PARANORMAL POLL | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

PARANORMAL POLL

Have you had an unexplained paranormal experience?

• I have had an experience I cannot explain.

Votes: 22 68.8%
  • I have had an experience, but I think it was nothing special.

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • I have had a violent or frightening experience.

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Witnesses were present.

Votes: 12 37.5%
  • Don’t believe in that crap.

Votes: 9 28.1%

• Total voters
I was watching my brother play a video game today. Graphics are really starting to fool the mind. One day technology will fool the mind so well that even though a game is created by humans, our brains will register them as real experiences. If we kill in a game, it will be easier to kill in real life having broken the barrier that keeps us from being able to do it already in our mind. Some stories are good enough to make us feel for the characters in them. Imagine what adding a story like that to a realistic world we can nit distinguish from real life. A person could spend their entire lives living in a fabricated world. And this is an idea we have all heard before.
What we have not contemplated before is worth and purpose. For a person who has lived their life this way, was it a waste? Was it a waste of life if all they ever knew in their fantasy world was happiness? If we are able to create false worlds for people in the future a d bring them nothing but happiness, should we?

Yeah, people have already died playing MMORPGs. Second Life has people who are using it as their first life.

Okay, these are social and can be used with that sense of detachment. However, get a load of people with the mentality you described interacting in that way and it could get weird.

Then again, they may find it easier to accept that the material world is illusory also...eventually.

No, I don't believe in the otherworldly. If ghosts exist, what would be so paranormal about them. Believing in phenomenons that lacks logical definitions doesn't necessitate them lacking logical explanations, just that we don't understand them.

Yeah, people have already died playing MMORPGs. Second Life has people who are using it as their first life.

Okay, these are social and can be used with that sense of detachment. However, get a load of people with the mentality you described interacting in that way and it could get weird.

Then again, they may find it easier to accept that the material world is illusory also...eventually.

Funny. Im not sure how that post got here. It was intended for my blog...
Sorry.

Funny. Im not sure how that post got here. It was intended for my blog...
Sorry.

You know what, for some reason I thought this was one of the 'is reality real?' threads so I didn't even notice you were off topic lol.

My heart was probably beating at too slow of a pace…I remember…I felt like I was sick and dying…because I probably was.
One beat every two seconds is not good.
When I asked for help…it was like a ‘swooping’ sensation…like I physically was jolted in place…like things were flying through me is what came to my mind’s eye.
I felt my heart grabbed…but it was the most fantastic feeling too…it brought me to tears and I was sobbing…I seriously believe that my heart was converted from a bradycardic almost asystole (stopped…fibrillating) rhythm, back to where it should have been.
It was intense and very unexpected, even the second time I asked the next week…I didn’t expect the same response…but it came.

I'm so sorry to hear that. :( Well, it seems that someone (whatever spiritual being it was) was answering to your request/prayer. That must have been such a super scary yet beautiful experience! :m196: :m033:

I think...and this is just mo, that the world might be a more forgiving and loving place if everyone realized that we are all we have. There are no hidden sentient consciousness out to get us or help us. We are all we have.

several people in the past have told me i have spiritual or special supernatural powers even though i'd never thought anything of the sort about myself.
some ppl think god is/actually has talked to me.
wat do u make of that

I think...and this is just mo, that the world might be a more forgiving and loving place if everyone realized that we are all we have. There are no hidden sentient consciousness out to get us or help us. We are all we have.
That may very well be the case.
If our human race ever makes it far enough to rise above such outdated belief systems.

several people in the past have told me i have spiritual or special supernatural powers even though i'd never thought anything of the sort about myself.
some ppl think god is/actually has talked to me.
wat do u make of that

It’s very subjective…if there were witnesses present then I would be curious to hear the whole story.

I voted
Witnesses were present. AND Don’t believe in that crap.
AND no one is forcing you to believe.

The occurrences I have had…especially the one where there was a hanging rack of empty hangers, were violently hit by something that was unseen…I can’t explain that, so I do believe that there is something…maybe not a ghost…but PSI phenomena maybe?

Last edited:
The mind is a powerful thing...

The mind is a powerful thing...
Most paranormal researchers would tell you that Poltergeist phenomena are usually created by the mind or several minds working on a subconscious level.

Most paranormal researchers would tell you that Poltergeist phenomena are usually created by the mind or several minds working on a subconscious level.

After much contemplation, I have come to the conclusion that all paranormal phenomena is created by our minds.

After much contemplation, I have come to the conclusion that all paranormal phenomena is created by our minds.

I agree. But then I think All is created by Hearts and Minds. There's so much to us, methinks.

10422269_1054558234565187_8646536853693303581_n.jpg

I don't believe in a God, an afterlife or ghosts.
There's nothing but respect from me to those who do.
Sometimes I think that people look to ghosts and conspiracy theories as a means of convincing themselves that their belief-systems make sense.
We're all just the same molecules jumping around. We switch molecules when we're together. You 7 years from now be a completely different person from who you are now. Everything will have been shifted out. It's remarkable that the new molecules respect what the old ones built!
When we die, we slowly stop being molecules.
We stop being what made us.
I have a hard time imagining a new organism building us back to who we were when we were here.

Penn Jillette once asked Larry King what he remembered from the year 1854. Larry King said that he didn't exist then, so nothing. That's what I think awaits us. No longer existing. Not as ghosts, Heaven people or Hell people.

In early 2014 I met a man with colon cancer and fell in love with him. He died 9 months later on a Monday morning. Tuesday evening I was dancing and goofing off in my bedroom preparing to do a meditation when all of a sudden he showed up in my room standing about 3 feet away from me. He was beautiful healthy alive radiant with love. He was no ghost. ..

I was shocked to see him and shocked to see that my "reality" was slightly altered. Everything in my room was "more"....as if I could feel it all.

He talked with me. I cried. He hugged me and told me over and over again that he loved me and he was grateful for all that I had done for him. Some other stuff happened and then he left.

One of the extraordinary blessings from this interaction was the fact I knew without doubt he had Transitioned with love and grace to the other side of the veil. That made me very happy.

What's striking for me about this event is the fact I was not thinking about him or wishing he'd come see me...I mean I didn't even know this kind of stuff happened. When I was dancing in my room I was just in a relaxed state of being. The only agenda on my mind was to play and dance and be one with the universe. Then he came and gave me a great gift.

Reactions: flower

Im not sure I agree with that. Created and experienced are two different things. If one person can see something another cant does that mean the persons mind is working incorrectly or does it mean that it is working better? :)

I don't believe in a God, an afterlife or ghosts.
There's nothing but respect from me to those who do.
Sometimes I think that people look to ghosts and conspiracy theories as a means of convincing themselves that their belief-systems make sense.
We're all just the same molecules jumping around. We switch molecules when we're together. You 7 years from now be a completely different person from who you are now. Everything will have been shifted out. It's remarkable that the new molecules respect what the old ones built!
When we die, we slowly stop being molecules.
We stop being what made us.
I have a hard time imagining a new organism building us back to who we were when we were here.

Penn Jillette once asked Larry King what he remembered from the year 1854. Larry King said that he didn't exist then, so nothing. That's what I think awaits us. No longer existing. Not as ghosts, Heaven people or Hell people.
When you watch a tv show with an actor that is now dead, maybe thats paranormal.