Let's talk about women in powerplay | Page 6 | INFJ Forum

Let's talk about women in powerplay

There is a new Netflix series out that is a glass blowing competition. While I hate competitive game shows as they are to some extent rigged (I feel this one is no different) there are some amazing artisans on there and I'm reminded of one of my favorite vacation spots, and so I binge watched it while sick.

Glass blowing is very physically demanding and is traditionally a man's field, however women have been coming into it more and more. There is one person in particular on this show who is all about feminism and showing the men what a strong woman can do. The problem is that she's one of those feminists: She's mean and picks on the other contestants and her assistants. She also works to make pieces that make others feel uncomfortable, which in itself is a form of manipulating the judges as they dare not question her art. I understand the show creators want to have a good variety of personalities on the show, but if they felt she embodies the ultimate strong woman, they're so wrong. I think she does us more harm than good.

Agreed. I've always believed that the truly strong don't rub their strength off on the faces of everyone they meet. How is that any different from bullying? True strength is in restraint and stillness.

Very Karate kid.

I agree wholeheartedly with @MINFJToothFairy. I have a hard time getting along with people who weaponize a cause or their ideals this way because everything is ripe for a challenge or offense.

Too little, too late. Europe's birthrates are shit too.

What we need is full-bore automation and UBI to turn that around.
Nah.

What we need to do is ban adultery, divorce, abortion, and contraception as well as offer universal healthcare and paid maternity leave.

Birth dates will skyrocket.

Nah.

What we need to do is ban adultery, divorce, abortion, and contraception as well as offer universal healthcare and paid maternity leave.

I don't actually disagree with you fully that often, but NO.

The United States needs federally mandated paid maternity leave.

Breed America! Breed!
In Japan, women are paid more to do maternity leaves for over a year. The government practically pays for the upbringing of every child but women still choose not to breed because they don't want to give up their careers. Maternity is widely seen in Japan as a sign of career weakness. In a country where every one thinks taking a paid leave is an abuse to co workers, what of women taking loooong corporate leaves of absence? It is also for this reason that women are barely promoted, especially the attractive ones because they have increased chances of getting married.

America is apparently blessed by God.

Nah.

You guys already know that my beliefs are often quite controversial, but that is only because I have rejected contemporary dogmas. The best thing that we can do for our civilization in this regard is to get rid of health insurance and Social Security programs. People will have to be nice to each other for a change. Parents will have to keep the respect of their children so that they will take care of them in their old age. People will have to live and die by the consequences of their personal health and/or birth deficiencies.

Otherwise known as "let mother nature do what she is best at, and quit screwing things up for her.

You guys already know that my beliefs are often quite controversial, but that is only because I have rejected contemporary dogmas. The best thing that we can do for our civilization in this regard is to get rid of health insurance and Social Security programs. People will have to be nice to each other for a change. Parents will have to keep the respect of their children so that they will take care of them in their old age. People will have to live and die by the consequences of their personal health and/or birth deficiencies.

Otherwise known as "let mother nature do what she is best at, and quit screwing things up for her.
Social Darwinism has already been tried, let's attempt Distributism now.

Typical response of what most healthy young men that I've known say. Their tunes all change as soon as they have kids, providing they stick around to raise those kids they created.

So, what's your stance on lawsuits, because if health care becomes all self-pay for everyone at all times, I can guarantee that the already overworked courthouses would be out of control with all the people looking for someone else to blame their condition on.

ETA: Despite my rhetorical question above, as I know none of us want to see more litigation, I will not continue to discuss along these lines. This thread was intended for us to discuss women in power, and topics around such. I love this topic and don't want to see @MINFJToothFairy's thread wander off into a (sorry guys) male dominated conversation putting down society in general, women included. I doubt that was her intention. No need for that here... start your own thread, or join one of the many available already online.

Last edited:
It was tried and worked successfully for millions of years. Why fix something that ain't broke?
It is broke, that's why agrarianism became feudalism, feudalism became capitalism, and capitalism became social democracy.

Government has a responsibility to care for the people by giving them the means to be self-sufficient and self-reliant: food, housing, public education, employment, national security, military, health care, social security, internet access, and a minimum standard of living.

Typical response of what most healthy young men that I've known say. Their tunes all change as soon as they have kids, providing they stick around to raise those kids they created.

So, what's your stance on lawsuits, because if health care becomes all self-pay for everyone at all times, I can guarantee that the already overworked courthouses would be out of control with all the people looking for someone else to blame their condition on.
excellent response. I am older than you think. The lawsuit argument is viable in the short term, but it isn't relevant in the long term, where equilibrium is concerned.

I think it is interesting that nature is seen to be "evil" in this respect, but I say it is the greed of people based on their inherent fear of death, that makes them want to defy natural order.

Do you believe that natural order is evil? If so, then explain why people care so much about the environment?

When I speak of truth, I find that most people often bury their heads in the sand, unwilling to look at themselves in the mirror. Now wouldn't it be better if people would just look at truth for what it is, and then use this clarity to help determine laws?

The kids argument I find absolutely gross. Working for as many decades as I have, I've witnessed, all too many times, where people turned from their values at the workplace, for fear that they would get fired for their own incompetence, or just to steal another buck. Often at someone else's expense.

Government has a responsibility to care for the people by giving them the means to be self-sufficient and self-reliant:
Government cannot provide this, it can only come from the individual.
Many men die every year on the job, even though there are rules and laws protecting them. Ask any job foreman who's responsibility it is for your own protection, they will tell you it is yours.
Ask any employeur in an interview if they provide means for your ability to be self sufficient, and they will probably laugh at you.

My last company boasted frequently about the large number of female employees they had in technical roles.
To those who didn't look too hard at the situation, it looked great. Stay a few years, and I noticed that it was mostly the men who were promoted to managerial levels. Women who had been there longer than the men were told that they were needed in their current roles and could not move positions. The men, as it turned out, were also being paid an average of 15% higher than the women doing the same job. I called them out on their bull and was in the next round of layoffs.
I bet most of the men were at least 6 feet tall. This is a fact that even average sized men have to deal with.