My Secret MBTI Type | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

My Secret MBTI Type

What do you mean, is it real? Well, it's a theory. As people are all individuals with different experiences and whatnot, undoubtedly there's room for variation.

I often wonder about it's validity.. and yet I'm still fascinated by it. I know several INFPs and I can say that we're all wildly different people.

Indigo, Does that mean I could be an IN? And what would that mean? Introverted unstable person? LOL.

alt ctrl del - but is it real?

haha what i was thinking..I'm more into the INXX types then NF or IJ.

I follow the notion that people will fit into a varient form of several types, bridging between then. Also, with a one type out of these that fit the best. If you combine two of these factors together, things make a lot more sense. And you can pull details about yourself out more to describe you better.

I am an IJ varient, with INFJ being my primary mode. From this, it explains all the tendencies I have. Since nearly all of us here are INFJ's most of us can fit into several varient forms. NF being the most common.
This is interesting. Can you talk more about different varients?

No no no, that would just imply that you bridge between four types: INFJ, INFP, INTJ, and INTP. You would have to sort out that order of prefrence for yourself. From that you can explain more about your tendencies. Of course this isn't your type, your type is the one of these four that you are in most of the time.

Reactions: Moxie
This is interesting. Can you talk more about different varients?

Sure, I will make a thread about it later on tonight. I had been wanting to do that for a bit now.

That was perfectly stated Indigo, I understand now.

So, it would really be Raccoon and I switching between our F and T (I accidentally wrote FaT, Freudian?), and our P and J Sandwiches (dang did it again). I mean 'types.'

And Alt Ctrl Del,

What do you mean, is it real? Well, it's a theory. As people are all individuals with different experiences and whatnot, undoubtedly there's room for variation.

I often wonder about it's validity.. and yet I'm still fascinated by it. I know several INFPs and I can say that we're all wildly different people.

What I meant by 'Is it real' is that when we get too educated about types, how can we possibly be typing ourselves accurately? Can we get a real response when we understand the questions and responses so well? Or are we more likely to fit ourselves better?

I think the confusion here is that, no matter what one's "type," we all use all the functions. For many of us, environment (social, work, family, etc.) has trained us effectively to use functions that are not our preferences. So, an INFJ scientist at work may learn to behave like an INTJ. My wife, a strong INFJ, is a medical scientist/research physician who can turn on her "T" ability and appear much like an INTJ, when necessary. I am an extreme INTP but I can act like a "normal" person when in a business meeting or other social situation (although it's exhausting). I can even be charming but that's really pushing it.

What I meant by 'Is it real' is that when we get too educated about types, how can we possibly be typing ourselves accurately? Can we get a real response when we understand the questions and responses so well? Or are we more likely to fit ourselves better?
Oh.
I just noticed that the more one seems to know about types, the more biased one becomes in typing, or the more difficult it is to answer the test questions objectively and honestly.

The more interesting question is: If we can fit ourselves to any type, after we get how it works, then isn't it kind of bunk to assume that we actually belong to one type.

The more interesting question is: If we can fit ourselves to any type, after we get how it works, then isn't it kind of bunk to assume that we actually belong to one type.

It is more about understanding your "neutral" behavior. Although it does become increasingly difficult when you develop your knowledge and can influence bias.

Well, the more pieces you have, the harder it is to put them back to see the big picture. When we begin to understand more, we begin to see a lot of different possibilities, which complicates our view of it. So, it's not too surprising that it becomes harder to type yourself when you know more.

And, like Norton says, we use all of our functions, not just our top four. So, when you begin noticing these and developing them, it's easy to see certain traits from other types show up. Thus, further complications.

I too have scored many different types when in different scenarios and stages in life...When I withdraw from my feelings like I can do...and most of you know how and why I can/do do this...I can score INTJ

I have also scored INTP, and Infp...I mostly score INFJ...it is like you my core and true type. Just because I can shut off my F doesn't mean I like it...I feel alien when I am in that mode...

Interesting question. I scored INFP pretty consistently when i first tested on the MBTI but then i learned about socionics, and tested INFJ there. Later, on this board, most the tests i take peg me as INFJ. But one cognitive test had me as INTJ.

I'm not sure how to process this. When i'm teaching, when i'm the most engaged and on point, someone observing would probably type me ENFJ. When i'm speaking with close friends or family, i am pretty extroverted, but in larger groups, i'm usually not. Too much variation throws me off. Still trying to figure out what all this means. But it's clear that i'm not INTJ, except when i'm really upset and annoyed with someone.

Last edited:
LOL. RS. :D

Some psychologists believe that no one really 'changes type' through their life, or if they do, that something was seriously wrong with them. I was scared for a long time that there was something wrong with me because I got so many different types through the years. After having been on this forum, I've realized that this is probably quite normal for some people - and maybe it is true that standardized tests don't work that well for everyone. Hmmm.

Yes, beliefs of psychologists are going to be wrong. Because when i was not on these forums, i was quite different person. I was not able to speak freely like extroverted person. Well, i was INFJ before coming here, now i am ENF for forever. Note: I have done so many tests, now they are coming extrovert. I think ,i am going to become ENFP.

The first time I took the test, in high school, I was scored as ENFJ. This inspired me to get a job on a cruise ship as an emcee. I dealt with 800 new people every week, not including crew. Although I could do the job, I didn't understand why I was always worn out, and would run back to my room and hide under my blankets, even if it was just for 5 minutes. I started to really hate people and didn't understand why.

When I finally quit that job and went to college, I didn't speak to anyone new or to anyone I didn't have to for about 2 years (still a lot like this). I couldn't! I was too worn out! I hated talking! (still do)

. . .

Anyway, any thoughts on this, or any similar experiences?

Can relate.

Last edited:
When I first took the test in high school, it said I was not any of the types or more than 1 so I had to take it again... Then I got INFJ.

I think my personality depends on the person and the situation, but I am mainly INFJ. When I read the description the first time, it described me pretty darn well.

I waffle from INFJ, INFP, ISFJ and ISFP. Occasionally I get the rare T but that's only when I'm feeling intelligent, which is hardly ever.