Jelly vs jam | Page 9 | INFJ Forum

Jelly vs jam

View attachment 50409

My peanut butter’s got actual chunks of peanut in wtf haha is that a thing?
You're supposed to put the peanut butter on one piece of bread, the jelly/jam on the other, and then smush them together. Lol. Its hard spreading jelly on top of peanut butter. ...and yes, chunky peanut butter is the best!

I have eaten more pbjs than any man ever should.

Also throw in bananas and chocolate chips. Why? 'MURICA that's why.
Oh my goodness, yes. Or, peanut butter, honey, and bananas. Yum.

Yes: PBJ - get food in your belly and satisfy that sweet tooth all on a budget. Lol.

I eat 2 for lunch five days a week. (Creamy pb + strawberry jam) Lol I get made fun of cuz everyone I work with goes to a restaurant every day. That's just a ridiculous waste of money, imo. Strange thing is, pbj erry day doesn't get old!

I like your style!!

Look at this rubbish I made with my kids last night... Pizza crust, Nutella, peeps lol... they loved it... Me, not so much waaaaaaay to sugary and sweet for my tastes

View attachment 50422
Oh my goodness... I could totally go for a slice of that right now. Haha.

Ok... I realize how the "quote" function can be a great tool. My multiple responses were getting redundant. Lol. Lesson learned.

But what about apple butter
I thought apple butter was basically like an apple jam.

Crumpets with butter are fucking awesome I don’t even care!

I mean English food is generally shit apart from the following I couldn’t live without:

Fish, chips and mushy peas from a proper English chippy. Must have salt and vinegar.

A full roast dinner with Yorkshire puddings and roast potatoes cooked in duck fat. Oh my dayssss you haven’t lived if you haven’t had an English roast.

Apart from that yeah it’s shit haha
Ok... I didn't understand a lot of that. Lol. Crumpets? Yorkshire pudding? Google, here I come. Lol.

Tbf though most American food whilst very tasty is mostly just chemicals lol sorrryyy!
You're not lying. I like to take the homemade approach with proper spices/seasoning, instead of the processed shit.

... homecooking is pretty bland
Seasoning/spices. It's an culinary artform that many take for granted. Lol. Homemade food doesn't have to be so bland.

Pigs in blankets
Hotdogs or sausage wrapped in a dough and baked.

It seems that your version is different from what I know as well?

I haven't tried many things on that list, but I make a great Sheppard's pie. Although I'm inclined to believe that my version is different from the English version?

We have two kinds of sauce: Brown and Red.

Red Sauce is what you guys know as 'ketchup'.

Brown Sauce we literally cannot describe to you, except that it tastes brown.
View attachment 50423
Can my fellow Americans confirm that this may be compared to A1 steak sauce? It seems like it to me. ...if so, we call it A1, not brown sauce.

Anyone have an old "Grandma's" recipe for Japanese plum jelly? They are exceedingly sweeter and larger this year, but will be gone soon. A dozen a day is great, but Man oh Man at the ripe plums.
I friggin love plums. One of my faves. I wish I had a recipe.
I don't have a recipe, but this one seems easy.
https://www.cdkitchen.com/recipes/recs/7/Japanese_Plum_Jelly48928.shtml

You're supposed to put the peanut butter on one piece of bread, the jelly/jam on the other, and then smush them together. Lol. Its hard spreading jelly on top of peanut butter. ...and yes, chunky peanut butter is the best!

We don’t fuck about here in England Brit. There is no finesse in the kitchen lol

I will keep your technique in mind for next time though... thanks :laughing: