Last film you watched, Part 2 | Page 37 | INFJ Forum

Last film you watched, Part 2

Recently watched Bobby Kennedy for President on Netflix (documentary series). I found it interesting and heartbreaking.

I like how it portrayed him as a more complex person, rather than a one dimensional historical figure.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ren and Gaze
The last film I watched was Amélie on Netflix.

I haven't watched this film in ages, and I forgot how funny it was. I must say though that Amélie gives me INFJ vibes.

I saw Mother recently. The movie was long and sometimes fatiguing. I can't say that I fully understand the plot, though I suspect it's something about....no, I still don't get it. Anyway, what I really did like about it is that it did a spot on job of simulating what a socially-oriented bad dream or nightmare can be like. The main character is constantly trying to protect and preserve her family and people just keep busting into her house and drawing them away from each other. Her husband is always welcoming them in and just seems totally insensitive to her because he's celebrated by their visitors. The people just keep crowding in, becoming gradually more imposing, disrespectful and destructive, and despite the protagonist's best attempts she cannot seem to get rid of them. Her husband appears compassionate but doesn't do anything about it. As this is going on, time keeps jumping forward at seemingly random intervals. My really terrible guess as to the theme of the movie is that she is his muse and though he needs her for inspiration, it indirectly kills her as he chases success.

Reactions: Wyote
I recently saw The Disaster Artist without having seen The Room. For those who don't know, The Room is apparently one of the worst (quality) movies ever made, and The Disaster Artist is about how The Room was made. It was quirky and funny, but now I have to see the original.

Reactions: Wyote
Bladerunner 2049

Finally watched it yesterday night! Not sure what all the hoopla was about...it was unnecessarily long and not very engaging (the first 30 minutes grabbed my attention but then it went downhill from there....)

Overall mark 5/10

Reactions: Ren and flower
Mamma Mia: Here We Go Again.

I absolutely loved it! The movie gave me many smiles and laughs. The music, good actresses and beautiful views of Greece. :<3:

Recommend it! ☆☆☆☆☆

Reactions: Ren and Wyote
Mission Impossible - Fallout

Thoroughly enjoyable, action packed (of course!) and a good story line.

For an action film: 8/10

Reactions: Wyote and Ren
Recently I saw Apocalypto by Mel Gibson.

Extremely visceral and genuinely beautiful in parts. Relatively accurate, it seems. For an action movie it's very good.

I was hooked from start to finish. 8/10

First Reformed - 7.5 / 10 SPOILERS AHEAD

I have no idea of what the film was about but it was really entertaining, a guy who's an environmental activist commits suicide because he doesn't want his wife to give birth to her baby because of climate change? XD, then the wife falls in love with the priest (but it seemed like she was always in love with him actually) and he was about to go full kamikaze influenced by the activist death wishes??.
I think the message is to not go nuts maybe, like stop being so fucking radical about everything? too shallow to be that perhaps? or is it just that it's trendy to be pretentious like Yorgos Lanthimos. His movies are cool and that but you know what happens when things become a trend.

<ahem> mine was a double feature back to back "The 36th Chamber of the Shaolin" awesome!! Love old KF flicks. Followed by "Hacksaw Ridge" about the only conscientious objector to be granted the silver star (period movie, war flick, but shows how bad boot can get) also super awesome...

Recently I saw Apocalypto by Mel Gibson.

Extremely visceral and genuinely beautiful in parts. Relatively accurate, it seems. For an action movie it's very good.

I was hooked from start to finish. 8/10

Whatever you think of Mel Gibson, I actually think that Apocalypto is genius. It is genuinely other, there's nothing like it to really put you in the boots (lepoard skin?) of an almost completely alien culture.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Wyote and Ren
The last movie I saw was Bleed on Netflix yesterday.

I was sorely disappointed.

Lately, horror movies have been seriously lacking for quite some time now; at least personally.

I did enjoy The Conjuring 2, which I had the pleasure on watching with a good male friend of mine the other day. It was great! :) :smiley:

7/10.

Last edited:
Reactions: flower and Wyote
Christopher Robin

Heart warming film and some funny moments - definitely one to watch when you need to escape and get a bit of peace of quiet. Watch out for Ewan McGregor's strange fake smile.

One of many sweet quotes from Pooh: "Doing nothing often leads to the very best kind of something."

Magical watchability: 8/10