Jelly vs jam | Page 7 | INFJ Forum

Jelly vs jam

So what food did you taste in the UK?
Haha.. most of the traditional stuff. I didn’t mean to offend you! I was actually an exchange student in England when I was in high school, so I lived with a family there.

Crumpets with butter are fucking awesome I don’t even care!

I mean English food is generally shit apart from the following I couldn’t live without:

Fish, chips and mushy peas from a proper English chippy. Must have salt and vinegar.

A full roast dinner with Yorkshire puddings and roast potatoes cooked in duck fat. Oh my dayssss you haven’t lived if you haven’t had an English roast.

Apart from that yeah it’s shit haha

Haha.. most of the traditional stuff. I didn’t mean to offend you! I was actually an exchange student in England when I was in high school, so I lived with a family there.
Yeah... homecooking is pretty bland. I reckon that the folk knowledge was lost with industrialisation and then killed off with rationing.

*pikelets. Heathen.

Fish, chips and mushy peas from a proper English chippy. Must have salt and vinegar.
Meh. I can pass on that.

A full roast dinner with Yorkshire puddings and roast potatoes cooked in duck fat. Oh my dayssss you haven’t lived if you haven’t had an English roast.
That's more like it. My mum makes the most awesome mushroom and onion gravy with the meat juices, &c. It's pretty good.

I'm trying to think of some actually good English food to recommend and not just something we have fond childhood memories of...

Yeah... homecooking is pretty bland. I reckon that the folk knowledge was lost with industrialisation and then killed off with rationing.

*pikelets. Heathen.

Meh. I can pass on that.

That's more like it. My mum makes the most awesome mushroom and onion gravy with the meat juices, &c. It's pretty good.

I'm trying to think of some actually good English food to recommend and not just something we have fond childhood memories of...

Yes! All English mums know how to cook up a cracking Sunday roast. Pigs in blankets ( little sausages wrapped in bacon for you muricans) Ohhh my daysss they are the best on a Sunday roast

Yeah we have good restaurants from all other cultures though in our cities so it’s all good haha.

Oh I really like hotpot too also known as scouse or stew depending on where abouts in the UK you are.

At least our food is semi healthy and doesn’t make you feel like you are going to die after eating it like at McDonald’s and Kentucky fried chemicals etc