Last film you watched, Part 2 | Page 34 | INFJ Forum

Last film you watched, Part 2

Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith (with Rifftrax)

I genuinely enjoy that movie. I know it's not good in the conventional sense, but I think it's my favorite of all the Star Wars movies. The light saber battles are awesome, anakin's turn to the dark side is fun in a campy evil way. I don't even find the terrible acting that bad. It makes me laugh, rather than groan. And Rifftrax only added to my enjoyment with great riffs like "Get the mother f**king siths off this mother f**king plane."

Reactions: Free and Sandie33
I don't remember the last film I watched.

I was reading a synopsis of Frederick Douglass' life. He is one of the greatest men I have read about.

His determination to free himself and others from bondage should be an inspiration for people everywhere who are trying to do good in the world.

Reactions: Free and James
Friday the 13th Part 9. Been watching the whole series after loving the new game.

Reactions: Free
Dunkirk

I don't think I've ever watched a film where I was emotionally catapulted into a movie - simply by the soundtrack. Not sure if it was intentional but I didn't get a sense that there was a "lead" character - so made it possible to identify with every person and their plight. Exceptionally brilliant from beginning to end.

Dunkirk

I don't think I've ever watched a film where I was emotionally catapulted into a movie - simply by the soundtrack. Not sure if it was intentional but I didn't get a sense that there was a "lead" character - so made it possible to identify with every person and their plight. Exceptionally brilliant from beginning to end.

Do you know why the soundtrack was so captivating? @seba shared these with me :) ...found it interesting.

@luminous - thanks for your post. Will listen to your clip and comment later (too much noise infiltrating my ear at the moment) :wink:

Do you know why the soundtrack was so captivating? @seba shared these with me :) ...found it interesting.

Incredible!!! Thanks @luminous for posting those two clips - particularly the first one (could watch that beyond infinity but the second one - had to stop it after 15 seconds - it was getting annoyingly painful).

Auditory illusion, Shepherd-Risset Glissando - impressive and it certainly worked!

I would love to see the film again but this time (instead of just relaxing and enjoying the experience) to consciously try to separate the soundtrack from the images and see what emerges.

As for your question...I can't recall because I'm not in that place now but the moment I clicked on the first video and I heard the ticking....it occurred to me that this tick tock sound was almost mimicking the sound of my heart beat. Hmmmmmmm.....What do you think?

Reactions: Free and luminous
"Breathe" starring Andrew Garfield and Claire Foy. The screenwriter based the film on his own parents' experience with a debilitating illness. I love Foy's "keep calm and carry on" attitude throughout the film. The ethics of euthanasia are questioned at the end (spoiler). My avatar is from that movie. Filmed in England - it premiered at this year's Toronto film festival earlier this month :)

Pet. (psycho thriller)

this movie is sick. kinda predictable but still good!

It

Mixed feelings. Definitely did justice to both the first movie and the book. While there were some freaky parts (Ben in the library, and that twisted lady from the painting), I still lament that I don't think there are any movies that will genuinely scare me now that I'm an adult. Pennywise got kind of gimmicky as the movie progressed, and I was immediately turned off when in one scene they used the (inevitable and cliche'd to the nth degree) kiddies singing nursery rhymes acapella during a scare. Also there were the fairly standard sped-up freakout shots where (insert monster) gitters and flails really rapidly. Those techniques are definitely industry staples. The dialogue was great. I wish there had been a little more character development for Mike Hanlon. I will still look forward to seeing the 2nd half. It felt kind of like the new episode of Star Wars where they definitely hit on everything they needed to, but it didn't make it an awesome movie.

Examples of stuff that gave me the genuine creeps when I was younger:

It

Mixed feelings. Definitely did justice to both the first movie and the book. While there were some freaky parts (Ben in the library, and that twisted lady from the painting), I still lament that I don't think there are any movies that will genuinely scare me now that I'm an adult. Pennywise got kind of gimmicky as the movie progressed, and I was immediately turned off when in one scene they used the (inevitable and cliche'd to the nth degree) kiddies singing nursery rhymes acapella during a scare. Also there were the fairly standard sped-up freakout shots where (insert monster) gitters and flails really rapidly. Those techniques are definitely industry staples. The dialogue was great. I wish there had been a little more character development for Mike Hanlon. I will still look forward to seeing the 2nd half. It felt kind of like the new episode of Star Wars where they definitely hit on everything they needed to, but it didn't make it an awesome movie.

Re: Exorcist III
Whoa, those clips were creepy! I didn't even know there was a part 3 to that movie! lol...thanks for sharing.

Also, I have not watched "It" yet lol I kind of want to watch the old version first and then the new one.

I watched this one when I was 12 or younger, it still gives me the creeps. There is one scene with a dead woman and a hammer... can't find it but that woman kept me from sleeping, like, for a week.

This movie pales in comparison:

The Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy. (Spaceballs on steroids, or mushrooms;))
Everyone needs a Marvin :p

Reactions: Free and Ginny
The Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy. (Spaceballs on steroids, or mushrooms;))
Everyone needs a Marvin :p

I'd love a Marvin, but I'd also hate myself for laughing about him all the time. *RIP Alan Rickman*

I am planning on seeing "Battle of the Sexes" next week after Canadian thanksgiving. I like Emma Stone and Steve Carell, and the gender equality in sports theme sounds meaningful. Can't wait!

The new Kingsman. Absurd, but brainless fun. Hard six on the scale of ten. Might be a seven or eight depending upon whether or not I've had 3+ drinks (because I don't drink much).

The new Kingsman. Absurd, but brainless fun. Hard six on the scale of ten. Might be a seven or eight depending upon whether or not I've had 3+ drinks (because I don't drink much).

Just saw this over the weekend. Not as great as I thought it would be. Never saw the first one, so I had no sense of what to expect. But I predict
that the film seems to set up for a movie spin off series based round the STATESMEN