people vs the bad people?
Donor
Oct 3, 2009
MBTI
enfp
Enneagram
-
Done that? Know someone who did?

Never paid close attention to how much, but sometimes been in such a period for more than half a year. And felt great. It... redefines your relationship with people. Helps you examine very carefully how they talk and what they say, what they would really like to say instead, etc.

Reactions: Morgain
I have never had that luxury, but I have gone the weekend without speaking to anyone. Now I get out a bit more. That said, I do enjoy the silence inasmuch as it is more the exception than the rule with work and all.

I spent an entire year in middle school not hanging out with anyone. A lot of my high school career fluctuated between seeing friends and hiding within myself. I don't think this is a problem for people who are introverted. We need time to inspect ourselves and recharge. This can take varying amounts of time depending on how introspective you are.

I tend to lose contact with people because of my need to be alone. I do have some friends that know this about me and have just come to accept that I'll disappear for awhile and show up out of the blue. Right now I'm in a state where I see people a lot on the weekends but try to be alone or just with one person I feel really connected to during the week (which is really only one person).

I haven't been able to "get away" for long periods of time. Last summer I spent a four day weekend at my Grandmother's cottage by myself, some booze, and a guitar.

A lot of thinking/songwriting/rambling to myself occurred, and it was great. Those four days were some of the best of my life.

Reactions: Blind Bandit
I haven't been able to "get away" for long periods of time. Last summer I spent a four day weekend at my Grandmother's cottage by myself, some booze, and a guitar.

A lot of thinking/songwriting/rambling to myself occurred, and it was great. Those four days were some of the best of my life.

I'd replace the booze, but this sounds amazing. I spent some time in The Up (for those versed in Michigander) one year and staring at the stars, surrounded by a lake and the trees was one of the best experiences of my life.

I have never had that luxury
The sad consequence of urbanization. In the 19th century and before that, people got that luxury by default. I can't help thinking about how much more thoughtful, introspective and creative they have been, also living surrounded by nature, and with healthy unstressful lifestyle.

I'll disappear for awhile and show up out of the blue.
I do that too. I think this is more a P thing, than I/E, because P means Ti or Fi is higher than Te or Fe. Judgers have Te or Fe so they are more unlikely to do such ("irresponsible") thing, even when they are introverts and interaction drains them.

Those four days were some of the best of my life.
Amazing. Imagine if most people lived like that for most of the time. And then we wonder why music isn't as good as it has been. (right?)

I'd replace the booze, but this sounds amazing. I spent some time in The Up (for those versed in Michigander) one year and staring at the stars, surrounded by a lake and the trees was one of the best experiences of my life.
Nah, the booze was a requirement. The recordings from that weekend are rather hilarious; well the ones that didn't get purged from my computer when I was sober. So I guess that means one track is hilarious, but I digress.

You've spent time in Michigan?!

I feel I need to do this more often that I get to.

I have managed to go for a day with not talking to anyone but that seems like another lifetime ago.

With a people orrientated job, two children with one being an imense extrovert and a partner, I usually find myself swimming in a foggy state of "Duh"... when I'm at home at the end of the day, lol. I often look at my residents and my family when I am interracting with them and get lost in space and do not hear them anymore. It's all a blur now, as I sigh and drag my ass to bed each night!

Ideal vacation: One month straight of being at home with the three other members in my household having laryngitis and unable to talk. Plus, everyone's smiling and happy while they cook and clean for me and serve me my meals in bed...

p.s. Ecton knows how it goes :D

Last edited:
After poor results of my academic year, 12th std. I could not talk to anyone, not even with parents. They were upset with my result. Nobody could understand me at that time. I could do this because i was full of sadness.

In future, i will never do this. I know, how much it hurts when you don't talk with anyone.

Reactions: Morgain
I

last weekend I spend alone in Barcelona. Ofcourse I talked to the hotel management, and people like that. But I didn't speak with anyone I know, visited all those increadible buildings and places all by myself without having to discuss it with others, without having to engage in small talk to fill up the silent moments and IT WAS GREAT!!!!!!!!!

I feel like I have had a deaper experience of the place than I would have had with people around me. I feel liberated, like a big wave of clean water has run through my brain, refreshed! It brought me in a deeper contact with myself and less worries about other peoples needs. And I didn't feel alone most of the time). I hope I can hold on to this and go back to this feeling whenever I need it!

WHEN I get holidays, I'll take off into remote places... or to the coast and I'll spend two or three weeks straight without speaking to anyone.

Looking forward to these weeks of solitude keeps my going.

For a very long time. I been pretty much a loner almost all my life. Recently conversations have sprouted but that's about it. Sometimes it feels so great but I can get extremely lonely other times.

Sometimes, I try to spend time away, withdrawing from the world, but i always eventually feel guilty for doing it, although it's emotionally draining to be constantly engaged.

Sometimes, I try to spend time away, withdrawing from the world, but i always eventually feel guilty for doing it, although it's emotionally draining to be constantly engaged.

I also feel guilty for it. Maybe not realy guilty but like "I'm not supposed to do it" or "look at the poor thing walking alone all by herself, how pathetic" ... Although it is my own choice it always feels like "I'm not supposed to want to make that choice in the first place" you know what I mean?

Reactions: Gaze
I do it a lot. Comes with the ISTP territory.

I also feel guilty for it. Maybe not realy guilty but like "I'm not supposed to do it" or "look at the poor thing walking alone all by herself, how pathetic" ... Although it is my own choice it always feels like "I'm not supposed to want to make that choice in the first place" you know what I mean?

Yep, you said it better than I did. Especially at this age, I think, "I should be past this need to withdraw and get over it."

Yep, you said it better than I did. Especially at this age, I think, "I should be past this need to withdraw and get over it."

yes, you it is not the way you should live your life, you should know that by now :w: I'm always dragged between "wanting to express who I am" and 'wanting to do what I'm supost to do'