Let's talk about women in powerplay | Page 9 | INFJ Forum

Let's talk about women in powerplay

"No living man am I! You look upon a woman." - Éowyn

The power in women is not that we can defeat a Witch King with a blade to the face, but rather that we can (and have to) conquer all fears while staying the pedestal on which men stand and flaunt their balls.

@MINFJToothFairy - Is it my imagination, or is there too much testosterone in the air?

Hmmm... What would powerful women do? Ah. Gracefully summon serenity.

giphy.gif

Do we have official match up threads? You know like, an online boxing ring?

Spa night's on me girls. I've got wine, cheese, bubbles, saunas, and a masseuse with strong hands. Yes?

Girls only. Boys not allowed.

What about those who don't identify with a binary view of gender?

What about those who don't identify with a binary view of gender?

Hmmm... Good question. We'll set a different spa date for that. Although now you got me intrigued. I work with a higher up that is openly gay. I wonder what he had to do to survive in a relatively sexist society. Oh I heard all the rumors but still. God. Gossip is so rawr.

I don't think I know what you mean by 'Natural Order', unless you're referring to Malthusian population controls, &c. But otherwise, this is an argument based upon your personal values (e.g. that 'balance' and 'harmony' are preferable to quality of life or limits to human suffering), and so there it must end since we've reached foundational axioms and mine are different to yours.

Wow that's a lot of ad hominems. Attack the idea, not the man. By my count, you owe me at least three apologies.

Actually, there are quite a few logicaly fallacies involed that are not ad hominem, most involve begging the question, false dilemma -- as soon as opinion is mentioned -- one should consider authority, majority, emotion and ridicule.

As for cogent or fallicious, it takes quite a bit to argue and speak like a prophet or a philospher, and the bible says to weary of false ones, this may qualify...

My humble attempt to enlighten this with Logos, his holy word. (appeal to ridiculle, but *ssh*).

Such as, there are induction and deducation, rules and concepts, logic and semantics.

Nobody here is on a pillar of reflection, words of their own or independent arguments and thoughts.

Belief does not factor into into it, what one has read does not.

@Deleted member 16771 thanks for the quick like, and as you notcied, I'm editing stuff.

To encourage a grounding with personall exchanges of thoughts and impressions.
A premise can be agreed on, defined and discussed.
The many conseuqnces, interpations and associations discussed..

This being said, I have won an argument on INTJ-Open about the omniscient and omnipotent god being evil. On the other hand, I think I can argue that this is required to exists for reason, thus, the image of god referene for man as a thinking being comes with a duty to think and reflect due to the gift of reason. And here, we are in perfect agreement with the orient, as this is what Feng Shui means, but be good. As evident, Feng Shui involes aspects of comfort and surrounding often thought to be absurd, but one can belive that it matters, no need to discuss magnetic fields and orientation, respected men have proven it from peronal experience and observations by adherence to tradition and customs. An observable and imrpvoed differnce from the smallest rules and adjustments.

Side note: Worked out the best translation of Feng Shui to old Norse, and it is ástæða and is a compund word, life/love, blood/heart. Speaking of prophets, did you know that I was born Olav, and St. Olav being the Grand Cross in Norway? *tounge in cheek*

Last edited:
Let's talk about feminism in the workplace or in clear career paths. Any topic is welcome, but to start:

Would you consider yourself a feminist? Why or why not?

And/or

Feminist or not, tell us a story that you know which highlights either the oppression of women in the workplace, the disadvantages of being a woman in the workplace, the opportunities, the gains. Regardless what industry or field you're from, I'm interested to know your story.

I considered myself a feminist almost instantly as soon as I learned about it like 20 years ago and have later come to reject it on so many levels

Why not call it humanist

"Clear" career path... how very "J"

Careers are not given, so how can there be such a thing as "clear." It's this type of thinking that debilitates innovation in my opinion

Reactions: mintoots
I considered myself a feminist almost instantly as soon as I learned about it like 20 years ago and have later come to reject it on so many levels

Why not call it humanist

"Clear" career path... how very "J"

Careers are not given, so how can there be such a thing as "clear." It's this type of thinking that debilitates innovation in my opinion
Well innovation is bound to emerge whenever it is necessary. It is the grit to succeed that forces it out.

Contrasts

My new department chair is a man whereas the one who relentlessly trained me is a woman. The differences in their management skills are stark and quite odd. I was used to having a femme fatale boss who demanded the best in every thing. Every thing mattered. Every indention. Every comma.

My new boss is the exact opposite. He allows the use of recycled paper on important documents. He lets things pass. He just told me to give my best but if the best won't cut it, it's fine. I am superbly confused. This is new to me. I am a worker. This whole family man script is new to me.

Yet, I'm still in the office. My work is important to me. To me, this matters.

Of course the quality in their work is vaguely different. They are both good but much more different in lifestyles. This is really strange to me. Haha

I know tons of people who grit out garbage because something needed done
That's possibly because the core motivation for the grit has been flawed from the very beginning or grew too tired at one point. In any case, the end must be arrived at without sacrificing what has been done well thus far.

Let's talk about feminism in the workplace or in clear career paths. Any topic is welcome, but to start:

Would you consider yourself a feminist? Why or why not?

And/or

Feminist or not, tell us a story that you know which highlights either the oppression of women in the workplace, the disadvantages of being a woman in the workplace, the opportunities, the gains. Regardless what industry or field you're from, I'm interested to know your story.
Im a feminist, which was made by plenties of situations. My experience with men (father, uncles, neighbours and classmates, best friend and crush) was not very good. I feel pity for many women that I used to meet in my life. I dont hate men. I am just unlucky.

Im a feminist, which was made by plenties of situations. My experience with men (father, uncles, neighbours and classmates, best friend and crush) was not very good. I feel pity for many women that I used to meet in my life. I dont hate men. I am just unlucky.

There are plenty of good men. :)

My former student now works in the company i used to work in. Last year, she got married and got pregnant shortly thereafter. She's been in this company for a while. I trained her. She is good at her job. She's been scheduled for promotions for a while now, but has recently been taken over by men beneath her rank. The supervisor's reason for endorsement being that she's pregnant and that when she gives birth, she won't have enough time for the job anyway. Prick.

He also said he is never hiring women again. Note that he is the kind of husband that's inferior to his wife. Such weird polarities.

This guy is a serious ego tripper and a sexist too. However, funny how what goes around seems to come around anyway.

Unfortunately I'm a feminist.

I think that every woman should have the chance at making a decent living, not be forced into marriage, and have her human rights protected under the law.

You're not going to see me wearing a pink pussy hat though.