PARANORMAL POLL | Page 6 | INFJ Forum

PARANORMAL POLL

Have you had an unexplained paranormal experience?

• I have had an experience I cannot explain.

Votes: 22 68.8%
  • I have had an experience, but I think it was nothing special.

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • I have had a violent or frightening experience.

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Witnesses were present.

Votes: 12 37.5%
  • Don’t believe in that crap.

Votes: 9 28.1%

• Total voters
[MENTION=8603]Eventhorizon[/MENTION]

This one is a second-hand story, though I could put my Mom on the phone with you…haha.
When I was maybe 2 and my brother was 3, we shared a room….it was positioned just off the living room and my Parents had just put us to bed when both of them heard was was a deep, very loud, growl, moan come from our bedroom.
It was enough that my Vietnam Vet Dad grabbed his billy-club and told my Mom to get his 9mm from the closet, they were both sure someone was in the house and in our room.
We were too small to make such a noise according to my Mom.
My Dad searched everywhere….the windows were closed, but even so, my Mom swears it could not have been outside (though my Dad checked there too).
Both heard it.

Second hand. Your mother could have any number of reasons for making a story up. Not that she did, just that how can you know for sure?
My brothers wife said she heard his cat sneeze after the cat had passed away a few days prior while she was in the basement. The cat had been sick for a few years and sneezed quite often. Anyway she was in the basement and swore she heard it. After some searching the found the noise came from an air freshener that would release a sent every so often automatically.

Then there is the remote-control R2D2…*sigh*
I will reiterate that one later…it could have been random radio-waves though I doubt that explanation.
Auditory hallucination. They happen, I get them occasionally. My favorite was waking up one day and at the same time I opened my eyes I heard a sound like someone turned on an old crt TV. It made me think of what a computer might hear when its turned on.

So a question might be, why are you more inclined to lean toward a paranormal explanation over a simple unexplainable explanation? Also, why do you think you have more paranormal experiences than most other people would say they have?

Firstly, there was no raccoon hiding in the room…nor was there a wheel caught.
It pretty obviously only effected the hangers.

As far as the clock goes…it was at the back of the dresser.
It has a good two to two and a half full feet of space on top…it did not migrate to the edge…especially when I actually saw it fly through the room.
I didn’t know what it was until I turned on the light to see that it was the clock.

The R2D2 “incident” which I will now recount for you, was no auditory hallucination….it was witnessed by me, my brother and my parents.
The first time I will give it the benefit of doubt and say, maybe my Brother left it on….I awoke to hear it’s wheels grinding in the styrofoam box as it was directly under the head of my mattress where I slept.
Once I became fully aware of what it was I ran screaming from the room.
Okay…maybe someone was testing out their new garage door opener at 2 am.
Funny thing though…I made my Mom put it on the dresser the next night…we all watched as it was switched “off”.
Oh hey, guess what…it’s like 2 am again and the fucking thing is moving around on the dresser by itself…it’s goddamn little red eye is burned in my mind.
It was OFF.

So it was not a hallucination.

It could all just be PSI phenomena of some sort. It may not be in the paranormal range at all…only misunderstood.
If I could figure out what made these things happen and reproduce them…well, I’d be a rich man now.

I don’t just think they are all “ghosts” or the lost souls of the dead causing havoc with wire hangers.
But I also know that “death-bed” visitations happen with some frequency, are quite well documented, as are remote viewing and precognition.

So…idk…*shrug* I’m open to all possibilities…I just know that conventional reasoning doesn’t seem to work so well with these incidents.
I have many more stories, but they are very subjective in nature, so I will withhold those for now.

Second hand. Your mother could have any number of reasons for making a story up. Not that she did, just that how can you know for sure?
My brothers wife said she heard his cat sneeze after the cat had passed away a few days prior while she was in the basement. The cat had been sick for a few years and sneezed quite often. Anyway she was in the basement and swore she heard it. After some searching the found the noise came from an air freshener that would release a sent every so often automatically.
As far as this goes…um, I trust what my Parents have told me…they are not believers in such things, especially not my Father.
They both heard a loud, vocalized, moan/growl from the bedroom not 10 ft from them.
If my Dad got his gun and billy club it was no mistaken sound.
He didn’t fuck around with that kind of thing.

Ok. So you would seem to be a conduit for strange happenings. This is you as an individual, not all of humanity.
Perhaps it is this realization that you should investigate. Why do these type of things seemingly center on you specifically. [MENTION=5045]Skarekrow[/MENTION]

Ok. So you would seem to be a conduit for strange happenings. This is you as an individual, not all of humanity.
Perhaps it is this realization that you should investigate. Why do these type of things seemingly center on you specifically. @Skarekrow

Like I have said…if I could figure out and harness that PSI energy then I would be a rich man…if that is indeed what has been going on.
Why me? Beats me.

I have done certain things to try and ‘enhance’ any PSI energy that I have and I have had some results.
Mostly with this type of experiment -
[video=youtube_share;YMsonE36JBw]http://youtu.be/YMsonE36JBw[/video]
I have tried this same experiment eliminating any shadows or change in light creating the movement (remember those glass wheels in science class with one side black and one side white, and it would spin in the sun?)
I have had some success…I could try to create a video for you.
We also carry an electro-static charge that could influence something like that….it’s people like this - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nina_Kulagina, who could do some really impressive stuff…I have had mixed results…seems to work well sometimes and sometimes not so well…I don’t know if it is me…I try to keep the conditions consistent.

I never believed in paranormal type things until I lived at my step mom's house. WEIRD things happened that are completely unexplained and believe me... I really did not believe in this stuff. I rolled my eyes at it, laughed, said there was no proof, said that people were all making it up until I lived there. My Mom insisted that the home was haunted. And ofc I laughed at her. But when she left me alone to house sit for a week I never laughed at her about it ever again. It wasn't really scary, but it scared me at the time because it was something I never experienced before.

First when I was alone I heard *something* knocking from in the downstairs storage room. No one was in the home but me and the dog, and the dog was sitting with me. I was too scared to open the door. Now people could say "oh maybe it was a mouse that knocked something or , a rat" no. It sounded like someone knocking at the door as a human would. It only knocked once, I stared at the door silently and ignored it - the sound did not occur again.

Next, I went downstairs one night with the lights on - the moment I stepped in the room they shut off. When I stepped back out from being a bit startled, they turned on again. Could it have been a coincidence... maybe. But that added to the toys randomly making noises at night had me skeptical.

Finally the last thing that happened before I moved that sold me: I invited my friend over. To be honest I was going through anxiety at the time and I wanted her around because I was feeling bad. After calming down while she was over, we shut off the lights to watch a movie. We watched it straight through, talking and laughing. She was beside me the entire time. After the movie I turned on the lights and one of the kitchen chairs was placed in the hallway - it wasn't there before we started the movie. I know it sounds ridiculous but it was blocking the bathroom door. We noticed it right away because she had to use the bathroom and asked me if that was there before. I said no, and we both started freaking out. We ended up not touching the chair and sleeping with all of the lights on. But honestly I didn't sleep until 9am because I was scared lol.

After that I didn't experience much besides the small things, but my mom told me more stories. How toys would be placed in odd areas and such. I believe her.

Reactions: Skarekrow
Im going to give you one more story.
I do a lot of thinking. A huge amount. Many times my body is on auto pilot and I am lost in thought. In this state I can do tasks such as clean the home, cook etc...
There have been times when I enter an almost trance like state. To most people this may sound dangerous but I can only say that its not. I am fully aware of everything going on around me, I only dedicate part of my brain to thought. There have been times where I go so deep my heart beats differently. In some ways..it seems like it almost stops beating. Its as if I am in the process of leaving and my mind stops communicating with my heart telling it that it needs to beat in a certain way. Now I know the heart is fairly autonomous but I also know this happens every time I get "too deep" in thought. When I get there, I snap out of it for obvious reasons. My heart starts beating normally again. But if I dont come back fully, get lost in thought that deeply again, my heart will start beating oddly as if either giving up or trying to jolt me back.
I realize many would say maybe I go into these states BECAUSE of my heart but thats not what is going on.
So paranormal no, unexplained yes. How does this relate? I suppose because I know what I experience and know that something beyond known explanation is happening. I also know that the only person who will ever fully believe me is me.

Also this isnt a good thing I think. No matter what you are doing having your heart stop beating isnt a good thing. Its odd though that it seems to do this because of where my mind is. Just because I am using a lot of processing power on some amount of thought it should not effect how my heart beats.

Last edited:
Im going to give you one more story.
I do a lot of thinking. A huge amount. Many times my body is on auto pilot and I am lost in thought. In this state I can do tasks such as clean the home, cook etc...
There have been times when I enter an almost trance like state. To most people this may sound dangerous but I can only say that its not. I am fully aware of everything going on around me, I only dedicate part of my brain to thought. There have been times where I go so deep my heart beats differently. In some ways..it seems like it almost stops beating. Its as if I am in the process of leaving and my mind stops communicating with my heart telling it that it needs to beat in a certain way. Now I know the heart is fairly autonomous but I also know this happens every time I get "too deep" in thought. When I get there, I snap out of it for obvious reasons. My heart starts beating normally again. But if I dont come back fully, get lost in thought that deeply again, my heart will start beating oddly as if either giving up or trying to jolt me back.
I realize many would say maybe I go into these states BECAUSE of my heart but thats not what is going on.
So paranormal no, unexplained yes. How does this relate? I suppose because I know what I experience and know that something beyond known explanation is happening. I also know that the only person who will ever fully believe me is me.

Also this isnt a good thing I think. No matter what you are doing having your heart stop beating isnt a good thing. Its odd though that it seems to do this because of where my mind is. Just because I am using a lot of processing power on some amount of thought it should not effect how my heart beats.
I can throw a PVC by thinking about my heart beating. It’s looks like this -
ectopic.gif

I can feel it and actually was able to produce one for my Doctor while he was listening through the stethoscope….haha…he said…stop that…not that one or two will hurt you…it’s when your heart continuously beats that way they have to come and defibrillate you while conscious in the back of the ambulance, then it's called SVT, Supravenricular contractions…and it must hurt like a bitch.
We hold more power over our bodies than we realize.
I can definitely tell the difference in my pain level between the days that I meditate and have a more optimistic outlook on things than the days I’m depressed or stressed, I hurt more physically.
I’m still working on shutting off my pain signals altogether…I’ll let you know when I’m there hahaha.

I never believed in paranormal type things until I lived at my step mom's house. WEIRD things happened that are completely unexplained and believe me... I really did not believe in this stuff. I rolled my eyes at it, laughed, said there was no proof, said that people were all making it up until I lived there. My Mom insisted that the home was haunted. And ofc I laughed at her. But when she left me alone to house sit for a week I never laughed at her about it ever again. It wasn't really scary, but it scared me at the time because it was something I never experienced before.

First when I was alone I heard *something* knocking from in the downstairs storage room. No one was in the home but me and the dog, and the dog was sitting with me. I was too scared to open the door. Now people could say "oh maybe it was a mouse that knocked something or , a rat" no. It sounded like someone knocking at the door as a human would. It only knocked once, I stared at the door silently and ignored it - the sound did not occur again.

Next, I went downstairs one night with the lights on - the moment I stepped in the room they shut off. When I stepped back out from being a bit startled, they turned on again. Could it have been a coincidence... maybe. But that added to the toys randomly making noises at night had me skeptical.

Finally the last thing that happened before I moved that sold me: I invited my friend over. To be honest I was going through anxiety at the time and I wanted her around because I was feeling bad. After calming down while she was over, we shut off the lights to watch a movie. We watched it straight through, talking and laughing. She was beside me the entire time. After the movie I turned on the lights and one of the kitchen chairs was placed in the hallway - it wasn't there before we started the movie. I know it sounds ridiculous but it was blocking the bathroom door. We noticed it right away because she had to use the bathroom and asked me if that was there before. I said no, and we both started freaking out. We ended up not touching the chair and sleeping with all of the lights on. But honestly I didn't sleep until 9am because I was scared lol.

After that I didn't experience much besides the small things, but my mom told me more stories. How toys would be placed in odd areas and such. I believe her.
It’s hard to convince people of such subjective things.
Even those dorky Ghost Adventurers have caught several anomalous things such as objects being throw or moved.
One thing I wonder if those guys ever think about is the possibility that they are “creating” such things with their own minds.
Very often they will get an EVP that appears to name one of them…to me, that doesn’t say ghost…that says, someone’s mind projected that somehow and the tape picked it up.
How old were you?
If it was your teenage years then it could have very well been Poltergeist PK activity from your own mind.

I was 20 when that happened. The difference between ghost adventures and real life, is that well... everything on those things are staged. And they grab things from other stories to use to grab people's attention. Actually experiencing something is enough to convince even the strongest non-believer. A lot of people needs facts and evidence , they need proof. I got my proof.

I never tell this story to make people believe it, but I know *I* believe it because it happened to me. And that's honestly good enough for me.

I was 20 when that happened. The difference between ghost adventures and real life, is that well... everything on those things are staged. And they grab things from other stories to use to grab people's attention. Actually experiencing something is enough to convince even the strongest non-believer. A lot of people needs facts and evidence , they need proof. I got my proof.

I never tell this story to make people believe it, but I know *I* believe it because it happened to me. And that's honestly good enough for me.
I laugh when those guys come on the air…in the intro he says, “We have spent years building up our credibility.” I always LOL.

I have my proof too…and there is no use trying to convince anyone otherwise like you said.
You either know it’s true or not.

The question of “ghost” vs PSI or PK activity is still up in the air.
This is the “hard” question of consciousness…does the brain produce the consciousness or does it interpret and follow signals from a “soul”?
Figure that one out and you win the Nobel Prize haha.

[MENTION=5045]Skarekrow[/MENTION]

Someone from game night I attend Friday says Black Shuck are very common in areas of CT and MA.

There are a lot of myths and personal stories apparently about Black Shuck in this area... That kind of makes me feel a little bit better about my encounter, eheh ^^;;;

@Skarekrow

Someone from game night I attend Friday says Black Shuck are very common in areas of CT and MA.

There are a lot of myths and personal stories apparently about Black Shuck in this area... That kind of makes me feel a little bit better about my encounter, eheh ^^;;;

I had a snake man come visit me in a vision one night. He was a Shaman....nevetheless it scared me for a few moments there before I figured out what was happening.

His whole purpose in visiting me was to teach me spiritual entities come in all shapes and guises. It was weird having him stand next to me and mind talk with me like that. Perhaps your black shuck has good intentions in a spooky body....

Sort of like Strider in the Lord of the Rings. Didn't the Hobbits say he "felt fair" but looked foul? :lol:

I had a snake man come visit me in a vision one night. He was a Shaman....nevetheless it scared me for a few moments there before I figured out what was happening.

His whole purpose in visiting me was to teach me spiritual entities come in all shapes and guises. It was weird having him stand next to me and mind talk with me like that. Perhaps your black shuck has good intentions in a spooky body....

Sort of like Strider in the Lord of the Rings. Didn't the Hobbits say he "felt fair" but looked foul? :lol:

A snake man! That is very cool! Did he have a human body with a snake head or was he literally a giant snake? He sounds awesome, were you able to hear him very clearly and naturally?

Hmm well I've read two things: witness a Black Shuck and you die within a year you witness it, I've also read they protect women in need... He actually shows up when my Autism is bothering me so I wonder if his intent is to help with that. Either that or I die in November ^^;;; Thing is he can't talk but sometimes I see it curl up next to me and lick my face.

A snake man! That is very cool! Did he have a human body with a snake head or was he literally a giant snake? He sounds awesome, were you able to hear him very clearly and naturally?

Hmm well I've read two things: witness a Black Shuck and you die within a year you witness it, I've also read they protect women in need... He actually shows up when my Autism is bothering me so I wonder if his intent is to help with that. Either that or I die in November ^^;;; Thing is he can't talk but sometimes I see it curl up next to me and lick my face.

It sounds like one of your spirit guides. It's unlikely it would show up to let you know you're going to die within in a year. That's not how it works here on planet Earth.
Besides.... I can tell your Intuition knows this already as you stated the Shuck shows up when you are feeling stressed.

Did you know [MENTION=4108]Radiant Shadow[/MENTION] uses a dog to help him when his anxiety starts going up?

The Shaman was one very large snake that moved like a snake and then raised it's head up to the height of my head....so that we were even with each other. The snake head did seem to contain some human like features. He "mind talked" with me - so yes - I could understand him just fine. See the large green snake talking to the man in white in this picture? The Shaman resembled that only his patterning wasn't circular but banded. He was colorful like that....though.

This is artwork by someone who took a trip on ayahusca. There are thousands of reports of people seeing snakes on those trips. I was wondering about this and then I remembered we do have a reptilian brain submerged in our minds....so it would make sense we would filter our experiences through a known framework. Plus....for thousands of years the Kundalini (our life force chakra system running up through our spine) is often represented by a snake.

I'm glad I had the vision. Next time I see the Shaman I won't be so scared. :)

Adan-Visionario-By-Anderson-Debernardi-640x360.jpg

Last edited:
@Skarekrow

I think @Kgal covered an answer for you probably better than I could!!
Even if it had negative intentions…we occasionally cross paths with such things.
I have had my run-in with the “old hag” type entity…I feel that certain people, probably more at certain times in our lives, depending on what is going on, and what your own mindset is, act as a sort of beacon to all types of things, both good and not so much.

With my own…she interrupted my dream and all of the sudden I could picture her perfectly with my mind’s eye, coming down my hallway, when she reached my room, that’s when I sat up in bed, eyes still closed and yelled at her to “get the fuck out” followed by what I can only describe as a release of qi energy directed at her…it was as she fled through my bedroom wall that I opened my eyes and saw the clock flying toward me in the dark.

I don’t believe that she had/has an attachment to me…I feel that I attracted her at that time, for whatever reason…like a moth to a flame.