Mood and Food | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Mood and Food

Oh yes, I tend to eat more when I'm not feeling very well. But a little bit of stress is enough to make my appetite disappear altogether.

If food was free, I'd probably never stop eating.
If I'm mad, I eat. If I'm upset, I eat. If I'm sad, I eat. If I'm happy, I eat. I don't know if I ever could get enough to eat. Kinda sucks that my family has a history of high cholesterol and heart disease because someday I'll have to change my diet. Of course I figure someday all of my eating will catch up to me too and I'll randomly wake up some morning the size of an elephant.

Reactions: Blind Bandit
Of course I figure someday all of my eating will catch up to me too and I'll randomly wake up some morning the size of an elephant.

I have the same worries. :/

I used to "eat my feelings" when I was avoiding dealing with something. Now I just don't eat. I mean, I don't eat much. Or daily. And this is probably the most stressed I have ever been in my life.

When I'm stressed or depressed I find I can't eat without getting severe indigestion (I get chest pains alongside this) and I just don't feel like it.
When I'm happy, I tend to feel too full of happiness to require food, but eat normally anyway.
My calm mood is the only one that really makes me want to eat stuff, I do eat very normally though ^^" I have hypoglycemia so I have to eat regularly (thankfully it's not as bad anymore).

I'm definitely a moody eater. I envy you if you don't get the unhappy munchies, Ria. So how do you deal with your upsets?

I tend to turn to chocolate or home baked yummies. Home baked yummies + chocolate = bliss. The act of baking also eases my troubles. The taste of it makes me quite happy. Then I tend to eat to much and go a bit hyper and end up dancing all around the house until I'm exhausted.
I'm trying to eat only dark chocolate, because too much makes me feel sick and I won't get to the hyper stage unless I'm on self-destruct that day.

Well, sometimes if I'm having several days in a row where I have things weighing on my mind, I end up just living off coffee in the morning and then iced tea and water throughout the day with either a bag of chips for dinner or something nasty like that.

Usually, I am just a nibbler throughout the day between clients and I often times eat while I'm driving. You can find me eating chicken snackwraps from Tim Horton's or something to that effect.

I'd have to say that when I am unhappy or otherwise just busy and things going on in my head that make me feel uncomfortable, the thought of eating or even chewing just makes me want to throw up. I sometimes force myself to sit infront of something and I just can't open my mouth... When ever I am grieving, I can't distinguish that stinging tummy feeling to be grief, hunger or tummy ache. If I can actually get it in my mouth, then it's hunger, if not, then it's grief and tummy ache.

In short, I sometimes don't eat a lot, but drink a ton of water and iced tea and yes, coffee every morning. Most days I eat something, and on days when I have a happy day without any triggers, then I am piggin' out all day long!

....well Helpful Elf, if I have unhappiness I just don't turn to food to feel better. I am someone who needs to be pro-active at solving my problems so that when things are better, then I can eat again because my appetite has returned. So ya, I just try and stratagize.

Last edited:
If I'm down, I eat chocolate. That solves the problem. It's definitely medicinal.

I could never understand why people commit suicide when there is so much chocolate to be eaten.

The best chocolate in the world is Belgian chocolate, by far. According to my reasoning above, one would expect the suicide rate to be very low in Belgium. That may not be true, so I guess my theory needs work. OTOH, one would think that Belgian beer, mussels, and "frites" (french fries)--the other three food groups in Belgium--would adequately compensate for whatever Belgian chocolate might lack (whatever that might conceivably be).

Reactions: gloomy-optimist
Last night Tally-Wa and I went to a movie and the whole time I felt like coughing and sneezing...

Def. fighting something. The appetite? Not so good right now, I think today will be a hot liquid day.

Btw, Paranormal Activity is a good movie :D

....well Helpful Elf, if I have unhappiness I just don't turn to food to feel better. I am someone who needs to be pro-active at solving my problems so that when things are better, then I can eat again because my appetite has returned. So ya, I just try and stratagize.

It makes sense. Thanks for explaining. I sometimes struggle with the whole 'be proactive' thing, but you're right, and I realise it's a problem I need to work on. It's usually the things that might cause other people pain or difficulty if I were to bring them up that cause me to eat out of frustration. I suppose it's easier for me to eat, than to tell them the things they are doing or not doing that are getting me down, and even then it's just a side issue, because blaming 'the other' is a cop out for the real reasons I can be unhappy sometimes. It's really not their problem after all, if I'm unhappy, for whatever reason, even if it involves them. Anyway, you got me thinking and that's a good thing.

It's usually the things that might cause other people pain or difficulty if I were to bring them up that cause me to eat out of frustration. I suppose it's easier for me to eat, than to tell them the things they are doing or not doing that are getting me down, and even then it's just a side issue, because blaming 'the other' is a cop out for the real reasons I can be unhappy sometimes. It's really not their problem after all, if I'm unhappy, for whatever reason, even if it involves them. Anyway, you got me thinking and that's a good thing.

I can relate to this a little. I struggle with articulating my needs in a way that doesn't feel like I'm simply being selfish.

But your happiness is important, even if they don't recognize it. Believe that. Your value/worth is much more than you realize.

I eat a LOT :m148:LOT:m154: LOT when i'm very depressed or very happy!!!

and when I'm mad, i get really talkative and defensive so i HAVE TO chew something to stop myself from talking.:m197:.. i chew very very fast when i'm mad so.. i get to eat A LOT OF FOOD:m131:

I eat a lot when I'm depressed. I can eat a lot because of my size and all my training though. Unfortunately, I haven't trained for over a month because of Uni. Gotta get back to it.

dammit appetite, hurry up and pls return to me!! :m194:

^^ Bumping this up^^

I just pigged tonight and now feel unable to move... mmm chinese food *oink*

I tend to eat a lot when I am heavily stressed or sad, for example..I just drank almost the entire soda bottle. It has caffeine too, an excuse to keep me awake.

I'll eat and drink (alcohol) when I'm happy.

When I'm stressed I'll only eat one small high-fat meal a day.