Last film you watched, Part 2 | Page 33 | INFJ Forum

Last film you watched, Part 2

Meet the Fockers,
Lol, love this movie!

Alien Covenant.

Not quite as good as Prometheus but I love these prequels. Full of mythos and lots of things below the surface that most moviegoers will unfortunately not appreciate or just miss altogether.

Lately some fantastic themes about overcoming dreadful circumstances, ya know rip your heart out then fill it up to the brim:
A Man Called Ove
Noble
Queen of Katwe

And a feel-good gem that resurfaced lately:
Marilyn Hotchkiss Ballroom Dancing and Charm School

Free Fire. I somehow had the delusion that this was a Scorsese movie (the one I had likely confused it with was The Irishman) and rented it. Didn't even finish it. It was like a feature length shootout scene that was akin to kids shooting waterguns at each other, i.e. people constantly nicking each other and cussing each other out. Attempted zaniness like one of the characters lighting up a joint in one of the pauses. It was boring and over the top. I got tired of it and gave up about halfway through.

The Accountant starring Ben Affleck as a hitman with Asperger's/ASD. No really. Also Shane from The Walking Dead.

It was alright. I'd like to see him team up with Jason Bourne. That'd be hilarious.
No but honestly, I think the sequel will actually be better if one is ever made.

Last edited:
Deep Water, not a movie but a documentary about Donald Crowhurst, really good!

Reactions: Gaze and Wyote
The Accountant starring Ben Affleck as a hitman with Asperger's/ASD. No really. Also Shane from The Walking Dead.

It was alright. I'd like to see him team up with Jason Bourne. That'd be hilarious.
No but honestly, I think the sequel will actually be better if one is ever made.
I liked The Accountant more than in thought I would. But then again, I seem to like assassin media.

Planning on watching The Dark Tower this Wednesday or Thursday. The question being, will it suck like every other Stephen King movie ever made or will it be better? Reviews seem to indicate it's a good movie in it's own right.

Ghost in the shell

Well there's only so much they could accomplish. They did so much cgi in this movie... why did they skimp on the tank???
Worth watching if you are into scifi.

Planning on watching The Dark Tower this Wednesday or Thursday. The question being, will it suck like every other Stephen King movie ever made or will it be better? Reviews seem to indicate it's a good movie in it's own right.

Saw it last weekend. Matthew McConaughey was pretty good in it. Idris Elba did a good job, but not sure the film lives up to the hype based on what everyone expected. They killed some great supporting characters which I would love to see in the next one. My thought or pseudo intuition tells me that they held back a bit on this one because it was the origin or background film, but will likely do more with the next.

The Circle. It looked really compelling in previews, but it turned out to be boring, and the ending was kind of a let down. It wasn't anywhere near as pulse-pounding as it made itself out to be, and the protagonist learned a pretty gentle lesson (or rather a harsh lesson was portrayed in a very gentle, almost casual manner) for contributing to something made out to be so insidious. The moment where the protagonist supposedly turns the tables on the villains was tame as hell. Meh.

The Dark Tower

I had such low expectations going in because of the reviews that I was pleasantly surprised. Good movie worth watching.

Reactions: James
Atomic Blonde, there is a local movie reviewer who ruins the movies he reviews but if he is talking about a movie i am interested in he will usually pan or praise it in the opening line of his broadcast. If he pans it I turn off the radio and see the movie asap. This is a good one (pow).

Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets.

I would love to live in one of the planets from the movie, so beautiful. A great movie, I hope it gets a sequel.

Reactions: Eventhorizon