INTP/INFJ derailment discussion | Page 19 | INFJ Forum

INTP/INFJ derailment discussion

You do, but I think this whole thread is confusing to people so I'm just being clear

My dear boy

this whole site is confusing
2gztsj.jpg

git gud :laughing:

jk tho, if you need help with anything just PM any staff :)

Does that include questions about people's pee pees, what can be expected of the British economy when it is out of the EU and why Italians don't cry daily from their fall from grace in the past couple millennia?
Prepare your inbox there's a load coming:hushed::smirk:

Does that include questions about people's pee pees, what can be expected of the British economy when it is out of the EU and why Italians don't cry daily from their fall from grace in the past couple millennia?
Prepare your inbox there's a load coming:hushed::smirk:

Well I am ignorant as fuck about most things because I'm American, but I'll always try my best

In real life I rarely ever witness these kinds of antics, meltdowns etc. It's really quite curious in a way. I suppose the internet does that to people.

The internet does change how people behave. As a whole, the forum is more open and emotional that other places and people use it differently than they are allowed to use relationships IRL. The funny part, though, is that online is real life.

It is real life but not in the same sense as what we call IRL is real life, I suppose. Perhaps embodied vs. dematerialised would be more accurate. But that sounds pretentious lol.

The nearest I can get to the internet social experience, and much older, is the social experience of driving compared with face to face. It strips away a little bit of civilised norms because people are insulated from the consequences of their behaviour to a degree, and can flee easily up to a point. The analogy breaks down of course because vehicles have a high direct physical risk element to them as well - but even so, the similarities seem striking to me.

The nearest I can get to the internet social experience, and much older, is the social experience of driving compared with face to face. It strips away a little bit of civilised norms because people are insulated from the consequences of their behaviour to a degree, and can flee easily up to a point. The analogy breaks down of course because vehicles have a high direct physical risk element to them as well - but even so, the similarities seem striking to me.
Some of us have 10 year long persona's to keep up, okay?

It's hard to break out of a reputation ten years in the making.

Admittedly, you come up with pretty stupid persona's when you're 15. The growing pains, are, as our dear president might say,

Tremendous

Admittedly, you come up with pretty stupid persona's when you're 15. The growing pains, are, as our dear president might say,

Tremendous

Is this the music kids listen to these days?

(Note: I am trying to transition from edgy teen rep to out of touch grandma trapped in a mid twenties body)

Haha idk it's old stuff, I'm old stuff, just a pile of dust I am.
Just seemed like a motivating song for the emotions you were conveying.

Just a guess...?

Fi = "I like this. I don't like that. This is just who I am and what I believe and that is just who they are and what they believe..."
Fe = "In this situation act like this(x), and when such and such happens, this looks/is/works well here. But something is wrong about this situation/context, or should have been said or performed this(y) way"
Ti = "I know this is correct/consistent/accurate. They know this is true/correct. Or do they? This makes sense, and fits this model/rule/framework. This does not make sense. This is not true...or 'bullshit!'"
Te = "This works because of these conditions(x) or in said context; This will work with these objects(or subjects), but not well with those ones. But this doesn't work at all; this is a total mess because (x,y,z)..."

maybe???
Sounds about right.
For Te... I'm pretty sure x, y, z were my lab partners back in college. (X was tossed out for smoking too much weed and skipping classes, Y was just lost and Z would not share any results, totally missing out on the definition of partner.)

Tremendous
Ha! You are referring to someone with a very dense 55 year old teenage persona. God preserve you from that fate.

I only came across this thread when it was already too long to join from the beginning - I was away visiting new family :). I think it was a brave thing you did, trying to set up a lighting conductor, and not at all the act of an immature teenage persona. The problem is that while some of us are de-energised by social friction, others suck up the energy and enjoy it - so the situation then generates its own indefinite energy supply. I find these social conflicts de-energising and stressful myself, and don’t enjoy them. The main value judgement I’d make is that they repel sensitive folks who joined the forum in the hope of escaping the rowdier elements in the playground. I have less of a problem with derailment as such - it goes with both sorts of intuition and often opens up rewarding new angles on the OP theme, whatever it is. If the derailment gets out of hand, that’s often fixed by someone derailing the derailment (if you see what I mean). Mind you that won’t work for these emotionally charged exchanges - they only stop when the source of energy is withdrawn. I only hope that happens with the US / Iran thing - a typical example, with the usual rational intellectual argument scarcely hiding an Fi meltdown.

Just a guess...?

Fi = "I like this. I don't like that. This is just who I am and what I believe and that is just who they are and what they believe..."
Fe = "In this situation act like this(x), and when such and such happens, this looks/is/works well here. But something is wrong about this situation/context, or should have been said or performed this(y) way"
Ti = "I know this is correct/consistent/accurate. They know this is true/correct. Or do they? This makes sense, and fits this model/rule/framework. This does not make sense. This is not true...or 'bullshit!'"
Te = "This works because of these conditions(x) or in said context; This will work with these objects(or subjects), but not well with those ones. But this doesn't work at all; this is a total mess because (x,y,z)..."

maybe???

Fi is interesting. Did anyone notice in Fi (dom or aux) users they know, that they really do not know what they want? I don't know, for people who supposedly think so much about what they like/dislike, they can be quite clueless and just floating around.

Either be it in terms of career or in terms or relationship. I had an INFP ex, who had ESTJ, INTP and ENFJ boyfriends in the last 3 years, That's quite a wide array of different personalities. It was really obvious to everyone that INFP-ESTJ relationship would not last, and that's how it proved at the end.

I think INFJs know much better what they want, at least in terms of relationships. So I would almost attribute "knowing what you want" to Ni. This is because Ni can future pace and do detached mental experiments, while Fi is too caught up in the moment/feelings.

INFPs seem to operate with a time-lag. It takes them a lot of time to realise certain things, when it's quite obvious to others.

Again, my limited sample size etc.

Last edited:
Ha! You are referring to someone with a very dense 55 year old teenage persona. God preserve you from that fate.

I only came across this thread when it was already too long to join from the beginning - I was away visiting new family :). I think it was a brave thing you did, trying to set up a lighting conductor, and not at all the act of an immature teenage persona. The problem is that while some of us are de-energised by social friction, others suck up the energy and enjoy it - so the situation then generates its own indefinite energy supply. I find these social conflicts de-energising and stressful myself, and don’t enjoy them. The main value judgement I’d make is that they repel sensitive folks who joined the forum in the hope of escaping the rowdier elements in the playground. I have less of a problem with derailment as such - it goes with both sorts of intuition and often opens up rewarding new angles on the OP theme, whatever it is. If the derailment gets out of hand, that’s often fixed by someone derailing the derailment (if you see what I mean). Mind you that won’t work for these emotionally charged exchanges - they only stop when the source of energy is withdrawn. I only hope that happens with the US / Iran thing - a typical example, with the usual rational intellectual argument scarcely hiding an Fi meltdown.
I didn't really foresee what was going to happen

Not sure I would have acted different or not

Mostly i just didn't think through the possible implications. Seemed like a logical solution. Didn't really work that way

I didn't really foresee what was going to happen

Not sure I would have acted different or not

Mostly i just didn't think through the possible implications. Seemed like a logical solution. Didn't really work that way
I think you were just fine giving it a go. It developed so astonishingly quickly that you have obviously captured a bit of forum zeitgeist. I’ve spent my life agonising between saying too much or too little - I aspire to this these days as long as (for me) it’s qualified by respect for others as well

29B73F93-8BB3-4272-9D24-6AC6CF7A10AC.jpeg

@John K you mean I'm not the only one who still feels like a teenager -or very young adult- on the inside? Like I just don't feel my age... lol.

How are the new little ones? :)
I’m getting more reckless with age lol. It’s crap staying a teenager all our lives but this second childhood is a wonder :tonguewink:.

The twins are doing fine. Lyra has a touch of jaundice and lost too much weight so that was a bit worrying but she seems ok now thank goodness. They are gorgeous - I’ll post more piccies in my blog soon :)

Last edited:
I’m getting more reckless with age lol. It’s crap staying a teenager all our lives but this second childhood is a wonder :tonguewink:.

The twins are doing fine. Lyra has a touch of jaundice and list too much weight so that was a bit worrying but she seems ok now than goodness. They are gorgeous - I’ll post more piccies in my blog soon :)
Ooo "more" pics means there's pics there, and I haven't been there in a bit anyways .. *heads there now* <3