if ever it stopped?
You must have something like this already right? You dont have to do this, it will just help me get a better picture of what you are talking about.
While I cant say I believe the only explanation for what you have experienced is paranormal I can say that I believe you believe there are no real world explanations for them as of yet.

Of course they are all subjective…I will post one here now, then throughout the day as it would be a long post to include them all.
Should I start from the beginning or should I start with the most dramatic events?

[MENTION=8603]Eventhorizon[/MENTION]

From the beginning or from the most dramatic of actions?

Since I've been a kid, anytime someone has told me they've seen a ghost etc, basically I tell myself not to trust them with anything serious anymore as much as I can help it.

Regardless of how I act towards you, I will think that about you.

At the same time, sometimes I'm still scared of sleeping in the dark alone lol.

Since I've been a kid, anytime someone has told me they've seen a ghost etc, basically I tell myself not to trust them with anything serious anymore as much as I can help it.

Regardless of how I act towards you, I will think that about you.

At the same time, sometimes I'm still scared of sleeping in the dark alone lol.
Haha…
It really is a subjective experience…there is little if any physical proof to back up claims of ghosts…and yet people see them.
I have.
But, it’s subjective…I had no reason to have a video going or whatnot.
It kind of one of those you believe it when you see it, but when you see it you go “Oh shit, it is real."

Haha…
It really is a subjective experience…there is little if any physical proof to back up claims of ghosts…and yet people see them.
I have.
But, it’s subjective…I had no reason to have a video going or whatnot.
It kind of one of those you believe it when you see it, but when you see it you go “Oh shit, it is real."

im gonna update my avatar to include a spirally hole in my head next time

love that manga author btw lol

Of course they are all subjective…I will post one here now, then throughout the day as it would be a long post to include them all.
Should I start from the beginning or should I start with the most dramatic events?
Whatever you want. For myself it would be easier to follow with most dramatic starting at the beginning. If the list is that long, maybe no more than 10 of the most dramatic?

Reactions: Skarekrow
Okay…the two stories that really have no explanation that I could find.

Like I have said before…subjective…although, the one with the hangers being hit was witnessed by my girlfriend (who subsequently freaked out and refused to sleep in the room) at the time.

@Eventhorizon

So I was maybe 23…we were housesitting for her parents…and in her old bedroom was one of those rolling hanger racks…it was up against the closet which had mirrored doors on it.
We had both just gotten into bed and turned out the lights when I few minutes later, there was a crash.
I was in the bed closest to what happened and to the door and light.
Let me just say that the window was closed, no fans, no pets, the door was closed and the AC was off.
I thought, she had for some reason, thrown her pillow at this rack in the dark…as I flipped on the light…some hangers fell, but most were just swinging and hitting the closet door as they swung.
I looked for rats….I tried rigging the hangers to hit each other…no go…there was nothing there…but that is how hard it was…as if she threw her pillow at it HARD.
This is the one I called the USGS station about because there just was no explanation …..she couldn’t have gotten out of bed, hit it and gotten back in without me knowing.

@Eventhorizon

The next most violent one has no witness, so I guess you could just say it was a hallucination except for flying objects.

This was just about 3 years ago…I had a dream that an old hag type witch had come into my apartment where I lived at the time.
As she walked toward me down the hallway, I remember telling her “Get the fuck out! You cannot come in here!”
At which point I sat up screaming “Get the fuck out!!!!” in my sleep which woke me up in time to see the very stable…mantle clock…positioned at the very back of the dresser with folded clothes in front of it…come flying toward me in the dark but you could still see.
I turned on my bedside light and found the clock at the foot of my bed, the backing had come off.
There is no WAY…it could have fallen…just none.

This one is a second-hand story, though I could put my Mom on the phone with you…haha.
When I was maybe 2 and my brother was 3, we shared a room….it was positioned just off the living room and my Parents had just put us to bed when both of them heard was was a deep, very loud, growl, moan come from our bedroom.
It was enough that my Vietnam Vet Dad grabbed his billy-club and told my Mom to get his 9mm from the closet, they were both sure someone was in the house and in our room.
We were too small to make such a noise according to my Mom.
My Dad searched everywhere….the windows were closed, but even so, my Mom swears it could not have been outside (though my Dad checked there too).
Both heard it.

Then there is the remote-control R2D2…*sigh*
I will reiterate that one later…it could have been random radio-waves though I doubt that explanation.

Also…quite a few more minor things, that one could explain away.

@Eventhorizon

So I was maybe 23…we were housesitting for her parents…and in her old bedroom was one of those rolling hanger racks…it was up against the closet which had mirrored doors on it.
We had both just gotten into bed and turned out the lights when I few minutes later, there was a crash.
I was in the bed closest to what happened and to the door and light.
Let me just say that the window was closed, no fans, no pets, the door was closed and the AC was off.
I thought, she had for some reason, thrown her pillow at this rack in the dark…as I flipped on the light…some hangers fell, but most were just swinging and hitting the closet door as they swung.
I looked for rats….I tried rigging the hangers to hit each other…no go…there was nothing there…but that is how hard it was…as if she threw her pillow at it HARD.
This is the one I called the USGS station about because there just was no explanation …..she couldn’t have gotten out of bed, hit it and gotten back in without me knowing.
Wheel got caught or wedged near or under the closet door. When released the energy caused the motion. A large racoon hiding in a corner of the room finally decides to make a break for the door once the lights are out. Or...

@Eventhorizon

The next most violent one has no witness, so I guess you could just say it was a hallucination except for flying objects.

This was just about 3 years ago…I had a dream that an old hag type witch had come into my apartment where I lived at the time.
As she walked toward me down the hallway, I remember telling her “Get the fuck out! You cannot come in here!”
At which point I sat up screaming “Get the fuck out!!!!” in my sleep which woke me up in time to see the very stable…mantle clock…positioned at the very back of the dresser with folded clothes in front of it…come flying toward me in the dark but you could still see.
I turned on my bedside light and found the clock at the foot of my bed, the backing had come off.
There is no WAY…it could have fallen…just none.

Interesting. When is the last time before the clock fell you actually looked at it. You know what I mean. Often things stay in one place so long we simply forget they are there and do not notice when they change. A book on a dresser that moves little by little every time a door closes so that by the time it falls we remember It had been in the center of the dresser because thats the last memory we have of where it was