Let's talk about women in powerplay | Page 7 | INFJ Forum

Let's talk about women in powerplay

Iceland provides powerful women. Many are over 6 feet tall and can manage their departments at a payscale 15% greater than the men.
This got me thinking.

I got off work and went to a restaurant the other night. Is this life? Where's the excitement? Vehicle chases? Explosions? Supermodels?

I'm bored!

This got me thinking.

I got off work and went to a restaurant the other night. Is this life? Where's the excitement? Vehicle chases? Explosions? Supermodels?

I'm bored!
Agreed. The world should be more like an action movie, or at least a sitcom where we get to hang out at some local place with our hot rods and talk chicks. We are inundated with rhetoric and propaganda, but is there really anything actually happening? Where's Al's Diner, and where's the Fonz? (Happy Days).

Kim Jong is friends with anybody apparently, but all we hear about is how evil the guy is. I wouldn't be surprised if N Korea is actually just a hollywood mini series, and they forgot to tell the media, like the War of the World broadcast by Orson Welles.

I need fun and excitement. I want to hang out with people and do stupid things that make the girls roll their eyes at us, right before they all turn up the Grease soundtrack and start dancing and singing with each other to distract us from almost killing ourselves, by trying to see who can drive a lawn tractor up the side of a muddy embankment without it rolling over.

Last edited:
Okay okay. Enough of the play talk now guys. Put your toy swords and robots back into their boxes and let the mommies and the baby and big sistahs talk about how your dads and their beer belli3s are waaaay too full of themselves sometimes. Since we're talking stereotypes and all.

Now that we're at it though: have you ever been afraid of women in your lives?
Never.

Annoyed, yes. Afraid, no.

Okay okay. Enough of the play talk now guys. Put your toy swords and robots back into their boxes and let the mommies and the baby and big sistahs talk about how your dads and their beer belli3s are waaaay too full of themselves sometimes. Since we're talking stereotypes and all.
You're so cute.

You're so cute.
Lol the boys are cuter.

I've been afraid of women in my life. In fact, i've rarely ever been afraid of a man, except for my cousin and then the boys I fall for. All in all, I shit my pants more when the aunts are in it with the tone.

I wonder about the boys, though. Especially women they are not related to.

Let's talk about feminism in the workplace or in clear career paths. Any topic is welcome, but to start:

Would you consider yourself a feminist? Why or why not?

And/or

Feminist or not, tell us a story that you know which highlights either the oppression of women in the workplace, the disadvantages of being a woman in the workplace, the opportunities, the gains. Regardless what industry or field you're from, I'm interested to know your story.

I’m a woman but I don’t consider my self to be a feminist but I consider to be a strong woman. If I’m pushed just too far I’ll definitely have an opinion and speak it to who ever. I remember back when I was working I used to to wear my hair down more and people including my boss would treat me differently. Because of headaches I cut it a bit shorter and would wear it up . I noticed I wouldn’t get treated the same . It was hurtful and frustrating.

I actually tend to make friends easier with males. I’m not saying all women are like this but I run in to a lot of passive aggressiveness with them and I don’t really know how to respond because I either just keep it in or completely blurt it out. There’s not really an in between with me in that sense. I think I throw people off and it makes them uncomfortable because I seem unpredictable. I’m just guessing though. I have a difficult time understanding myself.

I think it’s difficult for everyone these days. There are so many pressures that the media pushes on us. How to be, how to look, how many talents how many friends , what’s your career. It’s like no one appreciates the simple things in life and if you are just simple you are looked at as not important. But everyone is important. We all make a difference it doesn’t have to be to an extreme. One of my favorite quotes I saw was “ if you don't think you can make a difference just look what one mosquito can do” a tiny small mosquito can reek havoc. I just imagine what a tiny bit of good can do.

I’m not sure if I got off topic. Ha ha I tend to do that.

I'm not a feminist cuz i have a dick and balls.. I dont want to have kids, I think... But I do wonder though.. Women that dont wanna have kids.. are they less in tune with their natural state of being? Are they woman in a different way? Cuz titties made to produce milk as far as I know. Sure I like to squeeze em too but more likely to tap dat ass though:grin:

Reactions: Pin and mintoots
I'm not a feminist cuz i have a dick and balls.. I dont want to have kids, I think... But I do wonder though.. Women that dont wanna have kids.. are they less in tune with their natural state of being? Are they woman in a different way? Cuz titties made to produce milk as far as I know. Sure I like to squeeze em too but more likely to tap dat ass though:grin:

Imagine how women who can't have kids actually feel. Difficult, yes?

I think women who choose to not have kids have their reasons. Some of us are afraid our mental disorders and genetic faults would be passed on. You know. Things the world doesn't need more of. Having kids is kind of selfish, don't you think? Though the journey will turn out to be selfless.

I actually tend to make friends easier with males. I’m not saying all women are like this but I run in to a lot of passive aggressiveness with them and I don’t really know how to respond because I either just keep it in or completely blurt it out. There’s not really an in between with me in that sense. I think I throw people off and it makes them uncomfortable because I seem unpredictable. I’m just guessing though. I have a difficult time understanding myself.

We are slightly alike in this sense. I tend to make friends with the guys, too because it's cool and easier. I can be friends with the girls as well but I'm more picky. I prefer the girls who are chill and there aren't many. Being friends with girls is fun. Make up, fashion and stuff.

Do you have career aspirations?

I'm curious though, why did you feel less happy when your colleagues stopped noticing your hair? I have long hair now, too. You're right, people notice it more.

ETA: Despite my rhetorical question above, as I know none of us want to see more litigation, I will not continue to discuss along these lines. This thread was intended for us to discuss women in power, and topics around such. I love this topic and don't want to see @MINFJToothFairy's thread wander off into a (sorry guys) male dominated conversation putting down society in general, women included. I doubt that was her intention. No need for that here... start your own thread, or join one of the many available already online.

I'm backing @MoonFlier on this. It's typical of men to to try to talk louder than the women, even in a thread ABOUT WOMEN.
Keep it on topic.

Edit: @MINFJToothFairy - I love that poster of all the female heroes. Almost posted it in the 'For Women' thread a while ago, too.