My Secret MBTI Type | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

My Secret MBTI Type

I wonder about that too. I was an extremely introverted child, until I realized one day at about 12, that introversion wasn't helping me. When I went to my next foster home, I vowed to be as extraverted as possible - I remember making a list - "I will smile at everyone I meet." "I will say hi to everyone I meet." "I will walk tall to seem confident."

That makes a lot of sense! I think when we adopt something for practical reasons and it meets our need, we begin to incorporate it as part of our self-perception. It perhaps takes some time and self-exploration to strip back down to what is the most natural expression.

Having that social interaction ability as part of your tool kit provides a great skill to draw from and yet I'm sure it can also be really helpful to know that most natural expression so one doesn't get burnt out using an adapted skill without giving necessary time to replenish.

So the 'N' is actually an unstable trait? I didn't know this - but it explains a lot, especially as I usually score so high - lol. Unstable how though?

I do move about every two years - I think it's from moving all the time as a child - I just get uncomfortable being in any one place too long. Is that N? Or neurosis? LOL.

us N's tend to like change in our lives, constant growth and learning, researching, exploring in whatever we might be interested in, which is why we are not very practical, we don't see the simple side of life to often we are focused more on the future, or growth, always changing as a person.

So the 'N' is actually an unstable trait? I didn't know this - but it explains a lot, especially as I usually score so high - lol. Unstable how though?

I do move about every two years - I think it's from moving all the time as a child - I just get uncomfortable being in any one place too long. Is that N? Or neurosis? LOL.

N for neurosis. Yeah, probably :p

My explanation is that my N always locks horns with all of my other functions; my Ti and Ni especially are prone to picking fights with one another. It tends to make me ...rather loopy.

I've always flip-flopped between INFJ abd INFP, but at this point I'm pretty convinced I'm an INFJ and am comfortable with that.

My younger son probably would've scored as an E when he was a child. Eveb after he became ill and was diagnosed with scgizoaffective disorder, he still scored as an ENFJ as a young adult. When Von Has was doing his facial recognition thread, I asked him to take a look at my son's picture and he typedhim as an INFJ. It initially surprised me because Tom works with people akk day as a receptionist for a disability-rights organization and loves his job most of the time. But it's absolutely essential for him to have major amounts of down time after his workday is over and he works only three days a week. Bingo! He can work with people, but it drains him and he could never sustain a five-day work week. It all clicked for me the. Yay, Von Hase!

us N's tend to like change in our lives, constant growth and learning, researching, exploring in whatever we might be interested in, which is why we are not very practical, we don't see the simple side of life to often we are focused more on the future, or growth, always changing as a person.
Hmmm... I like this - it seems to fit. Thanks Raccoon Love! I've had to learn 'practicality' lol. As a teen, that was the one thing I heard more than anything else, "Yes, the idea is great, but it's not practical!"

And Tovlo, I agree with you. I think I learned this the hard way - LOL.

TDHT -

N for neurosis. Yeah, probably :p

My explanation is that my N always locks horns with all of my other functions; my Ti and Ni especially are prone to picking fights with one another. It tends to make me ...rather loopy.
I am ok with the first sentence - haha!

I'm sorry if I'm being dense - can you give me an example for your second sentence? I just want to understand. :)

Anica - that's interesting about your son. It's weird to not be easily typed. Does he agree with this type?

Last edited:
Shhhhh....

I've realized since then that the tests have changed. The tests used to say, "Are you comfortable speaking to people." Which my answer is yes - I don't like people in person so much as in theory, but they don't scare me (not much does). "Would you rather speak to people or do you like to speak to people ?" would have been a better question for me. I can do what I have to do, what I 'must do,' but I do need lots and lots of quiet time.

Yes I really understand this. I'm also thinking that the way of questioning makes me answer incorrectly. Like this one "is your desk neet?". yeah, my desk is, but does that really mean I'm an organized person? I can be cluttery one moment and very clean the next but it seems more that this clean part is because I believe I should be and not because I am. And there are other questions that I don't know how to answer. I can talk to people when I'm going out, but do I like chitchat, no. Am I intuitive? What is that exactly? Can I be sure that my definition is the same as what they ment? So basicly I think it takes time and research to really know what you need to answer. Who is the real me and who is the me that I have adapted to be succesfull in the outside world.

And I have an other question. Is it possable that children at a young age take over the MBTI type of there parents? Because since I have moved out my personality is changing and I'm becoming less judgemental and less organized as I was when I was living with my parents. My parents are judgemental.

Well, I first found MBTI when I was about 14 or 15 and scored INFJ. After that, I scored INTJ, ENFJ, INFP, ENFP, etc. on various tests and during various times. It especially gets confusing when I'm doing cognitive function tests. That's normal, though; the tests are not perfectly accurate, and it does depend on answers.

A variety of types often means that you're developed enough to have a wide range of strengths outside that of your "true" type. Don't worry about it ;)

Gloomy-Optimist:

A variety of types often means that you're developed enough to have a wide range of strengths outside that of your "true" type. Don't worry about it ;)
That's a really nice way to look at it - thanks! :)

Morgan, I agree, and I do think the wording on the tests can differ for each person reading the questions. That's not to say that it's a bad test - just that people read things differently. Generally speaking, many people are able to type themselves with some accuracy, so the questions must be good enough... although obviously not perfect.

And I have an other question. Is it possable that children at a young age take over the MBTI type of there parents? Because since I have moved out my personality is changing and I'm becoming less judgemental and less organized as I was when I was living with my parents. My parents are judgemental.
I don't know Morgan... but maybe someone else can answer that for you?

Gloomy-Optimist:

That's a really nice way to look at it - thanks! :)

Morgan, I agree, and I do think the wording on the tests can differ for each person reading the questions. That's not to say that it's a bad test - just that people read things differently. Generally speaking, many people are able to type themselves with some accuracy, so the questions must be good enough... although obviously not perfect.

I don't know Morgan... but maybe someone else can answer that for you?

I do not think so, maybe if the parents are powerful enough to change the childs personality, but I have had a lot of problems with my parents because we are just so different, I refuse to be the way they expect me to be and they accused me of being a ''rebel'' or ''lost case'' bu I know its not true xD..

I refuse to be the way they expect me to be and they accused me of being a ''rebel'' or ''lost case'' bu I know its not true xD..

This made me laugh! Hahahahha. You go, you non-rebel you! :D

I've always been really rebellious myself. :D

I've scored about half of all the MBTI types, since I began studying this thing. Sometimes with very strong preferences. Maybe I'm too extreme, have a dynamic personality, cheat the tests and even myself a little too much, am pretentious and role-playing, OR that's how a reactive neuro-net like the brain is normally supposed to be anyway.
:m075:Maybe the opposite would be much more fake?? Stick with some brick.
I do not disagree with the sterotypes of the MBTI types, but I am not convinced the belonging of people to these types is anything but forced. They give us this test. Why should there be a test, in the first place?

It is like... take a group of 100 people. Study them. Pick 16 among them who are the most distinct between each other. Describe them as ideal models for the whole human behavior. Apply anyone else to one of these groups and continue the division. It will work, trust me. Quite similar people will join each group. But it's still random, and artificial.

I want the reason for the initial division to be more objective than simple observation of some extreme people. To be physical, and distinct enough in being physical. It can't. People exist in very smooth demographic distributions between small hands and large hands, for example. Whatever the physical reasons behind the cognitive function theory, they are smoothly distributed too.

edit:
P.S. I'm not completely rejecting the applications of MBTI yet, because it has them. I'm just a little concerned how sane using all these assumptions is.

Last edited:
I'm secretly an evil ENTJ, you guys just see my ISFP shadow, one day the whole world will bend to my inner ideals.

I'm secretly an evil ENTJ, you guys just see my ISFP shadow, one day the whole world will bend to my inner ideals.
I know. I'm scared of you all the time. :( (jk ofc) And by the way, the ENTJs I know in person indeed have surprisingly ISFP tendencies of vulnerable artisan behavior. ^^ When they are not busy running the world, I mean. They can play so fragile suddenly, that people can't really approach them about their usual arrogance. It is a great unbeatable defence of their ultimate power in psychological groups - this adorable weakness, which they can switch to.

Last edited:
It's the arm cannon, must be the arm cannon...

starscream_mini_statue-L.jpg

Is it possable that children at a young age take over the MBTI type of there parents?

Both of my parents were very judgemental of my friends and of everything I did. I think of my mom as more of a perceiver, I really figured she was INFP, I think she changes her actions to follow my father, which I KNOW is a J, I am guessing he is ISFJ.

This influenced me quite a bit, both my parents were quite judgmental of me and I believe that is one of the reasons that I developed my J so much. I have always been a P, but I think I have struggled trying to be J for so long. I told myself over and over that I am J because I desperately want to be, for those around me, and eventually I believed it.

In friendships I actively sought P types, because I love having someone around that is as accepting and easy-going as myself. However, as I meet more J's I realize that some are not as extreme as my father was and I become less biased in my preferences.

I say that I don't like talking to others (This is in reference to talking to people in person, or on the phone in most cases, not online.) and I believe that I don't like talking to them because I put up such a wall, and sometimes such a facade which I have done since I was a child so that I could "fit in." It worked exceptionally well when I was young, even if it was draining, up until that point when I overloaded in High School.

I follow the notion that people will fit into a varient form of several types, bridging between then. Also, with a one type out of these that fit the best. If you combine two of these factors together, things make a lot more sense. And you can pull details about yourself out more to describe you better.

I am an IJ varient, with INFJ being my primary mode. From this, it explains all the tendencies I have. Since nearly all of us here are INFJ's most of us can fit into several varient forms. NF being the most common.

I empathize with a lot of this NAI. I also like easy-going and accepting people, and believe I am one myself. But I also get frustrated when people can't make simple decisions - like what to eat, or where to go. It's not that hard people!

I'm also much better online or in writing. I don't know, for me, why exactly, just that people make me tired, and then after interacting with them, I think about them for way longer and in way more detail than they've probably ever thought about me. I don't even know what the purpose of this is. I do know that I generally know how someone ticks on first meeting them - but the 'why' and 'what' that I obsess about. It's like I'm looking for facts to back up my gut intuition about them.

I don't even know exactly what I'm saying, just trying to show, in my way, that I hear you. :)

I think the more into mbti one gets, the more apt their type is to change. I first tested as INFP when I took the test in college for career counseling. Now, It's a toss up between all variations of INxx. Though I suspect I am just a very disgruntled and disillusioned INFP at this point..

Indigo, Does that mean I could be an IN? And what would that mean? Introverted unstable person? LOL.

I think the more into mbti one gets, the more apt their type is to change.
alt ctrl del - but is it real?

Last edited: