Last film you watched, Part 2 | Page 36 | INFJ Forum

Last film you watched, Part 2

The Intern

Had laryngitis so wasn't feeling brilliant - just wanted to be left alone (bliss) with a hot drink, blankie and chocolates. Was in the mood to watch something lighthearted and easy on the ears so was recommended to watch above. Film was a perfect 10/10 for fulfilling this purpose. HD is mesmerising. :m130:

Overall watchability (ie when you're not unwell): 5/10

Reactions: Gaze and Free
Hostiles

I don't wanna spoil it, but it reminded me of Baby Driver. Ending really irked me.

10 Things I Hate About You

My favourite appropriation of a Shakespeare play so far.

Reactions: Gaze
Koe no Katachi(A silent voice)

What a beautiful film! I can't believe it took me this long to watch it.

The Florida Project

Liked it. It doesn't really try to preach anything. It's pretty much just following the scandalous and realistic exploits of this feral little rat pack living where the title indicates.

Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, MIssouri

Saw film Saturday gone - didn't realise the Oscars took place yesterday. Hubby texted this morning saying , "Sam Rockwell won an Oscar - so did the crazy lady." :tongueout:
Would've been disappointed if they hadn't won. Shame film didn't win best picture - can't comment on Shape of Water as I haven't seen it - doesn't appeal to me. Anyway.....

My emotions were all over the place with this movie. By the time the orange scene surfaced, my heart just sank and am sure it fluttered (a little) - I was nearly in tears, such a tender and memorablel moment. Absolutely brilliant performances by all three leading actors. Had the right amount of dark humour - anything more would've tipped it over the edge for me. I laughed hard!!

Didn't know anything about this movie / didn't read any reviews or was aware that it had won Bafta's - saw a very brief clip of Rockwell in the film and that did it for me. Saw him in "The Way, Way Back" and we've liked him ever since.

Not sure why I feel led to say this but need to get it off my chest. I like the way this film is used to encourage positive activism (which I don't have an issue with) but activism around civil disobedience (connotations around violence) is....well....*shakes head*

Overall Watchability: 9.5

Reactions: Tin Man
Roadhouse.

What I knew about this movie going it was that it's an over-acting, roundhouse kicking Swayze corn fest. What I did not expect was the bloody murderous rampage in the last act. That was very different in tone to the rest of the movie.

Anyway, favorite line: "I hate a messy bleeder"

Score: Shirtless Swayze out of 5

Molly's Game.

Wasn't sure I would like this because I'm not a fan of poker and had no idea what it was about. It ended up being a biography about a very interesting woman who led an equally interesting life. The woman develops scoliosis as a teenager and goes on to become an Olympic hopeful in skiing. If overcoming that challenge wasn't enough, she then has a skiing accident that takes her out of professional skiing. While she's recovering from the accident and trying to figure out what to do with her life, she learns about and starts a private million dollar poker game and becomes an FBI target. How do people live lives like this??

Reactions: Wyote
This one:

The Last Jedi

Disappointment hardly does it justice.

Jumanji. I thought the remake was better than the original and I love the original.

Reactions: Wyote and hush
I Tonya. It was pretty good, and funny, but fairly long. There was a lot of what seemed like excessive cursing. Cursing in and of itself, even when abundant, doesn't phase me, but the characters simply yelled "F*CK!!!" quite a lot, which just seemed lazy and off putting. The movie really pushes the claim that she wasn't involved in plotting the hit on Nancy Kerrigan. I'm still out to lunch on that, but at this point I can't say I really care if she did or not.

Going to complete my marathon of a selection of Disney movies (commencing from where I stopped after The Princess' Diaries last night), and I'm already planning the PIXAR Universe marathon. I'm missing 7 of 19 movies.

Charlotte's Web. Or as my son calls it, "Some pig!" Followed by The Secret Life of Pets or "Duke and Max!" I find myself loving kids movies again.

But I have also been missing my TCM binge marathon days. We don't even have cable anymore but I loved watching films through the decades and what each one says about that generation. I need to find some good ones to download or watch online or something.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ginny and Wyote
Charlotte's Web. Or as my son calls it, "Some pig!" Followed by The Secret Life of Pets or "Duke and Max!" I find myself loving kids movies.

But I have also been missing my TCM binge marathon days. We don't even have cable anymore but I loved watching films through the decades and what each one says about that generation. I need to find some good ones to download or watch online or something.
try "the secret of NIHM"

Reactions: Wyote and acd
try "the secret of NIHM"
That's a great movie! I need to watch it with him maybe when he's a little older. So many great 80s movies. The 80s were the best for sci fi and fantasy

Last edited:
Reactions: Wyote
That's a great movie! I need to watch it with him. So many great 80s movies. The 80s were the best for sci fi and fantasy
Watership Down! It's one of my personal fav's and not scary at all!

KsINLWC.gif

WD12.gif

latest

Last edited:
Schindler's List.

It is beautifully done but so so tragic and dark. I always cry when I see this film...