Meaningful Movies | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Meaningful Movies

What a great movie!

The Basketball Diaries also are very deep to me. Probably just because of my personal history and how I relate to the story.

Into the Wild is great!! and The basketball Diaries is held dearly for me too due to the way I relate to it.

In fact, the movies I like the most are ones whome I can relate to in some way!

for Fe users - The Devil Wears Prada

Am

Into the Wild is great!! and The basketball Diaries is held dearly for me too due to the way I relate to it.

In fact, the movies I like the most are ones whome I can relate to in some way!

You must really relate to Hollywood mindlessness if you can relate to Disney Movies.

I bet you ain't never seeen those mov-ies.

I didn't phrase that like I wish I would have. Suffice it to say that yes I have seen them, and yes I am shallow enough to enjoy their mindless simplicity - sometimes.

Trainspotting. It made me appreciate the life I have oh so very much.

Waking Life is another. But this one just blows my mind on so many different levels.

Waking Life is another. But this one just blows my mind on so many different levels.

Trainspotting was a great movie! And I agree with you TDHT, it makes you appreciate your life soo much. However, I so wanted to try heroin after watching the film lol....jk :p

Wow I love both of them loads!

Last Dawn: I totally wanted to try heroin after that movie xD

You must really relate to Hollywood mindlessness if you can relate to Disney Movies.

Not at all, I hate that actually...
I like some Disney movies because of my love for romanticism and fairy tale endings. :mf:

Last edited:
The Machinist - very good as dealing with issues of trauma and denial.... and a lot of ther depressing stuff.
Donnie Darko - dealt well with issues of people becoming isolated by their thoughts and the idea of time paradox.
The Piano - Very emotional, good at capturing the intensity of love.
Requiem for a Dream - really painful to watch. Puts you off drugs for life.

Eh... quite a few more, but my memory sucks ^^"

I can't think of any, so The Matrix

And certain parts of Superman Returns

Meaningful movies? As in movies that changed something for me, my way of thinking etc.? Well there are tons of films that are meaningful to me, each in another way. If I have to name some: Taxi Driver had quite an impact on me. It changed my way of thinking in relation to some aspects of life. It changed my view on themes as insanity and alienation, as it gives you the opportunity to place yourself in the mind of someone you think you would never understand. The disturbing nature of it had me analyzing it for days.

A Clockwork Orange: changed my perception of al lot of things: violence, how people change under the influence of society, .. very much in the same way as with the previous film.

Bin-jip. Just.. powerful, without words. This one really affected me emotionally.

Last edited:
If I have to name some: Taxi Driver had quite an impact on me. It changed my way of thinking in relation to some aspects of life. It changed my view on themes as insanity and alienation, as it gives you the opportunity to place yourself in the mind of someone you think you would never understand. The disturbing nature of it had me analyzing it for days.

Let's just get married.

The cutest and most touching movie ever!
I will never forget it. It's the reason I do what I do. Pay it Forward.

[youtube] <object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JvbgetKzrmA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JvbgetKzrmA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Some pretty standard answers here but as follows:

~Forrest Gump--It says a lot about the nature of man and the true value of intelligence vs. common sense. Kindness really can kill......

~ Amadeus--A wonderful expose on the inner working of genius and how they don't necessarily follow convention. Blazingly funny too! And ultimately tragic!

~The Last Samurai--One man's search for truth and meaning amongst the chaos of his life. It's beautifully filmed and acted. It brings a quiet calm just watching it.

samurai_4_800.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Odyne
Deja Vu
Matrix
Gladiator
BraveHeart
Batman Begins
The Celestine Prophecy

Last edited:
Groundhog Day