• ESTP

Votes: 1 2.7%

• Total voters

Blase

Regular Poster
Feb 10, 2010
MBTI
INF J/p
All types will get a majority of SFJ mothers. About 40 or 50% of females are SFJ if I remember the stats correctly.

All types will get a majority of SFJ mothers. About 40 or 50% of females are SFJ if I remember the stats correctly.
Depends on how MBTI occurs. If it is mostly due to environment, and interaction with parents, then there may be some probabilistic Markov chains of how all the types cause each other in parenting cycles. (not too strictly, of course, because it's a multi-variable process)

ENTJ. I blame her for my not-so-soft side.

My mother is the biggest ISFJ EVER.

Last edited:
ISFJ

INFJ

I think I am closer to her, then anyone else I know.

Despite us having the same type, and being really insanely alike, there are some big differences. From a function standpoint her order is (Might have swapped two letters, but I think this is it):

Ni>Fi>Ne>Fe>Te>Ti>Si>Se

Where as mine is:

Ni>Si>Fe>Te>Ti>Fi>Ne>Se

Our Si/Ne weight is vastly different, and that is where 80% of our differences comes from.

My mom is an ENFJ. She is one of those rare people who are loved by all. "Aunt Bev" is always a favorite of all the cousins. We get along just fine and I owe most of my better qualities to her.

ISFJ. Great heart and very caring. But also very judgmental and fearful. Tends to focus on materialism in the sense of a continuous need to assess and acquire/shop for things. Continuous bargain hunter (and good at it.) Likes to find bargains and then ship me the results. Hates sharing chores and or concern for herself. Endlessly giving, great mother considering the crap she went through growing up. Encouraged my creativity and individuality with a quiet passion. In an argument, has a tendency to claim, honestly, that the opponent said something entirely different than what they said.

Last edited:
ESFJ...:m185:

ISFJ here. Her Fe is amazing but I find her frustratingly shallow at times and she avoided to death, any kind of negativity or problems that I had.

ENFP. We disagreed a lot growing up, but she always made my sister and I her number one priority. Family time is hugely important to her, and she has a huge heart.

Crap...the person I'm seeing is an ENFP. Freud would have a field day.

My mother is an ESFJ, which I think must be the observed trend to which you are referring.

She and I are very close, but we do have our highly conflicting moments. She is incredibly loving and is always laughing and trying to make me laugh, but sometimes it seems that she only has that one mode. Well, that and her freak-out mode--she can seem a bit bossy at times and never lets me do things in my own way or in my own time. But back to the aforementioned point, she always likes to make what seems to me to be "small talk," and she doesn't like discussing a lot of the things I would bring up because she considers them irrelevent or too hypothetical or too serious or whatever. She doesn't like theories or philosophies or what-could-have-beens, things like that, and I think she thinks I'm a little too abstract and too skeptical for my own good. Anyway, when she isn't interested in something I am saying, she simply tunes me out, and when I ask her if she's listening to me, she says she had to stop listening because I was talking too much. This has always really confused me, because she seems to think I am always talking too much or too little, and the only time I really talk that much at once is when I'm feeling very passionately about something.

But, I mean, there are some really great things about her, too, obviously. For one, there's what I mentioned above, about how she is always so jovial. And she is incredibly nurturing and is always trying to help me with something or cheer me up when she thinks I am unhappy (she misgages my emotions a lot). I know that my mother would literally do anything for me.

MF, Lol, my Dad is an INTJ and I married an INTJ. What would Freud say about THAT?

MF, Lol, my Dad is an INTJ and I married an INTJ. What would Freud say about THAT?
Ha! We must be afflicted by so many subconscious complexes. I don't know how we function in society!

ISTP (most likely, maybe E - very outgoing at least).

She's great! Her and my sister don't get on too well, but I get on with her splendidly :) Ironically, seeing as they're similar types.

Last edited:
My mother tested as an ISFJ once. I've always doubted that she's an introvert though.