Last film you watched, Part 2 | Page 32 | INFJ Forum

Last film you watched, Part 2

Beauty and the beast

So many things wrong with this movie. Just one... apparently it's ok to lock people up for picking flowers without any law enforcement envolvement? More, so a filthy old woman busts into your home demanding shelter, you refuse and suddenly it's her right to throw a curse not only on you but the people around you? Why is that ok?

I finally watched Return to Me last night and I have to admit it had its cute moments. I really enjoyed the adlibbed bantering between the oldsters the most. Also had Jeremiah Johnson playing in the background today as I typed a paper, if that counts.

Reactions: Gaze and James
Despicable Me 3 - Not bad. Fun 80s music and pop culture references that only the adults could truly understand or appreciate although it was promoted as a children's film. :D

Baby Driver - Interesting film. Ansel Elgort did a pretty good job. Connected with the main character "Baby" oddly enough. Classic introvert. Seems INTX. The driving scenes were pretty good. It was interesting to see Jon Hamm in a different kind of role.

Reactions: James and Wyote
Rurouni Kenshin (trilogy) 8.25/10

Japanese movie series similar to the anime in the same name. Great movie, direction, soundtrack and story. Tells us a story of a manslayer who later took an oath to not kill anyone. The character is so strong that you'll want more of it after finishing the 3rd part. Kenshin, the manslayer faces a series of events where his oath to not kill is tested, challenged and brought to question. What is intriguing is whether he stays true to the oath or goes back to his past to become a manslayer again. Must watch if you are interested in Japanese movies and ways of samurai and old fighting style. Special credit to the soundtrack.

Trailer of part 1:

Reactions: Wyote and Gaze
Must watch if you are interested in Japanese movies and ways of samurai and old fighting style.

Yea! Kenshin is one of my favorite animes and I really really love these films!

Reactions: Archer
I watched Life which I think a lot of movie goers skipped over because it looked like a sort of generic sci-fi, which is mostly true but I really enjoyed some of the graphic scenes as well as the non Hollywood type of ending. Pretty decent, underappreciated a bit but not super amazing or anything.

I also finally saw John Wick 2. God damn I love those movies. The style, the one liners, the pacing and the cinematography are all completely on point.

Yea! Kenshin is one of my favorite animes and I really really love these films!

Yeah, I liked the movie a lot too..
It is one of those movies that performed at part with the anime. Most movie adaptations of anime fail to grasp the thrill in it. But this stood an exception.
I'm still watching the anime btw. 35th episode. Wanted more of Kenshin after the movies. Hehe

Last edited:
Reactions: Wyote
@Archer check out the Samurai X animated films as well :)

Reactions: Archer
Ghost in the Shell.

Nice visuals and plenty of nods to the original that fans will recognize, but.... I think they focused too much on uninteresting parts of the story. It's like they took a few iconic scenes direct from the original and pasted them together without thinking enough about what goes in between them.

It's also too short to really reach the potential of GITS.

Reactions: Gaze and Wyote
Quadrophenia, a film about the mods and rockers and 60's and 70's youth culture. It's a good film, there is a huge gang bust up in Brighton, and then the main protagonist does something drastic, I won't spoil the punch line amphetamines and bikes play a part in the craziness.

Last edited:
Spiderman (7.5/10) - Sorry, although Tom Holland gave it his all, and kicked butt in his role, I didn't connect with the way others did. I saw Tom Holland on Lip Sync Battle, and his performance which was amazing made it difficult for me to connect with him as a teenager of 15/16 in this film. I think the storyline was a little disorganized. They turned Aunt May's character into this barely there hot aunt. Can't not see Sally Fields as Aunt May from the Tobey McGuire films. The strongest character was Michael Keaton as the villain. Zendaya's character was interesting, a little different. Robert Downey's Iron Man character just annoyed me. I'd rather have Captain America (not because of Chris) because I think he would have been a better mentor.

War for the Planet of the Apes (9/10)- Love this! Didn't have it on my radar as one to see, but it was such a powerful film, and I hope it gets some Globes or Oscar nods, if nothing else for makeup and cinematography. Beautifully shot. Great story! Highly recommend.

Cake - very sad, not the usual Jennifer Aniston movie.
I really love this movie. Another good indie film is "Welcome to Me" with Kristin Wiig.

I think the last movie I watched was Synecdoche New York and it killed me. Very sad.

Reactions: Lurk and James
This is England, a film about the rise of the National Front in the UK in the 70's, seen through the eyes of a young boy who is befriended by an older gang of friends. Good film.

I finally watched Mockingjay Part 2, which is hilarious that it took me this long. They made a huge error by splitting the last book into two movies. Would have been great as a trilogy but they were clearly just after a cash grab the entire way through. Instead of getting an epic final film you get two mediocre/crappy long drawn out ones. They left out so many important details from the books that the whole film series became a watered down version devoid of the soul of the books. It wouldn't have even been difficult to put those things in the films, but again they just went the money route and avoided more graphic and controversial concepts (to appeal to a wider audience), which is what made the books decent. They took something fairly interesting and made it generic as fuck. Catching Fire came the closest to resembling the spirit of the books, but still did not quite hit all of the marks it should or could have.

Reactions: James and Gaze
Rewatched Blade II (2002) on TV. Haven't seen it in a long time. My favorite of the trilogy. There's something about stories of the supernatural in this period that was interesting that today's films don't have. Maybe because there was a story there, and there was a reason for almost every action or character, and it wasn't just an effects for effects sake film.

The Hundred-Foot Journey(2014). Unexpectedly good. Didn't really know what it was about initially but the story was pretty cool. An Indian man and his children start a Indian Restaurant across from the most successful French restaurant in the area in or outside of Paris(not sure). They develop a relationship with the owner which is antagonistic but later becomes friendly.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kgal and Wyote
The Hateful Eight.
Tarantino - says 'masterpiece', and it is.

Reactions: Wyote and Gaze
The life and times of Harvey Milk. Film about American gay activist and first openly gay man elected to public office.

Lol, I borrowed all these films from an INFJ.

Last edited:
One Upon A Time In America.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wyote