INTP/INFJ derailment discussion | Page 18 | INFJ Forum

INTP/INFJ derailment discussion

Also, I don't know what this is all about, but Cleveland is quite a sensitive fella...

Hos: *writes perfectly sensible post*
Cleve: well you're WRONG because 6 months ago you said this thing that proved I was intellectually der bestest muhahaha

*5 seconds later, in a different post* PS. I'm not sensitive

Only joshing you, Cleveland :-*

Reactions: Reason and April
I noticed, which is why I added a video of Muppets playing angry heavy metal (Slayer) to my post. ;)

I find it funny how, from my viewpoint anyway, this forum allows for more focused depth than in many real life conversations but also way more drama.

In real life I rarely ever witness these kinds of antics, meltdowns etc. It's really quite curious in a way. I suppose the internet does that to people.

I find it funny how, from my viewpoint anyway, this forum allows for more focused depth than in many real life conversations but also way more drama.

In real life I rarely ever witness these kinds of antics, meltdowns etc. It's really quite curious in a way. I suppose the internet does that to people.

The internet does change how people behave. As a whole, the forum is more open and emotional that other places and people use it differently than they are allowed to use relationships IRL. The funny part, though, is that online is real life.

The funny part, though, is that online is real life.

It is real life but not in the same sense as what we call IRL is real life, I suppose. Perhaps embodied vs. dematerialised would be more accurate. But that sounds pretentious lol.

As a whole, the forum is more open and emotional that other places and people use it differently than they are allowed to use relationships IRL.

Agreed.

It is real life but not in the same sense as what we call IRL is real life, I suppose. Perhaps embodied vs. dematerialised would be more accurate. But that sounds pretentious lol.

The more we live online and have a presence online, and the more that presence is mixed with our off-line identities, the more we will face consequences for our online actions. We feel the emotional repercussions of our online actions (both positive and negative), even if we never have to have that experience face-to-face. As we continue into the 21st century and the Internet becomes more and more integrated into "self" (it is already a major part of our lives), we have no choice but to stop thinking about the Internet as "other" (as fantasy, as fake, as a place where we can behave any way we want) and behave online as we would in person. It is plausible that as the decades roll forward, the line in the sand will disappear. For now, we have the comfort of being somewhat (not entirely) anonymous if we want, but our emotions and "instinctual" physical responses to stimuli do not know the difference.

It is plausible that as the decades roll forward, the line in the sand will disappear.

How do you see that playing out in practice?

I'm a little more reserved about this possibility but it is definitely a possibility.

Oh so now it's the internetz fault
giphy.gif

:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Reactions: David54 and Ren
Reactions: April
It's the internet's fault that it's the people's fault. Or something. :p
giphy.gif

Edit... changed gifs bc the other one looked much different when it got bigger lolol

Last edited:
Reactions: Ren
How do you see that playing out in practice?

I'm a little more reserved about this possibility but it is definitely a possibility.
Actually I'm reserved about that too, it's a little scary. :flushed: ---- But for now, Ill keep on posting Hitler/inappropriate memes without fear. :)

Reactions: Reason and Ren
The more we live online and have a presence online, and the more that presence is mixed with our off-line identities, the more we will face consequences for our online actions. We feel the emotional repercussions of our online actions (both positive and negative), even if we never have to have that experience face-to-face. As we continue into the 21st century and the Internet becomes more and more integrated into "self" (it is already a major part of our lives), we have no choice but to stop thinking about the Internet as "other" (as fantasy, as fake, as a place where we can behave any way we want) and behave online as we would in person. It is plausible that as the decades roll forward, the line in the sand will disappear. For now, we have the comfort of being somewhat (not entirely) anonymous if we want, but our emotions and "instinctual" physical responses to stimuli do not know the difference.

Hmm, yeah, I think it might happen.

I already noticed it in myself. I used to be lot "braver" online (especially with girls) but I soon realised that it doesn't do me any good because the disparity between face to face and online was too great.

Still, I think I am far more likely to enter a confrontation online than face to face, I come across a bit more gentle face to face for sure,

Hmm, yeah, I think it might happen.

I already noticed it in myself. I used to be lot "braver" online (especially with girls) but I soon realised that it doesn't do me any good because the disparity between face to face and online was too great.

Still, I think I am far more likely to enter a confrontation online than face to face, I come across a bit more gentle face to face for sure,
Meee tooooo. It has to be severe for me to get into confrontation face to face unless I am really comfy with them.

Reactions: Asa
I'm just as much of an asshole offline as on

Reactions: Reason and April
Whatever lets you sleep at night

6c50a596a0a52c15e270d23809c94d55.jpeg
I looked. You were the last to post a meme about rage quitting. I replied with words. :smirk::sweatsmile:

Carry on. :p

Reactions: David54
I looked. You were the last to post a meme about rage quitting. I replied with words. :smirk::sweatsmile:

Carry on. :p

My rage quit comments were just me being silly btw
Not really my style to do that kinda thing

Reactions: April