IQ & Type | INFJ Forum

IQ & Type

Baccal

Sep 18, 2009
MBTI
INFJ
Hi all,

I am new here and I wondered if anybody knows anything about MBTI and IQ and whether having an IQ above 130 would affect MBTI allocation?

Thx for your help in advance.

I have an IQ

Thats the most insightful thing I could think of

Yo mama so dumb she doesn't even have an IQ!

ZZZZZZIng :m068:

Reactions: acd
Haha Lucifer, I'm glad you started this because I was scratching my head on coming up with a decent comment for this.

Well, it seems to me as though IQ would only have a small affect on MBTI allocation.

Most of the people on this forum probably have IQs over 130...

I have an IQ

Thats the most insightful thing I could think of

Yo mama so dumb she doesn't even have an IQ!

ZZZZZZIng :m068:

Oh yeah, Yo mama is so fat that when she bends over, it's sunrise

lol, IQ and MBTI very different..I find no correlation what so ever, though I have to admit..I always test between 135-141.

Most of the people on this forum probably have IQs over 130...
Statistically unlikely.

In any case, though there seems to be some correlation between IQ and Type (INxx's tend to be higher, as I recall,) all types have people with very high, and very low IQs. So, just given a person's IQ, there's no way you can say "Well, they can't be type X," or anything like that.

I estimate I have an IQ of 120 or so. I've never taken a formal test.

I would say that the measure of traditional IQ is typical of academia, which favors systematizing types such as INTPs and INTJs. That isn't to say that those types are more intelligent overall, buy rather that the structure of IQ tests probably favor their particular brand of intelligence.

I estimate I have an IQ of 120 or so. I've never taken a formal test.

I would say that the measure of traditional IQ is typical of academia, which favors systematizing types such as INTPs and INTJs. That isn't to say that those types are more intelligent overall, buy rather that the structure of IQ tests probably favor their particular brand of intelligence.

And that's the problem with the use of the conventional IQ test. It discriminates, placing those who excel in the maths or sciences above those who excel in the arts. In other words, it encourages the culture to value human sciences relative to the physical sciences. Instead of considering the relative value of knowledge, it teaches the society to value people primarily because of their abilities, a genetic/biological reality not of their own creation. It's what you do with your IQ, how hard you work to develop an ability in the interest of human growth and development which ideally should matter more.

Last edited:
And that's the problem with the use of the conventional IQ test. It discriminates, placing those who excel in the maths or sciences above those who excel in the arts. In other words, it encourages the culture to value human sciences relative to the physical sciences.

True. I think to truly get a picture of each type, emotional intelligence, social intelligence, creative intelligence, innovative intelligence, and kinesthetic intelligence should all be taken into consideration. Who is to say that Michael Phelps is any less gifted than Bill Gates? Or that Steve Chen is any less brilliant than Oprah Winfrey?

True. I think to truly get a picture of each type, emotional intelligence, social intelligence, creative intelligence, innovative intelligence, and kinesthetic intelligence should all be taken into consideration. Who is to say that Michael Phelps is any less gifted than Bill Gates? Or that Steve Chen is any less brilliant than Oprah Winfrey?

This is very true, which I think that in the end almost all humans fall in the same range, we all excel at various aspects and do poorly on others. If other measures where to be taken into account, we will all pretty much be the same.

IQ and MBTI has an extremely loose corralation to one another. I doubt if there is even somewhat of a corralation.

IQ and MBTI has an extremely loose corralation to one another. I doubt if there is even somewhat of a corralation.
Why? I mean, it's very possible that there isn't a correlation, but why do you doubt it in particular?

Is there any proof that your IQ correlates to you level of intelligence?

Why? I mean, it's very possible that there isn't a correlation, but why do you doubt it in particular?

Because I can't see a pattern to it with people that I meet in real life. The "data points", if you will, are all over the place. I know really smart and quite dumb people for a variety of types.

I believe there is. However I really disagree with IQ equating to overall intelligence. While I seriously doubt someone with an IQ of 100 would be able to do quantum physics, it doesn't mean they are incapable of getting a masters degree or beyond in some field. Besides, intelligence has near limitless aspects to it, IQ just measures one of the aspects.

Last edited:
To answer that question, we'd have to define what "level of intelligence" means, wouldn't we? I mean, IQ is an attempt to put a number to intelligence, so you'd need another measure of intelligence to compare it to.

Because I can't see a pattern to it with people that I meet in real life. The "data points", if you will, are all over the place. I know really smart and quite dumb people for a variety of types.
Oh, ok. The studies I have seen do show strong correlations between "N" and IQ and "I" and IQ; they seem pretty solid correlations, too. However, as hinted above, this is just one measure of intelligence. Someone that functions as a "really smart" person does not necessarily have a very high IQ, and visa versa.

hmm I don't think IQ and MBTIs are related.
anyways, I still believe human intelligence can't be measured.

187, but I don't know what that means

Reactions: Pristinegirl
To answer that question, we'd have to define what "level of intelligence" means, wouldn't we? I mean, IQ is an attempt to put a number to intelligence, so you'd need another measure of intelligence to compare it to.

So basically no, not at this point at least.