PARANORMAL POLL | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

PARANORMAL POLL

Have you had an unexplained paranormal experience?

• I have had an experience I cannot explain.

Votes: 22 68.8%
  • I have had an experience, but I think it was nothing special.

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • I have had a violent or frightening experience.

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Witnesses were present.

Votes: 12 37.5%
  • Don’t believe in that crap.

Votes: 9 28.1%

• Total voters
Well, this is a nice topic. :)
Haven't logged in to the forum for some days now.

Wall of rain
One time I prayed to God that he would make the rain start falling more intensively (just as a proof of his existence. I was a child then). And lo and behold, the rain started falling stronger. I repeated this with the prayer that the rain would fall even more intensively, and it did, more and more. Finally I ask for the rain to fall so hard and fast that I would never seen anything like it. And it did. Is was like staring into a wall of water (not kidding). Then I was convinced and said that the rain could stop falling, and so it did as well.

It become a small flood that day down at the supermarket. I do not consider it smart praying for rain, but it did give me an experience I'll never forget. God is alive! And of cource this isn't the only time I've experienced similar events, but it sure is the easiest to retell.

Was it a coincidence? Maybe. It's up to everyone to make up their own mind, but I do find it rather silly sometimes choosing not to believe when you hear the stories of certain persons. But I also find some "believers" being somewhat stupid, believing everything being a miracle. There is a range.

I shit you not that I could control the wind as a child.
I could make it blow from any direction I wanted…blow hard, or soft…I would be by myself at recess in the first grade in the back of the playground amongst the trees…feeling their bark…walking around them.
Then I would raise my arms and make the wind blow!!!
Haven’t tried it as an adult…perhaps the time is nigh?

Reactions: Kgal
I could make it blow from any direction I wanted…blow hard, or soft…I would be by myself at recess in the first grade in the back of the playground amongst the trees…feeling their bark…walking around them.
Eat many beans as a child?
;)

I think that the brain projects a lot when it's dark and you're a little scared. I get that all of the time if I walk outside at night.

It would make me very sad if ghosts existed. What a cruel fate to have to suffer to be a ghost or an energy. Just when you thought it was over.

I think that the brain projects a lot when it's dark and you're a little scared. I get that all of the time if I walk outside at night.

It would make me very sad if ghosts existed. What a cruel fate to have to suffer to be a ghost or an energy. Just when you thought it was over.
I would agree but keep in mind that ghosts can potentially be many different things. I do not believe and will never believe ghosts are sienitiant unless they are interdimensional being's attempting to explore or communicate with our world. So theres that.

As a kid I could not control the wind, but I remember I could see the energy in front of me ... and no that was not pollen.

I would agree but keep in mind that ghosts can potentially be many different things. I do not believe and will never believe ghosts are sienitiant unless they are interdimensional being's attempting to explore or communicate with our world. So theres that.

Actually, it isn’t such a stretch that it could actually be an actual “soul” or ghost of someone who was once here.
You must keep in mind that time may not exist on the same level that it does here.
So perhaps that is why ghosts hardly interact with the living…and if they do, it is brief usually.
Perhaps they are out of time all together…it isn’t such a stretch if you have done any research on the nature of time itself.

[MENTION=2873]Serenity[/MENTION]
It has been suggested that I ask your opinion on this…what do you think?

Wow! You've had some extraordinary experiences! I'm not sure what I'd do if a big blue being with wings and armor wanted to hug me. Hahahahaha.... I hope i get the chance to find out though.

What's a "shuck"?

Black Shuck is a black wolf with glowing red eyes. Some sort of demon dog.

[MENTION=2873]Serenity[/MENTION]
It has been suggested that I ask your opinion on this…what do you think?
Yes, do it. I'm an airbender too :)

As a kid I could not control the wind, but I remember I could see the energy in front of me ... and no that was not pollen.

Sure it wasnt pressure on the eyes? Alergies will do that :)

For nonbelievers let me offer this bit. Its been scientifically proven that earthquakes can cause not only hallucinations but mass hallucinations. Nothing more than the movement of the earths crust can make people experience things they would otherwise not experience. So its entirely possible to see "ghosts" and its scientific fact that people do in fact see things that can be defined as ghosts. So hallucination or not, ghosts are a real phenomenon.

Actually, it isn’t such a stretch that it could actually be an actual “soul” or ghost of someone who was once here.
You must keep in mind that time may not exist on the same level that it does here.
So perhaps that is why ghosts hardly interact with the living…and if they do, it is brief usually.
Perhaps they are out of time all together…it isn’t such a stretch if you have done any research on the nature of time itself.
As you must know I keep an open mind. So is it possible ghosts are dead people trying to communicate? I cant prove a god doesnt exist but that doesn't it does. So the same with dead people. I cant help but think there would be an easier way for dead people to communicate with the living though. But what do I know, Im not dead. Or... at least I think Im not.

For nonbelievers let me offer this bit. Its been scientifically proven that earthquakes can cause not only hallucinations but mass hallucinations. Nothing more than the movement of the earths crust can make people experience things they would otherwise not experience. So its entirely possible to see "ghosts" and its scientific fact that people do in fact see things that can be defined as ghosts. So hallucination or not, ghosts are a real phenomenon.
Are they mass hallucinations? Or are people seeing a reality they normally do not because of strong magnetic fields or other phenomena that occur.
Mass hallucinations are interesting in that a mass of people see the same thing…and it isn’t always broadcasted amongst the viewers to give a preconceived idea of what that hallucination should be.
So what’s going on there? Totally ignored and written off by materialist science.

As you must know I keep an open mind. So is it possible ghosts are dead people trying to communicate? I cant prove a god doesnt exist but that doesn't it does. So the same with dead people. I cant help but think there would be an easier way for dead people to communicate with the living though. But what do I know, Im not dead. Or... at least I think Im not.
Well…if we leave out bodies when we die…which we may not…maybe we blink out IDK.
But if we do, and are non-tangible souls without the means to effect what was just a moment before reality…then it isn’t such a stretch that they couldn’t hear us having no faculties to effect the very few senses our physical bodies have.

[MENTION=5045]Skarekrow[/MENTION] when I was younger and less informed I knew only what my 5 senses told me. Dreams caught my attention early on where most people just accepted them. I have asked questions about everything I encounter in life rarely simply accepting what I am told is supposed to be true. For some reason many people are more apt to accept the world they are told abiut rather than the one they actually experience. However all of us need to be careful of our individual biases.
Keep our feet in the world we know is here each morning we wake up but continue to question if there is anything beyond it.

Sure it wasnt pressure on the eyes? Alergies will do that :)

Honestly, I don't think so (but I wouldn't discount the idea.) It's almost like I'd have to stare off into space so to speak and my focus would be on what was swirling in front of me. If I try hard enough I can see it now, but it's not as easy.

@Skarekrow when I was younger and less informed I knew only what my 5 senses told me. Dreams caught my attention early on where most people just accepted them. I have asked questions about everything I encounter in life rarely simply accepting what I am told is supposed to be true. For some reason many people are more apt to accept the world they are told abiut rather than the one they actually experience. However all of us need to be careful of our individual biases.
Keep our feet in the world we know is here each morning we wake up but continue to question if there is anything beyond it.

I understand what you are saying.
I just cannot dismiss my own experiences as “hallucinations” or some sort when physical items were violently manipulated and witnesses were present.
No preconceived notion of what the “hallucination” should be was present.
I’ve looked to mainstream materialist science and it lacks the elements necessary to reproduce what took place.
I am always rooted to the ground in many ways….you forget that it was my job to physically manipulate people’s organs…and yet, when someone would die…and call me crazy but other Nurses will back me up. Something vanishes….sometimes you can tell they are already gone when they come in, only the machines keep them alive…but their “soul” is gone…and somehow I (and many others) can see that difference.
I cried when my Dad finally stopped breathing and his heart finally quit fighting, but I believe he left a week before that.
Guess it’s too subjective….maybe you’ll see it one day?