INTJ+INFJ: help appreciated | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

INTJ+INFJ: help appreciated

firstly, i didn't ask for people to share their experiences

Does anybody have any experience with this pairing who would feel comfortable making sweeping generalizations about it?

Maybe I am misinterpreting the intent of the initial question needing "experience" behind it.

I am a male intj. I am dating a female infj.
Does anybody have any experience with this pairing who would feel comfortable making sweeping generalizations about it? What's the good? What's the bad? What could be done better? What do you, if you are an infj (preferably heterosexual female) wish you could tell/could've told your partner?

the rules for posting in this thread:
-no posting about how personality types are vague and indeterminate. i mean, duh. we all know that and you're a member of this forum so get out of here with that crap.
-please refrain from posting if you are particularly jaded and, as a result, less than objective in your post.
-i can't think of anything else right now beyond "stay on topic" and "don't be an ass" which should always be courtesy, anyway

Thanks a bunch!

Learn what things bug her and dont do them. :)

My experience with a male INTJ:

Pros:
I appreciate his intelligence, his insightfulness, and the fact he can largely be reasoned with. He's quite a conversationalist and there's always plenty to discuss, though we often disagree. While he selectively (or at least infrequently) displays vulnerability, I find it intensely interesting when he does.

Cons:
He can either be apparently or actually emotionally cold; sometimes he lacks emotionally expressive feedback that I would appreciate. His penchant for solitude also highlights the discrepency between our levels of social inclination. Now and then he demonstrates what I would perceive as a paucity of social understanding, but in some ways I find this display, and its associated discomfort, refreshingly revelatory in comparison to a typically controlled presentation. Lastly, his apparent desire to "win" or be "right" can, at times, supercede his pursuit of truth.

What I would suggest to him:
If you actually feel something of significance, I would encourage its articulation and expression.

[MENTION=1798]Feelings[/MENTION]: Best INTJ ever.