Merkabah | Page 4 | INFJ Forum
@Skarekrow

I hope to not offend here, and this is not directed at you, but I can't help but notice the parallels between waiting for the Messiah's second coming and waiting for the ascension, and how certain people claim to know when or how it is going to happen. I'm just a little skeptical that anyone is confident enough to assert these as truths to begin with. How does anyone know this? The universe is billions of years old and homo sapiens only recently emerged in the grand scheme of things, and the universe will probably continue to exist with or without us for billions of more years. I don't see any of us going anywhere anytime soon, unless we get wiped out by an asteroid or destroy each other first.

The thing is, I find it perfectly fine to believe in a soul and higher energies and some people are tapped into it more so than others, but at some point one has to accept their professions as faith and hope that you can also attain what they have attained and believe that they are right. I just don't think I can live my life like that, but at the same time, I am entirely captivated by the thought that we are energies that exist independently from our bodies and that there are other dimensions and planes of existence. I just don't know that there are and this keeps me from departing from reality, I guess.

Again, I hope to have not offended anyone.
I don’t find that offensive in the slightest.
It all takes a certain “leap of faith”....something that I can’t ever seem to really attain.
I don’t buy into the “Spirit Science” videos (that I posted) 100%, but a good portion of it makes sense to me as I base a lot of what I believe or have close to what one would consider “faith” on what science has proven to be real (at least on the level of understanding that exists now).
You sound like me when I go off on a tangent about the exact same thing. The doubts, and the things you find captivating about almost right on with my own thinking. The reason I lean more in the direction of say - new agey shit over Christianity, happens to be my qualms with the doctrine of Christianity - The Bible.
When I think of the Bible, I know that I have a very different interpretation of it than most people. I happen to think that so much has been changed, added, omitted, (for personal or power gains) that no one can claim that it is the word of God anymore, if it ever was. Yes, there are wonderful teachings in it, and very beautiful passages, exciting stories...but there are some very un-christlike teachings besides Jesus’s teachings that just don’t jive to me. I can get in-depth with it if you like. Then you have what I would call the average “Christian” in this country...and please don’t take offense with this either...I find it personally wonderful that people can have such a thing as “faith” since I can’t seem to find it for myself...so the average “christian”...I think most are walking, talking, hypocrites...if one were to really follow the teachings of Jesus, you would basically be a monk, no possessions, helping those that society looks down upon, you certainly wouldn’t be a conservative republican....lol. But no, I’m not saying those who really put the effort out there to be good people and to follow the teachings of Jesus are not wonderful, beautiful people...it’s the rest of them...the group that thinks cutting funds to food stamp programs is somehow going to “help” the poor....and then they even stand behind Bible verses that they twist to make themselves feel better....it’s the combination of Christianity in the US and the greed oozing from the pores of our nation...somehow everyone seems to have forgotten that it’s a deadly sin, that Jesus even said it would be impossible for a rich man to get into heaven...somehow the poor in the US have been stigmatized into lazy, drug using, welfare queens with 8 kids, who are usually not white....it’s fucking sick and perverse...I’m sure Jesus would feel the same way Fox news and most people who claim to be “Christian” about the poor, the sick, the drug using, the thieves, murderers, etc, etc...
There are some wonderful Christians out there, there are many here on the forum I consider good friends. I myself have belief in parts of the Bible, I do believe that Jesus existed, taught and did many of the things written there. I just wish those real Christians would outnumber the pseudo-Christians...or at the very least would be just as vocal.
My own beliefs stretch across many religions...I follow, and study, and ascribe to, those things that make sense to me...just as it would be for anyone.
I am a huge skeptic, but many of the things about the “soul” or the energies that make us “us” have been either, scientifically proven, or can be explained by theories of quantum physics, which is more concrete for me than letting go and having “faith”.

[MENTION=5045]Skarekrow[/MENTION]

I don't buy a lot of that stuff as stated literally but I think metaphorically it somehow illustrates the truth.

I believe that even what you think literally does change reality in some way. I don't think it's your soul going out and manipulating things for the sake of it, no, but I also do not think there are any actual metaphysical entities. Thought is not separate from material reality so therefore it must have an effect on material reality in some way, in the same way as the observer effect.

For example when you put a thermometer in water to get the water temperature, you also change the water temperature by doing so, because the thermometer and water are in the same universe and operate under recursive mechanics. Heat will disperse either from the water into the thermometer, or from the thermometer into the water, which is what gives you the reading in the first place, because a thing must be interacted with to test its properties.

Or in other words, to detect a particle, you have to collide something with it, or get it to produce an effect. A thing which produces no environmental effects cannot be found - it would be so called 'dark', like dark matter. Why can't we find dark matter? Because nothing emits or bounces off of it to let us see that it's there. It's the same reason that infrared and microwave etc is invisible to the eye, except it would be even more invisible because it's not detectable by instruments either.

Long story short - when you think, it does something real, and not just to your brain only.

Reactions: t56hg2bv
[MENTION=5045]Skarekrow[/MENTION]

Long story short - when you think, it does something real, and not just to your brain only.

I find when I focus on the quality of my state of mind, this state will have a signicant impact on how others perceive me. If I'm thinking about people in a positive light my body responds by behaving in a manner in which othe people view positively. I find that my thinking openly, I am open. The reverse also seems to hold, limiting oneself's mind makes me come across as less open to others. Quite remarkable really. Of course one can fake it to some extend, but that would be too exhaustive in the end.

I don’t find that offensive in the slightest.
It all takes a certain “leap of faith”....something that I can’t ever seem to really attain.
I don’t buy into the “Spirit Science” videos (that I posted) 100%, but a good portion of it makes sense to me as I base a lot of what I believe or have close to what one would consider “faith” on what science has proven to be real (at least on the level of understanding that exists now).
You sound like me when I go off on a tangent about the exact same thing. The doubts, and the things you find captivating about almost right on with my own thinking. The reason I lean more in the direction of say - new agey shit over Christianity, happens to be my qualms with the doctrine of Christianity - The Bible.
When I think of the Bible, I know that I have a very different interpretation of it than most people. I happen to think that so much has been changed, added, omitted, (for personal or power gains) that no one can claim that it is the word of God anymore, if it ever was. Yes, there are wonderful teachings in it, and very beautiful passages, exciting stories...but there are some very un-christlike teachings besides Jesus’s teachings that just don’t jive to me. I can get in-depth with it if you like. Then you have what I would call the average “Christian” in this country...and please don’t take offense with this either...I find it personally wonderful that people can have such a thing as “faith” since I can’t seem to find it for myself...so the average “christian”...I think most are walking, talking, hypocrites...if one were to really follow the teachings of Jesus, you would basically be a monk, no possessions, helping those that society looks down upon, you certainly wouldn’t be a conservative republican....lol. But no, I’m not saying those who really put the effort out there to be good people and to follow the teachings of Jesus are not wonderful, beautiful people...it’s the rest of them...the group that thinks cutting funds to food stamp programs is somehow going to “help” the poor....and then they even stand behind Bible verses that they twist to make themselves feel better....it’s the combination of Christianity in the US and the greed oozing from the pores of our nation...somehow everyone seems to have forgotten that it’s a deadly sin, that Jesus even said it would be impossible for a rich man to get into heaven...somehow the poor in the US have been stigmatized into lazy, drug using, welfare queens with 8 kids, who are usually not white....it’s fucking sick and perverse...I’m sure Jesus would feel the same way Fox news and most people who claim to be “Christian” about the poor, the sick, the drug using, the thieves, murderers, etc, etc...
There are some wonderful Christians out there, there are many here on the forum I consider good friends. I myself have belief in parts of the Bible, I do believe that Jesus existed, taught and did many of the things written there. I just wish those real Christians would outnumber the pseudo-Christians...or at the very least would be just as vocal.
My own beliefs stretch across many religions...I follow, and study, and ascribe to, those things that make sense to me...just as it would be for anyone.
I am a huge skeptic, but many of the things about the “soul” or the energies that make us “us” have been either, scientifically proven, or can be explained by theories of quantum physics, which is more concrete for me than letting go and having “faith”.

Thank you, I'm glad to not have offended you. It's hard to guage how important certain topics or beliefs are to people, especially on the internet, but it seems you hold a very open mind when it comes to religious and spiritual matters, which is, at least where I live, a very hard trait to come by. I can best describe my journey to discovering the mysteries of life as traveling through a maze. All religions and spiritual paths begin at its entrance. Most of the religions I've explore have led me to dead ends, where they don't quite capture the true nature of reality. I have found that following a more spiritual path, as well as a more naturalistic approach to life, has brought me closer to understanding this reality and makes me feel as if I'm closer to the exit. It could be that this maze I'm in doesn't have an exit and I'm going to run into one dead end after another, maybe I'm in the wrong maze, but I think that perhaps I'll arrive at a point where a dead end becomes another set of passages to be explored when I reach that point, kind of like a door opening into a room full of other doors. Only time will tell.

[MENTION=5045]Skarekrow[/MENTION] [MENTION=6917]sprinkles[/MENTION]

Should I quote myself, I guess ... yes ... even if it sounds deuce-y ... soooo ...

BAM!

Never give up on learning something new, even the greatest lie hides a little bit of truth.

Thank you, I'm glad to not have offended you. It's hard to guage how important certain topics or beliefs are to people, especially on the internet, but it seems you hold a very open mind when it comes to religious and spiritual matters, which is, at least where I live, a very hard trait to come by. I can best describe my journey to discovering the mysteries of life as traveling through a maze. All religions and spiritual paths begin at its entrance. Most of the religions I've explore have led me to dead ends, where they don't quite capture the true nature of reality. I have found that following a more spiritual path, as well as a more naturalistic approach to life, has brought me closer to understanding this reality and makes me feel as if I'm closer to the exit. It could be that this maze I'm in doesn't have an exit and I'm going to run into one dead end after another, maybe I'm in the wrong maze, but I think that perhaps I'll arrive at a point where a dead end becomes another set of passages to be explored when I reach that point, kind of like a door opening into a room full of other doors. Only time will tell.
I have often thought that even though (most likely) we won’t really have an understanding of this life until we are ironically dead...lol....at least I will have tried to have done a thorough exploration of what life is, what our soul (energy) is, what God is or isn’t....or there is always the chance it will all just go black when we die, in which case we won’t know to care or feel bad, and also in which case the idea of us as nothing but a biological computer and nothing more will still be unconfirmed. But I feel there is something more than that.Even if there is nothing when we die, there is still the effect your life had on others that are still living...who knows how the things you did or didn’t do will effect the future, so in a sense - you still live on in a way...sort of a butterfly effect on life in general. It’s nice to think that something you did, or said, changed something for the better. It’s a more egotistical view if one ascribes to that idea of death....to think it wasn’t all for naught.
But, I tend to lean toward the idea of some sort of existence after our physical death...I don’t think that Bible or other holy books had it all wrong....but I don’t think they had it all right either. I’m just trying to fill those gaps I guess....and I do it the only way I know how...through logic, science, and a touch of faith...though like I said, my “faith” is a hard road for me to walk.

Reactions: t56hg2bv and muir
[video=youtube;adyqBP5selM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adyqBP5selM&feature=share&list=PL2C2FBAB7E 002EE3E&index=4[/video]

[video=youtube_share;RHuvW7YaGjQ]http://youtu.be/RHuvW7YaGjQ[/video] [MENTION=5750]Shaqie[/MENTION]
It’s all about your avatar....enjoy! lol

@Skarekrow

I hope to not offend here, and this is not directed at you, but I can't help but notice the parallels between waiting for the Messiah's second coming and waiting for the ascension, and how certain people claim to know when or how it is going to happen. I'm just a little skeptical that anyone is confident enough to assert these as truths to begin with. How does anyone know this? The universe is billions of years old and homo sapiens only recently emerged in the grand scheme of things, and the universe will probably continue to exist with or without us for billions of more years. I don't see any of us going anywhere anytime soon, unless we get wiped out by an asteroid or destroy each other first.

The thing is, I find it perfectly fine to believe in a soul and higher energies and some people are tapped into it more so than others, but at some point one has to accept their professions as faith and hope that you can also attain what they have attained and believe that they are right. I just don't think I can live my life like that, but at the same time, I am entirely captivated by the thought that we are energies that exist independently from our bodies and that there are other dimensions and planes of existence. I just don't know that there are and this keeps me from departing from reality, I guess.

Again, I hope to have not offended anyone.

This is interesting observation. There are two thoughts concerning the ascension and second coming of christ. In one hand; you have those who believe in the literal return of Christ as there are such specific details written in the scriptures from aroun the world' described with fire and upheaval - what could be translated into modern times as an out of space event or perhaps the axis of earth will shift again to create huge physical changes. Then the second view is the idea that Christ consciousness is being born again in humans on earth to teach and guide humanity once again. The concurrent theme of moving out of the dark ages and being guided by ascended masters is being displayed as it did happen on Earth in the past. Many philosophers and seers believe the ascension is the Christ conscousness being born in children (Indigo children) and also those who wish to awaken to the greater truth and rediscover a higher purpose or ascension of one's soul. Either way there is definitely a shift happening around the world and spiritual war is happening but it not a religious godlike wars but between those who are awakening and seeking answers and those who cling to the old, fabricated truths.

I especially enjoyed this one...

[video=youtube_share;jPkX0iOVX18]http://youtu.be/jPkX0iOVX18[/video]

Something interesting to watch

[video=youtube;zI_F4nOKDSM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zI_F4nOKDSM[/video]
Fascinating video [MENTION=5750]Shaqie[/MENTION] (see, I finally wrote you back....lol).
His theory has gotten mixed reception....mostly because there is currently no testable experiment to support it. But there have been good reactions too....mainly from the more philosophical side as opposed to say, a quantum physicist.

@Skarekrow
Disharmony is only a Dirty Trick of Negative Thinking.

Just like with music, people run away with their desires and they frame things subjectively around 'good' or 'bad'. Some people don't like a certain kind of music, and some don't ever want to like it because they'd like to define themselves as discerning. Rather than adapt they'd keep to their own outdated rules and create their own problems while other people who "don't know good music" (don't fit outdated rules) get along just fine. This some times even leads the one to ask "How can you even like this??" when the fact is the one has harbored and fed their own dislike. In a way they're responsible for it.

[video=youtube;LnuOG2K1EVc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnuOG2K1EVc[/video]

[video=youtube;N3AozZHa10w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3AozZHa10w[/video]
True, but if we all just walked around stating factual information then I think we would stifle creativity...it is our likes and dislikes that fuel the progress of certain music, art, movies, etc. Without our being subjective in our opinion making, then certain ideas would never reach fruition. Yes, the general public is basically - retarded....but that is what makes certain breakthroughs all the more interesting when they crack that mold.

...Ghosts...this is my theory on ghosts. I think that ghosts are created/manifested when intentional energy is repetitively or very strongly imprinted into the interconnected matrix. This imprint becomes like an 'entity' of its own...but it is not real, it is just a part of the illusory matrix. You know when you walk into a room and you can tell that people have been fighting, or angry, or that something really sad, chaotic, horrific, or amazing has happened? This is because we can pick up the vibrations still in the room. When something very intense happens or when something happens consistently, this creates am imprint of vibration, that can be picked up by other people when they enter that space. People can strengthen or weaken these imprints by feeding their own intentions into it. This energy can be positive or negative in nature. Some places have a nice feel, others have a uncomfortable feel. We can use purposeful intention, and things like sage and water to clear this energy. I use sage regularly to clean spaces, and tools like my tarot cards and crystals.
I think you are pretty right-on about how and why there are ghosts....I think some of what people perceive to be ghost though (not that there aren’t ghosts, because there are) could be their own minds projecting.
I have had several run-ins with ghost in my lifetime...at least I think they were ghosts, the possibility exists that I, or someone else projected energy, or were out of body.
The first time anything ever happened was when I was about 5 or 6 years old...my older brother had a remote controlled R2D2 that he got for Christmas...it was put away in the styrofoam mold, back in the box, under the bed....we had bunk beds and I slept on the bottom. I woke up in the middle of the night and wasn’t quite awake...I kept hearing a faint noise...a grinding, or buzzing, with beeps...lol....it’s funny to me now when I think of it. Anyhow, the realization hit me all of the sudden, which caused me to fully wake that this was coming through the mattress directly under my head...I jumped out of bed screaming bloody murder and ran down the hall the my parent’s room. So this was all dismissed as a fluke. About a week or two later, my brother left it up on the dresser...I woke to see this little red light moving back and forth (along with the sound of the motor and the beeps it would make occasionally) and same thing, I ran screaming from the room. This was dismissed by my parents as - radio waves being picked up....um-hmm....at 2 or 3 in the morning? Really? I still don’t buy that...this was in the early 80’s too when there was far less “wave pollution” from cell phones and the like.
Come to find out later that maybe around that same time, perhaps a bit sooner (not the same day, just in general)....both my parents were sitting in the living room watching TV when they heard a loud deep moan come from the bedroom....too deep for a child to make....my Dad went and grabbed his billy-club he kept by his bed as he was sure that someone had climbed through our window. My Dad was someone who had pretty good reactions when it came to danger vs bullshit...being a Vietnam War veteran gave him pretty good instincts...if there was a chance it was my brother or me, he would have known...just as any parent can recognize the voice of their own child, even when they make funny voices.
Anyhow, he ran in there fully expecting to fight someone....but no, windows closed, both of us asleep...nothing out of place. He searched the whole house....then searched outside too - nothing.
That voice was pretty freaky apparently, at least according to my Mom.
That is just part of my childhood...there is much more, both then, and much more recently....I’ll write some more about them in another post.

[video=youtube_share;RHuvW7YaGjQ]http://youtu.be/RHuvW7YaGjQ[/video] [MENTION=5750]Shaqie[/MENTION]
It’s all about your avatar....enjoy! lol

I am highly aware of the flower of life my friend. I am even capable of drawing it. The only thing I can draw in fact!

I am highly aware of the flower of life my friend. I am even capable of drawing it. The only thing I can draw in fact!
I was quite sure you were aware of it since it is your avatar and all...lol.

True, but if we all just walked around stating factual information then I think we would stifle creativity...it is our likes and dislikes that fuel the progress of certain music, art, movies, etc. Without our being subjective in our opinion making, then certain ideas would never reach fruition. Yes, the general public is basically - retarded....but that is what makes certain breakthroughs all the more interesting when they crack that mold.

Well the point was that life is art and negative thinking stifles creativity. The only fact here is that people act as if their subjective is objective and they go around calling others pussies and brostep faggots.

This creates a suffocating aura which causes people to desire same-ness, because many people want to feel safe and accepted in their work. Because of this many are afraid to go out of the box - they don't even know how to go out of the box - since they are taught that inside the box is familiar and safe. Outside the box is chaos, it can be scary and crazy and weird for those who are not initiated to it, but there's nothing wrong with it because rules don't exist there. Even without rules though, chaos tends towards an equilibrium, and in that way you can make it be anything you choose.

An example is that many find the sounds in the above songs to be harsh, like somebody screaming in their ear for 5 minutes. But it's only like that because they've decided it is so - it is not a fact. Personally I can relax to this music because I don't judge it. There is something natural and meditative to it which goes beyond opinion, and if you pay attention, many of the sounds have a similar texture to Mongolian throat singing and the like, or even some Buddhist chants. In a way, sound itself is the music of the earth and the stars.

1461081_399458980185427_1052279576_n.jpg

1476008_399267016871290_1672244155_n.jpg

995583_739006422794010_1401258294_n.jpg