Is everyone racist? *thread split* | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Is everyone racist? *thread split*

I'm racist against the American Government. But isn't everyone?

I must admit sometimes I have anti-american thoughts. I don't have anything against American people though. It's more about the symbolic of the country. The symbol is so strong, I can't help it sometimes, even though I don't like catching myself having that kind of thoughts.

And as far as the UK and Europe... Ah, well! Too big a topic :D but you guys are funny (I guess we're funny in our way too).

That's not shocking based on the current world view of America.

Well to me it's not even the government. It's globalization in general, and particularly over consumption, and lack of education. fuck it makes me angry just thinking about it. I need to work on this.

Well to me it's not even the government. It's globalization in general, and particularly over consumption, and lack of education. fuck it makes me angry just thinking about it. I need to work on this.

The first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem. :clap2:

The first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem. :clap2:

But even if you're aware of it, it's so hard to control it when it's about things that really touch you. To be honest, it's not even about America, it's just the thought that men are what they are. I just get frustrated by the negative side of the developed animal we are. So that's progress, that's being developped and evolved?

Oh well. I need to find a way to turn my anger into something constructive. I'm sure it's possible. But it will demand a lot of work. Mhh... Being an NF is not always that easy!

I must admit sometimes I have anti-american thoughts. I don't have anything against American people though. It's more about the symbolic of the country.

Shaz, I don't know if you need to work on anything. That stuff makes me mad, too, and knowing that that is how much of the world views the USA makes me slightly embarrassed to be an American.

I'm not entirely embarrassed by the people. I am embarrassed by some of them though. There are some really great, kind, intelligent people here (this forum being evidence of that). But (probably the same as everywhere) there are also some ignorant jerks here, and unfortunately it seems like most of the time the ignorant jerks end up running the show (both in government and in business), and the decisions they make shape how the rest of the world views us.

Regarding globalization though, remember the IMF, WTO and World Bank are not strictly "American" entities (are they? I hope not!). There are international jerks out there too...

They are American entities. Consider the nationality of the people in all the highest places on their decision and policy making benches.

Well, I'm more embarrassed than ever now.

Like I said earlier. The enemy is mixed in with the rest of us. There is no country, religion or whatever that has the monopoly on bad guys. In fact, MBTI is more of an indicator than race

*Split from the discussion about Brits not being European or Scots not being Brits or Irish not being Irish or something

Carry on.

No, not the not knowing. (Although that is a teeny bit embarrassing.)

Because my country is out there f-ing up the world under the pretense that we're so great and amazing, and the one thing that I thought we were only a part of (and thus marginally less culpable), you're telling me we run it. :doh:

Who is "we"? America isn't the democracy it claims to be. If it were a democracy than sure, you and every other American is to blame for not following through on the wording of the second amendment, but since it's not the only people are to blame are those who run the major corporations who do their best to destabalise the rest of the world in order to maintain their power and authority at the top of the status quo.

It's a perfect strategy to attain a useless goal. It's actually a very admirable strategy it's perfect in its goals and it manages to create the enemies it needs to continue. But that's to be expected when unintelligent rich SJs get a bunch of amoral NTs together and tell them to formulate a strategy to get them as much power as possible.

I think I could create a better strategy for a more worthwhile goal.

Before you go feeling too badly personally, Dylan, remember that we are a very big country, built by generations of peoples of many nationalities... together. We are also a very young country, comparatively speaking.

When I hear people talking about what an American is, what Americans are, what America is, and I discover that so many of them have not only never lived here but many have never even visited here... I have to let go of some of that inevitable American guilt.

The principles upon which many of us love our country are sound. The rights given to those who undertake the process of becoming American citizens are generous. There is still opportunity here for freedoms not found in many many places around the world.

We are not all bad, and we should not consent to be lumped together with the worst of our countrymen, especially by those who may embrace a hatred of America and Americans which is based on only a partial understanding of how this country came into being, and how incredibly diverse the population is.

When I hear people talking about what an American is, what Americans are, what America is, and I discover that so many of them have not only never lived here but many have never even visited here... I have to let go of some of that inevitable American guilt.

The principles upon which many of us love our country are sound. The rights given to those who undertake the process of becoming American citizens are generous. There is still opportunity here for freedoms not found in many many places around the world.

We are not all bad, and we should not consent to be lumped together with the worst of our countrymen, especially by those who may embrace a hatred of America and Americans which is based on only a partial understanding of how this country came into being, and how incredibly diverse the population is.

*applauds*:m2:
I'm not nationalistic in any sense (not for America at least), but I don't like people being lumped into groups (good or bad) based on faulty information. Though there are some seriously embarrassing aspects of how this country came to be...(Remember the Alamo...). BUT that's another topic for another time, and that isn't the fault of anyone who is alive in America right now.

End Racism....Kill Everyone
Hooray!!!!!!! Murder!!:m140: Death, Terror, Destruction, and Mayhem.

(It felt good to get that out)

The question could be: What are the issues that give birth to an identity? That's the key. Is having an identity wrong? No. But if that given identity becomes more important to you than other identities, then racism/classism/whateverism is the result. It's where one places his or her importance.

On a side note, I think ignorance is as big a crime as racism. When someone assumes something about a culture based on media, family, peer, (mis)education or what have you, and they voice that assumption, they can be viewed as racists when in reality they're just stupid. I preach education, myself. When I get into a conversation with someone who is ignorant, then I'll try to educate them using my point of view. But sometimes, folks are so embroiled in their ignorance that they refuse to face the possibility that they could be wrong.

Ah, but those are other stories. Yes, I have had many debates in this area. Why d'you ask? :p

Am I proud of who I am, and my culture? Yes. Am I tired of ignorance and prejudices? YES. But I'll continue to talk and debate and argue about it.