No Boyfriend Since Birth!! | Page 5 | INFJ Forum

No Boyfriend Since Birth!!

Can't believe you just quoted Jane Austen.. I love her and she's one of my favorites.. :)
I've always wanted to become a "well-accomplished woman" too.. lol,
(hard though to really achieve that so I'll stick to just being true to myself.. lol.)
That's cool, I find that the beauty of such a pursuit is that no one can fault you for trying to do so. Plus, if you ever do discover a guy with a similar mindset, he probably won't fault you for not entirely succeeding. Reason being, he will understand that such a pursuit is a lifelong venture, one that he also has embarked on.

"We choose those we like, with those we love, we have no say in the matter."
-Mignon McLaughlin, The Neurotic's Notebook, 1960
Interesting quote. I try to negotiate with both my heart and my head. Although they rarely work and play well together. :D

It's not that I don't want it, but that I haven't found what I'm looking for and I'd rather not settle for something I'm not into. I figure it will happen when it's meant to happen and I don't worry about it.
I can attest to this. I'm a guy of twenty something and I've found only what I DO NOT want in those that I've been involved with. That being said, I do not regret attempting any of my past relationships. Possibly because I was always super cautious with my selection. I picked amiable girls, learned lots of new things, gained unique friendships through innocent experiences, and discovered that I truly am content who I am and who I'm becoming. It sounds rather arrogant, but I know that I'm a good catch, and that realization only deepens and becomes more definable with time.

If you date someone next week, tomorrow, in the next hour, big woop. Just don't fixate on it and you'll be fine. Try not to let society's expectations weigh you down and just give yourself time to do things the way you do them.
Another good point! I'm an INFJ and I sometimes have to verbally acknowledge and alert myself when I'm becoming consumed by my own thoughts, practices, whatever. Oh, and screw society. I'm not one of them, I'm me. And they can all take a five mile long hike for all I care.

You're a rare personality type, difficult to understand, hard to open up.
I cannot kudos this point enough, it's simply the truth. I would simply add that you, as an INFJ, are also on a journey to discover yourself. During which you might even delve into your morals, values, roadmap, upbringing, childhood, influences, spirituality, understanding of nature vs. nurture, etc. During my years of solitude in between feminine inquiries, I find myself searching the depths of my own understandings in order to determine what I truly believe motivates and shapes my own character.

Okay, okay. Wrap it up.

TL;DR | This is me, I am myself, and I don't want nor need someone else to validate my existence. If I ultimately discover someone else who truly walks side by side me on this path known as life, even better. Till then, I'll be in my notebook, or off dating my camera.

Last edited: