Let's Psychoanalyse your Avatar [2] | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

Let's Psychoanalyse your Avatar [2]

@blueflame The blue is a sign of peace, tranquility, serenity. The black as some might take it as something dark, evil, etc, but it is not in this case. It is just the symbolizaiton of the blue as being the only focus of the picture. The blue being the one thought inside the dark void; the one purpose, the one feeling, are other ways you could say it. It could be said to be the sign of a single goal or single purpose in life and all else is just an after thought. The dark is important but not as important as the blue. The blue is everything and is the one bright ray of hope.

It also focus on nature. The natural flow of things. The blue smoke is not being impeded and so the feel is that things should not be impared; that the natural flow of things should be allowed to continue on the path it chooses. In a way you wish to be free from those who would try control you and just "flow" through your own path.

Last edited:
[MENTION=3361]Elowen[/MENTION] From what I see in your photo you do enjoy video games, stating the obvious but it is more. They are not just games but also in a way an escape. A place where you can apply your creativity and use your imagination. You also look to the heros in these video games as role models. You can relate to and follow the heros values and goals as your own. Haha just a guess.

Mine will be tricky. If you get it even a fraction right, well done. :)

I asked a while back, but it got lost as it was the last post on the page.
Anyone want to do mine?

Mine will be tricky. If you get it even a fraction right, well done. :)

[MENTION=3379]Free Mind[/MENTION]

Powerful, strong, watching over the valley, looking and waiting, ready to oversee and protect. But kind and gentle. But ready to defend those you care about indefinitely.

I asked a while back, but it got lost as it was the last post on the page.
Anyone want to do mine?

[MENTION=3052]Teracat[/MENTION]

Look in the eye suggests fear, or something else. Sense of speechlessness but acceptance of a fate you know you can't control. There's a longing for more, for things to get better - a wishing, or hoping things will improve. Waiting patiently for the right time to move on.

[MENTION=1669]Anita[/MENTION]

"meh"

Well, it's pretty much spelled out there, eh?

[MENTION=3361]Elowen[/MENTION] From what I see in your photo you do enjoy video games, stating the obvious but it is more. They are not just games but also in a way an escape. A place where you can apply your creativity and use your imagination. You also look to the heros in these video games as role models. You can relate to and follow the heros values and goals as your own. Haha just a guess.

You are partly right. :) I do like to escape through video games and books. The role model thing isn't really right, but the rest of it pretty much is.

Thank you :)

I put a lot of effort in my diagnoses and I was expecting an equal or just as long psychoanalysis; at least 20 lines... It does not matter.

:m173:

[MENTION=3361]Elowen[/MENTION] You chose this particular character of that game because it is a character with power. However, this is only the surface... for it betrays yourself as having or feeling that you yourself have little power. This character works in a way as a sort of balance toward your insecurity.

Please do not think negatively about my statement. I myself would love to be Superman or Spiderman. Wanting to be powerful or dangerous is something most people would want. You only exemplify this by choosing this particular avatar.

Reactions: Edith
@Elowen You chose this particular character of that game because it is a character with power. However, this is only the surface... for it betrays yourself as having or feeling that you yourself have little power. This character works in a way as a sort of balance toward your insecurity.

Please do not think negatively about my statement. I myself would love to be Superman or Spiderman. Wanting to be powerful or dangerous is something most people would want. You only exemplify this by choosing this particular avatar.

That is pretty accurate really! I do feel that at this point in my life I do have little power, although I think it is soon to change as I take my next few steps towards becoming an actual adult.

Thank you for the analysis!

[MENTION=3279]Moya Anomalous[/MENTION], The immediate thing that strikes me about your avatar is the way it seems to provoke the theme of "two worlds" in at least two major respects (maybe more will come to me as I dig in).

First of all is the obvious character of the shading. There is the lit area vs the dark area, but the shadow doesn't seem to follow any laws of composition I could imagine. If for no other reason than the light stripe on the right shoulder, I think it's safe to say that the viewer is supposed to think that the depicted individual is staring at something "off-screen," but be unsure of what exactly it might be. The person does not seem to be terrified, but they do not seem to be particularly thrilled either. They are, if anything, completely complacent. Why, then, is there something casting a shadow upon our figure? And why is there another shade of shadow moving diagonally from the left shoulder down when it conflicts in angle from the shadow cast by the head upon the neck? It's possible, I suppose, that the body being submerged in darkness with the head area in light is meant to be a depiction of human nature; the body (the material aspect) contains evils, but the head (the mind/transcendent aspect) allows the overcoming of it. This might explain why the light area is predominately over the area with the heart.

Similar to the imbalance and strange use of light, the photo also screams of a lack of symmetry everywhere but the lit area. All aspects of the light area appear to be looking straight ahead, while he shadowed area seems to be turning to the left (even independently of the collar area, which seems to face head-on). Most interesting, though, is that the area where the shoulders meet the torso are unsymmetrical, though that may also be due to the angle. The difference, though, seems unlikely.

But then there's the head. It confuses me. I cannot decide if it is caucasian or asian, or if it is female or male. Now, the chest of our model clearly demonstrates its masculine nature, but the actual face is incredibly androgynous. The hair is clearly masculine, but it seems to nevertheless radiate a sense of the feminine.

I'm stalling for time, I think. What this picture truly says to me for no apparent reason is "rebirth." The expression is one of complacent innocence, but the figure is clearly adolescent at the youngest. There is a sense of the spiritual with a sense of the physical. This figure seems...too perfect. Just too perfect. Not in the sense that I, myself, idolize it, but that it has some power as a residual self-image. A figure that is both light and dark, both now and then, both male and female; preferring one, but understanding the other. True peace found in balance.

...or maybe it's just some art student's erotic dreamboy. Does the skin sparkle in sunlight?

Tried to get someone to do mine last time, but I kept getting lost in the shuffle....

Any thoughts about this one? :)

@Soulful

The woman in the photo is expressing freedom of self. She is alone but vibrant and independent. She feels comfortable in her path alone. She doesn't feel worry or fear, although she may be uncertain about where her path will lead. The red, transparent shawl represents a renewed spirit and love for life, and wonder at what's possible in her world. She is free. The sunrise or the image of the world just before the dawn in the background suggests a new day, a new light or life - a waking up or a sense of wonder - a sense of moving forward to see the world differently, considering options never before seen. And the fact that she is a dark figure in the middle ground, suggests that she is not doing this for recognition. Instead, she wishes to appreciate the world and see what it has to offer - to be the light which shines on the beauty of the world without being the center of it. She wants to be an active participant in her life without being the show.

Reactions: Soulful
Tried to get someone to do mine last time, but I kept getting lost in the shuffle....

@enigma

Not sure how correct this is, but here goes:

Here's a small, and cute puppy/dog with a red bow - adorable, but dangerous - a gun pointed directly at the looker and smoking. Seems like a contradiction but isn't. It suggests that you're saying to everyone, "don't let my looks fool you." The cigar and badass pose suggests you're tough, and shouldn't be taken lightly. In other words, it's as if you're saying, "I may be small (in frame) and seem harmless, sweet, and/or adorable, but if you screw with me, you will pay" :D. So, anyone who thinks they can get something past you because you are cute or adorable and thinks this signifies weakness or lack of confidence on your part is not looking carefully. They'll be sorry if they underestimate you.

Reactions: enigma
^My husband is laughing his ass off. Pretty damn accurate. I searched long and hard for that avatar. And the 'armed and fabulous' is thanks to Morgain.
I'm short, blond, shy, and have the tactical mindset of Ziva on a bad day.

THANK YOU!

Reactions: Gaze
mine anyone?

I am putting mine up for analysis, if anyone's interested. =)

Reactions: Gaze
[MENTION=3279]Moya Anomalous[/MENTION], The immediate thing that strikes me about your avatar is the way it seems to provoke the theme of "two worlds" in at least two major respects (maybe more will come to me as I dig in).

First of all is the obvious character of the shading. There is the lit area vs the dark area, but the shadow doesn't seem to follow any laws of composition I could imagine. If for no other reason than the light stripe on the right shoulder, I think it's safe to say that the viewer is supposed to think that the depicted individual is staring at something "off-screen," but be unsure of what exactly it might be. The person does not seem to be terrified, but they do not seem to be particularly thrilled either. They are, if anything, completely complacent. Why, then, is there something casting a shadow upon our figure? And why is there another shade of shadow moving diagonally from the left shoulder down when it conflicts in angle from the shadow cast by the head upon the neck? It's possible, I suppose, that the body being submerged in darkness with the head area in light is meant to be a depiction of human nature; the body (the material aspect) contains evils, but the head (the mind/transcendent aspect) allows the overcoming of it. This might explain why the light area is predominately over the area with the heart.

Similar to the imbalance and strange use of light, the photo also screams of a lack of symmetry everywhere but the lit area. All aspects of the light area appear to be looking straight ahead, while he shadowed area seems to be turning to the left (even independently of the collar area, which seems to face head-on). Most interesting, though, is that the area where the shoulders meet the torso are unsymmetrical, though that may also be due to the angle. The difference, though, seems unlikely.

But then there's the head. It confuses me. I cannot decide if it is caucasian or asian, or if it is female or male. Now, the chest of our model clearly demonstrates its masculine nature, but the actual face is incredibly androgynous. The hair is clearly masculine, but it seems to nevertheless radiate a sense of the feminine.

I'm stalling for time, I think. What this picture truly says to me for no apparent reason is "rebirth." The expression is one of complacent innocence, but the figure is clearly adolescent at the youngest. There is a sense of the spiritual with a sense of the physical. This figure seems...too perfect. Just too perfect. Not in the sense that I, myself, idolize it, but that it has some power as a residual self-image. A figure that is both light and dark, both now and then, both male and female; preferring one, but understanding the other. True peace found in balance.

...or maybe it's just some art student's erotic dreamboy. Does the skin sparkle in sunlight?

I do not know about complacent, but I do feel as if I am ascending out of the darkest parts in my life. You are right about the androgynous features however. I will be changing my avatar to a picture of me really soon. I am waiting for something to arrive in the mail.