• ESFP

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • ESTJ

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • ESTP

Votes: 1 2.7%

• Total voters
ESFJ

We couldn't be more different people. I love her dearly though, despite our differences of opinion on practically everything!

Also, alot of mothers seem to be ESFJ's, don't they? I think ESFJ's gravitate towards the role.

ENFJ. I think she's an enneagram 3w2. She has charisma, appeal and sophistication about her, and she always ends up in leadership roles wherever she goes. I think she's influenced me by being this model of a strong woman to me.

ESTJ

All expressions of sympathy will be greatly accepted.

Tell me about it. My mom tested as ESFJ but I feel she is way more ESTJ. Or she has one hell of T streak going on. She is just way to cold and domineering to be ESFJ. Every ESFJ is a lot softer and more F than my mom. I talked with Nobble Heart about this and I agreed with him. That its a result of women or men mistyping because of gender roles.

It makes being an INFJ really hard. Sometimes I wish I was a hard ass NT. She thinks its rough having me as a son damn watchout.lol

One thing I find very odd is my mom really hates when I get emotional, angry , sad whatever. She almost wants everyone to repress these feelings.

And I think the biggest issue is she doesn't perceive how she treats others but is will shut down if you point any criticisms her way. She will rip me down and I bring up a counter point and she gets angry because I questioned or discredited her for something.

Its really hard when you INFJ who need the opposite of what an ESTJ can give. I need support I get yelled at to just do whatever it is. I love her but damn sometimes I just can't take it anymore. This is where a lot of my hate for the SJ personalities types comes from.

Crap...the person I'm seeing is an ENFP. Freud would have a field day.

MF, Lol, my Dad is an INTJ and I married an INTJ. What would Freud say about THAT?

I don't care if she's the most beautiful and rich woman that ever lived, I would rather be punched in the face to death than be in a relationship with an ESTJ. Seriously.

Last edited:
Tell me about it. My mom tested as ESFJ but I feel she is way more ESTJ. Or she has one hell of T streak going on. She is just way to cold and domineering to be ESFJ. Every ESFJ is a lot softer and more F than my mom. I talked with Nobble Heart about this and I agreed with him. That its a result of women or men mistyping because of gender roles.

It makes being an INFJ really hard. Sometimes I wish I was a hard ass NT. She thinks its rough having me as a son damn watchout.lol

One thing I find very odd is my mom really hates when I get emotional, angry , sad whatever. She almost wants everyone to repress these feelings.

And I think the biggest issue is she doesn't perceive how she treats others but is will shut down if you point any criticisms her way. She will rip me down and I bring up a counter point and she gets angry because I questioned or discredited her for something.

Its really hard when you INFJ who need the opposite of what an ESTJ can give. I need support I get yelled at to just do whatever it is. I love her but damn sometimes I just can't take it anymore. This is where a lot of my hate for the SJ personalities types comes from.

^ lol, I wish I was an INFJ so I could get along with my mother better. She's way too lenient with me, she supports me even when I am making the wrong choices. We should switch temperaments, it'd make both our lives easier ;)

I don't care if she's the most beautiful and rich woman that ever lived, I would rather be punched in the face to death than be in a relationship with an ESTJ. Seriously.

Seconded, please oh powers that be don't put me with an ESTJ.

^ lol, I wish I was an INFJ so I could get along with my mother better. She's way too lenient with me, she supports me even when I am making the wrong choices. We should switch temperaments, it'd make both our lives easier ;)

Maybe maybe not. But it would be fun. New show Mom Swap!

ESFJ

We couldn't be more different people. I love her dearly though, despite our differences of opinion on practically everything!

Also, alot of mothers seem to be ESFJ's, don't they? I think ESFJ's gravitate towards the role.

My [ESFJ] mother told me once, when I asked her what her ambitions were as a child, that she'd always hoped to "have babies." As soon as I could walk, she started her own daycare service from inside our home.

ISTJ. Dedicated teacher, but largely absent mother. Loves power games and manipulation. Very determined and quite ambitious, within her comfort zone. Seeks approval of higher authority. Scathing of those she considers less than herself. Delegates with high expectations. Perfectionistic. Very hard on other people, but also on herself, although as this is transferred onto others, it remains beneath the surface. Quite cold, emotionally. Very generous with money and other tokens of affection, but rarely affectionate. I can't easily think of her as a mother, but I do believe she does her best according to the person she is, and her self-limiting understanding of love.

Reactions: Raccoon Love
My mom's an ESFJ. She's always been a great source of emotional support for me, we have hardly ever gotten upset with each other, not to say we don't disagree on a few things. She's always been very religious, and I've been becoming less and less religious as I've gotten older, so hopefully that won't be a point of conflict in the future. I guess I'll just try not to bring it up. But I suppose that's another thing, although shes always been there for me emotionally, everything I'm interested in seems to go right over her head, and having somebody really care about my interests was something I think I lacked growing up. But all in all, I don't know where I'd be without my mother, she's the kindest, most loving and joyful-hearted person I know. Aww... I feel like I should write her a letter now or something :p Nah, mother's day is next month

I know my ESTJ mother loves me, although she never says so, and she did everything she could for me. But at almost 50 years old I'm still affected by her judgments and criticisms. Not of me directly, but of everyone else. After all if she is so critical of everyone, why wouldn't she be equally as critical of me?

But when she is criticized she gets very defensive.

She is also the ultimate "be in charge" person. She can't NOT take over and run the show.

I summed up my mother and I and our differences to a friend recently:

My mother has high expectations of people and when they don't meet those expectations there is something wrong with them.

I have high expectations of people and when they don't meet those expectations there is something wrong with me.

My INFJ wife's mother was an INTJ. My INFJ son's mother is, you guessed it, an INFJ.

Both my parents are INFJ.

(You can imagine how quiet and sentimental home was - and how it is that our pet cat became the ultimate ruler of the domestic situation).

Reactions: bagelriffic

(You can imagine how quiet and sentimental home was - and how it is that our pet cat became the ultimate ruler of the domestic situation).

funny-pictures-your-cat-plans-world-domination.jpg

3887356622_23f059e45f_o.jpg

okay but on a more serious note: my mom's an INFJ. maybe ENFJ but i think probably INFJ. but she really has developed her Sensing well too, i think.

my dad on the other hand, i believe is an ISTJ...

Last edited:
INFP and we are very close. shes pretty much the reason i am a 24 year old still chasing dreams :) ly ma

Reactions: Flavus Aquila
My INFJ wife's mother was an INTJ. My INFJ son's mother is, you guessed it, an INFJ.

How lucky did he get, I wish I was that lucky.lol

I bet that was a nice house that wasn't full of noise all the damn time.lol Again lucky