IQ & Type | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

IQ & Type

I know you're talking about probabilities, but...
[YOUTUBE]MkTM5tEb_f0[/YOUTUBE]

So, who wants to guess this guy's type?

Malcolm Gladwell is very unapologetic in his book "Outliers" when he describes Langan.

It's hard to type a person that poorly socialized. The narcissism would lead people to label him as an ENTP, but given how hardened he has become, it may not be his real type.

A person with such an IQ would tend to have straight A's in school if that is a priority, and have the capacity to go into most any profession. That score is quite good. You also understand that IQ is dependent on a specific context of measuring it. That was age 12. If it was retaken with a different group of peers, the number would change. The number is not a label you can take with you through life. It is specific to context.

I don't think a person could have an actual IQ of genius or above and have no idea what it means. It's not that deep or complex. The school where I work has some children who would probably measure that high, but they are also 10 years old performing Beethoven concertos on the piano, or six and playing every Bach Invention, or 12 and composing hours of music. People who are geniuses are rather obvious and their accomplishments stand out. Another kid who tested at 140 knew all his multiplication tables at age 5 and studied math at the high school level while in elementary school. These kids also have both advantages and disadvantages. They are often misplaced because of being out of step developmentally with peers. The happiest life is to be slightly above average. This is enough to impress everyone sufficiently without being out of step. People online often report ridiculously high IQs and then post with no evidence of such a level of intelligence. Genius IQs tend to demonstrate themselves without having to declare a number.
Yeah, my friend told me my score was bad ^^" he was a charming guy.
I don't think IQ tests are very good, because if you have a good memory you get good grades. I got mostly As for GCSE but that was literally just remembering the facts and the system then linking them. Nothing to do with problem solving skills or anything.
In my family, good grades come with interest. You can see this in ost of my work. If I'm not enjoying something or finding something boring, then I don't do well. It's all about concentration. I got a C in maths because I couldn't care less about what the sums answer is, as it doesn't mean anything without context. I do well in English and history because I like them XD

Last edited:
Malcolm Gladwell is very unapologetic in his book "Outliers" when he describes Langan.

It's hard to type a person that poorly socialized. The narcissism would lead people to label him as an ENTP, but given how hardened he has become, it may not be his real type.

He would have been far more egotistical had he been an ENTP, and the world would REALLY know his name.

His understanding of the universe and society is mine. I've stated things like that for years, with the rest of the ideas in my mind unstated.

I'm nothing like as intelligent as he is, however these videos are affirming my ideas.

He's talking about The Order of Shai Gar in the third part.

Is there any proof that your IQ correlates to you level of intelligence?

Yes, but the higher the deviation from the mean, the less predictive the results are.

Of course the uncertainty involved with IQ tests is rarely discussed, hence it is almost as pseudoscientific as MBTI.

So, who wants to guess this guy's type?

His body language and inflections are almost identical to my ENTP friend, in fact to an alarming degree.

He tends to focus on possibilities (Ne) and how things work (Ti) more than answers (Ni) and how things relate (Te). He also mentioned having trouble with the spatial orientation (Ni) and number problems (Te).

My money is on ENTP. Only an ENTP would be working as a bouncer or construction worker and have the capacity to get the highest score on an IQ test. It is the classic ENTP merger of amazing capacity with a relentless lack of ambition to achieve anything more than comfort, which is the ENTPs measure of success according to my friend.

not ENTP, nothing like one of us. He's an introvert, and probably an SJ.

ISTJ more than likely.

He has accomplished awfully little, and his general ideas on the universe god and evolution, based on what I read on wikipedia is what I had over a year ago.

I'm not impressed by this guy at all, sure he's possibly the smartest man on the planet based on IQ tests, but his ambitions are not on par to say the least.

Another example of why IQ tests in no way illustrate how you are going to succeed in life, also, Einstein's IQ is not estimated at 180 as stated in the video, but rather 160.

Yeah, my friend told me my score was bad ^^" he was a charming guy.
I don't think IQ tests are very good, because if you have a good memory you get good grades. I got mostly As for GCSE but that was literally just remembering the facts and the system then linking them. Nothing to do with problem solving skills or anything.
In my family, good grades come with interest. You can see this in ost of my work. If I'm not enjoying something or finding something boring, then I don't do well. It's all about concentration. I got a C in maths because I couldn't care less about what the sums answer is, as it doesn't mean anything without context. I do well in English and history because I like them XD
If your friend actually believes that is a bad score, then it strongly suggests his actual IQ is significantly below 126 because it shows he doesn't understand the system.

I've been on other sites where nearly everyone reports IQs of 150 - 200 without realizing how unrealistic that is. There are people with such IQs, but not so many as are reporting these. IQs that high don't require reporting to be known by others. They are self-evident. There has sprung up a strange internet fad that reports these crazy high numbers. IQ 174 occurs once in every 500,000 people. I know about the sites with easy IQ tests to get high scores so people will feel special and purchase their book, but there might be something else influencing it.

http://www.iqsociety.org/general/IQchart.pdf

Last edited: