Life should be fun | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Life should be fun

I ALWAYS try to have as much fun in whatever I do. Of course, its not always possible, but I try ;)

April said:
also @Billy you said we should try to make a difference for the benefit of all. why exactly is this important? (outside of it being a nice thing to do?)

I believe all humans have an obligation to make the world a better place in any way they can for the future generations. Its not based on anything specifically logical other then that it would benefit our species, morally though I think its imperative that people have a sense of humanitarian duty to inject more positive force into the world then they take out of it.

INTP vs INFJ summed up right here...

The word "should" should die in a fire. :D (Yes, I noticed.)
Noooo I like that word, it clarifies an important philosophical point. Unless there is intrinsic meaning behind morality, and "being good" there really is no reason we "should" do it.

I guess we should also define 'fun', since for some people it might mean doing 'nothing', constant partying, recklessness, etc. and for others "fun in life" might more so mean thriving, learning, growing, taking on responsibility, or whatever else rocks their boat that's typically considered to be productive. Many people fall somewhere in between and balance both, but I think it's a worthy distinction.

Yup.

Don't you agree? If you're not enjoying what you're doing, or at least working towards a point in your life when you can be happier and have more fun, then you're not really living. Or is this a reckless, selfish mentality to have?

I don't think selfish thinking at all.
Its healthy to be happy and enjoy day to day life. It only starts to become unhealthy when you only start thinking about yourself and don't give a toss about anyone else in your daily life and start creating unrealistic ideals (that sounds familiar...) everyone's definition of happiness and fun is different. Of course we must not confuse fun and happiness with greed, there's a difference. To bring happiness to others requires you to be happy. For me jumping in the ring and sparring and having a bloody nose by the end of the round is fun, whether for most people its not. Its good to have positive goals to strive towards, in many ways it makes life worth living.

Last edited:
Life should be like a box of chocolates.

The problem is that if you are like myself, chances are you are going to enjoy very piece of chocolate that you devour. I could take out the entire box in one sitting.

That's a perspective anyway. One can choose to see things that way.

That said, to say life should be this, and therefore by definition, not be any number of thats, is quite limiting.

Also, expectation is a bitch in that it sometimes leads to disappointment. :wink:

cheers,
Ian

Reactions: Siamese cat
My daddy hasn't taken the Tbird away yet...

My thoughts are, "If I'm not having fun, I'm doing it wrong."

You're absolutely right.

I'm now going to listen to you
:mhula::mhula::mhula::mhula::mhula: everybody dance now OOH ooh ooh ooh ooh YMCA lets go to the YMCA :mxmas::m030::m040::m2::m159::m159::m159::m159::m2::m2::m2::m2::m149::m149::m149::m149::m180::m129::m166x::m166x::m151::m036::m036::m036::m036::m036::m036::m036::m085::m028:

~~~ EVERYBODY WAS KUNG FU FIGHTING ~~~

HOO HA HOO HA NA NANANANA NANANANANANA BEST FRIEND BESTFRIEND OOOOOH DO YOU HAVE A BEST FRIEND TOO
objects-with-faces-nooo-im-not-recyclable.jpeg
OH NOES THIS GUY NO RECLYCLABEZ
WAT WE GUNA DO!!

DO U WISH UR GIRLFRIEND WAS AS HOT AS ME?????? YA 2 BAD SHES NOT LOLOLOLOLOL :d :d :d :d :d

kindaweirdp1.gif

omgogmogmogmogmwatisthis

Think I'm childish, immature & all?
(you're a bit right o.o)
Your problem :p

Clown.jpg

[MENTION=3072]Royal[/MENTION]
This is my favourite post of the month.
I wish I could give you 100 rep points for this.

Don't you agree? If you're not enjoying what you're doing, or at least working towards a point in your life when you can be happier and have more fun, then you're not really living. Or is this a reckless, selfish mentality to have?

For some reason I associate fun with P types and in general with spontaneity which I seriously lack sometimes, but Ps seem to have it more than enough to share it with us stuck up J types. :D

I agree that life should be fun and not taken too seriously, though I'm not really living by that all the time, but I do my best to do so.

I also think that if taken to the extreme, it can be reckless and selfish, but then again, isn't that the case with everything taken to the extreme.

Last edited:

Naw, I tend to agree.. problem is society demands different. It's awfully hard to have fun when your very life depends on largely enslaving yourself to the enrichment of others in exchange for basic indispensables like, you know, food, shelter, etc. They'll tax you just for the land you might otherwise use to supply these things to yourself! .. you know, or arrest you for loitering or whatever the appropriate term might be.

I'm not saying people CAN'T be happy participating in and contributing to society... but so far no society has been good for EVERYONE within it. Let's keep working on that.

agree, but everything in moderation i say :m052:

life is meant to be about intention, and intentions are meant to be fun. when your unhappy in what you do it means you are repressing your energy and then enter a kind of hypnosis away from that reality because it isn't fun and somewhere along the lines unlearn fun and get bogged down with responsibility and reality. concreteness of a kind where people have to quite literally go to how to...laughing classes. to relearn how to have a bit of fun in their lives. but then its another kind of hypnosis that is conditional on the condition of the conditional that that is the proper way to life when its merely a thought expression. and a thought expression of the mind is entirely different from the intuitive expression of the heart. and the heart knows while the mind flows. shrugs.