Last film you watched, Part 2 | Page 38 | INFJ Forum

Last film you watched, Part 2

Venom

Sloooooooowww start, but once it got going, it was good. I really like the character Venom. Tom Hardy was ok, but he seems a bit . . . hmm. I don't know. They undersold or underplayed Michelle Williams character.

A Star is Born.

Gaga is a phenomenal talent. As is Bradley Cooper. Outstanding performances from the both of them, no question

I can't say I really loved the movie, though...

Destination Wedding

Keanu and Wiona are incredible with their characters banter on life and existence. It's also very comedic on what they say especially during the [Spoiler Alert] mountain lion scene. I hope they make a sequel on their next chapter in life.

I watched A Quiet Place. It was pretty good, very original and kept you on edge throughout the movie. 8.5/10!

The House with a Clock in Its Walls

A good and funny fantasy movie. I've definitely seen better movies but it wasn't bad either. :)

Blade Runner The Final Cut

Brilliant.

"I have seen things you wouldn't believe. All those moments, washed away, like tears in the rain."

"It's time to die."

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This is my favorite film! :<3:

Watership Down (on Netflix)

It rekindled my love for this story. I was surprised and... sort of disappointed... when I realized how profoundly the story influenced me as a kid.
My INTJ remarked that it was "deep" and he was disappointed he'd never seen or read it.

The new animation is good, and it seems less gory, though let's not kid ourselves: Watership Down is horrifying.

The Dinner starring Richard Gere.
It was garbage.

Upper middle class white assholes fret over upper middle class white asshole problems over dinner at a fancy restaurant. They're rude to the restaurant staff. A politician is the white knight. There are a few black people in the cast who are used as props. Nope.

Saw Aquaman and Bumblebee. Aquaman (4.5 stars) was pretty cool. Jason Momoa fit the role well but it was fast paced. Good action scenes but there were too many things happening. Amber Heard and Nice Kidman were pretty awesome in this. Bumblebee (4.25 stars) was ok, but more of a teen coming of age film. But I love the 80s setting and listening to all the hit songs. Bumblebee, the character, was great. His relationship with the heroine Charlie make you feel good. The Transformer villains including the woman Transformer were pretty evil but fun and interesting. Bumblebee had a good movie message overall.

Still want to see A Star is Born and Green Book. Wanted to see Welcome to Marwen but it's not doing well in the Theatres.

Last edited:
Just watched Daddy's Home 2.
It was pretty funny, I liked how it came full circle from the first one and rhymed narrative elements from the first film as well.

I watched Bird Box, it was pretty suspenseful and interesting! Highly recommend to everyone.

And, of course my girl Sandra kicked ass in it.

Oh man yeah! Such a great role for her. John Malkovich too hahaha.

Yes! They both did so amazing! I’ll admit, I got pretty emotional at the end. Such a good movie.

Just watched Bird Box, a new horror/thriller on Netflix. Stephen King apparently raved about it despite that it wasn't initially getting very strong reviews. But viewership soared for this movie, so had to watch it. Verdict? Tad bit overhyped. It was good, and had a lot of suspenseful moments, most of which were created more from anticipation and music. The sound track really did its job. The ending was pretty cool though. A few questions I had were
How did they see without seeing and why were some spared, not hurting themselves when they looked, while others did.

Reactions: Asa
BlacKKKlansman - I had a weird emotional breakdown after watching this. I was watching with my son and boyfriend, and wanted something my son would enjoy. I knew it had good reviews. Based on the little promo I had seen, I thought it was going to be a more overt comedy with subtle political commentary underneath. It was the flip of that for me and, I think, because I wasn't expecting the political commentary to be such a strong element, I was more affected by it. I felt teary at the end and when I opened my mouth to share my thought ,"I thought it was going to be funnier," the idea of that comment juxtaposed with what had just transpired on screen caused me to start laughing so hysterically I was unable to speak and was laugh/crying. Meanwhile my very kind and loving boyfriend and son (intj and entp) were just worriedly watching me and asking if I was alright. I managed to croak out that I wanted my son to enjoy it and he was like, "mom, it was fine. Are you?!" Lol. I settled down after a few moments, but even now typing this, I can feel a giggle fit at the absurdity start again.

Others in the room also thought the movie was good. They thought it was plenty funny, but they were expecting it to be mostly political commentary. My son felt the ending was a bit heavy handed. He felt it was intended to shock and, to him, it just felt a bit obvious. I had a different reaction, but I think that had to do with being caught off guard by my confused expectations.