MBTI third option theory | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

MBTI third option theory

It would be a better description than the usual x, but would open up the scale to a ridiculous amount of more types (81 to be exact).

To nitpick. There would actually be 65 more types, not 81, as you have to subtract the already existing 16 types...

What if the MBTI types were given a third option for each axis that is slight to mild?

Introvert, Extrovert, Ambivert.
iNtuitive, Sensing, Biperceptual.
Feeling, Thinking, Conscientious.
Judging, Perceiving, Discerning.

And therefore, a fully balanced person would be an ABCD.

I would be an ANFJ because I'm very close on my I an E axis.

My INTJ friend who has a very strong F function would be an INCJ.

It would be a better description than the usual x, but would open up the scale to a ridiculous amount of more types (81 to be exact).

Interesting theory.

I think I'd be something like an ANCJ.

INCP

INCJ; perhaps even IBCJ

Haha, VH you come up with the most interesting theories. I love it!

Then definitely ANFJ, and possible ANCD. :D

I would still be an INTP.

My real life INFJ friend would probably become an ANCJ.

I'm not sure how the attitudes of various functions would make any sense in such a system though.

I would still be an INTP.

My real life INFJ friend would probably become an ANCJ.

I'm not sure how the attitudes of various functions would make any sense in such a system though.

Oh don't worry: they wouldn't.

So let's start using this system in settings on this forum, so where it says MBTI under our avatar I can be an INTD or maybe an INCD.

According to your system, I'm:

ANCP
Ambivert iNtuitive Conscientious Perceiving

Closest in type to:

bananaphone (ANCD)

Shaz (ANCD)

Pristinegirl (ANCD)

TheDaringHatTrick (ANCJ)

Odyne (possible ANCD)

and ... ?

:m168:

!

So let's start using this system in settings on this forum, so where it says MBTI under our avatar I can be an INTD or maybe an INCD.

One step ahead of ya~!

Here's something I posted a long time ago in response to someone suggesting the idea of Ambiversion, and why I think it's very confusing:

If you want me to offer my version of this, I guess I'll play too. Presuming I believed in dynamic type (which I am not saying I do one way or the other, I'm just accepting the assumption for the purposes of description), this is how I would go:

I/A/E (Introverted, Ambiverted, Extraverted)

N/R/S (iNtuitive, Realist, Sensor)

F/B/T (Feeling, Balanced, Thinking)

J/M/P (Judging, Malleable, Perceiving)

Thus (as examples using I-N-F-J as the potential statics in each position, and assuming Dominant, Auxiliary, Tertiary, Inferior ordering):

ARBM -- Xx, Xx, Xx, Xx (Everything is subject to change completely, although the functions are in an unknowable specific pattern at any given moment. Worst case scenario.)

IRBM -- Xi, Xe, Xi, Xe (Well, the I/E is static... everything else is dynamic.)

INBM -- Xi, Xe [N], Xi, Xe (We know one in the first block is N, and one in the second block is S, but we don't know what kind or where... and it can change.)

INFM -- Xi, Xe [NF], Xi Xe [ST] (We now know this is an INF with an EST shadow. However, the functions are subject to change, except that the first block contains some form of Feeling and Intuition, and the second block contains some form of Thinking and Sensing.)

ARBJ -- Xx, Xx [Je Pi], Xx, Xx [Ji Pe] (We only know that this type has Extraverted Judgment and Introverted perception in the first block, and Introverted Judgment and Extroverted perception in the second block.)

IRBJ -- Pi, Je, Ji, Pe (This is an IJ type. They use some form of Introverted perception as a dominant function, and some form of Extroverted Judgment as an Auxiliary. The specifics are subject to change.)

INBJ -- Ni, Je, Ji, Se (This is an INJ type. They use Ni and have inferior Se, and use some kind of Aux. Extroverted judgement and Tertiary Introverted Judgment that is subject to change.

ARFJ -- Xx, Xx [Fe] Xx, Xx [Ti]. (This type uses Fe in the first block and has a Ti shadow somewhere in the second block, however the specific location and accompanying functions are subject to change.)

IRFJ -- Pi Fe Ti Pe (This is an IFJ type. They have some Introverted perception as dominant, Fe auxiliary and Ti tertiary, and then Extraverted perception as a shadow.)

ANFJ -- Xx, Xx [Ni Fe] Xx, Xx [Ti Se] (This is an NFJ type. They have either Ni or Fe as dominant, and the other as auxiliary, but which is subject to change. The same applies to their shadow.)

ANBM -- Xx, Xx [N] Xx, Xx (I/E not static, otherwise same as INBM.)

ARFM -- Xx, Xx [F] Xx, Xx [T] (J/P not static, otherwise same as ARFJ. Somewhere in first block is Fe or Fi, somewhere in second is Ti or Te. Exact position subject to change.)

Anyway, this should give you an idea of what we've opened up here with permitting dynamic type... we need to use these models to figure out which functions are possible for each position with each letter of certainty. I don't want to try it with every letter combination, of course.

This complexity, unfortunately, does not mean such dynamic type isn't the case, however. Some people may have significantly higher degrees of neuroplasticity than others, and this may be the best they can do.

Do you see how annoyingly complicated this makes things?

Probably ISCP... maybe even IBCP...

ANFD

Probably ISCP... maybe even IBCP...
My thoughts exactly ^^.
I don't think I could fit on anyhalfway really, I'm pretty weak in S, I've sometimes tested with P or T but I dunno how much I could be INCD. Considering the amount of time I spend here, or how much a desire some regular human contact, maaaaybe A, big maybe.
Still think INFJ is fitting, since I use Ti after Fe and not Te very much if ever.

My thoughts exactly ^^.
I don't think I could fit on anyhalfway really, I'm pretty weak in S, I've sometimes tested with P or T but I dunno how much I could be INCD. Considering the amount of time I spend here, or how much a desire some regular human contact, maaaaybe A, big maybe.
Still think INFJ is fitting, since I use Ti after Fe and not Te very much if ever.

Haha, this is just for fun anyway. You're INCJ for sure, maybe even INCD.

INCJ I think:m131: