INFJ's As Soldiers. | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

INFJ's As Soldiers.

Yes we are shallow pools.

Nah, you're deep pools with crystal clear water, entirely different!

Also, Blindbandit, there's room for more!;D

I've said it before and I'll say it again, you guys scare me sometimes.

Reactions: IndigoSensor
Some clear pools are an optical illusion.

There's a video on youtube about an INFJ attack helicopter pilot.

He does fine.

Synopsis: He always felt different (SHOCK AND SURPRISE!)

But he does well in tactical situations because he is a good team builder and can understand how others he is with will react.

I think now he has moved into an instructor role, which would be a great fit.

p.s. The day we don't need a military is the day we all undergo massive brain surgery at birth.

Last edited:
Summation of thread: Your type doesn't matter when it comes to the military.

Feeling types attack with claws, nuclear bombs and handbags.

And a good understanding of what makes you tic, it's the most dangerous weapon of all.

Thinking types with WITTY RETORTS and NASTY STARES.

Woah I am scared, you know next to nuclear bombs witty retorts make me piss my pants.

Obviously one should avoid evil Thinkers above all!

Nah thinkers are a soft touch they just don't know it.

Feelers are harmless in comparison!

Nah feelers can bear extreme claws.

Feelers are people not teddy bears.

Last edited:
Reactions: Blind Bandit

This is pretty much it, they're going to tear you down and rebuild you into what they want you to be.

I'm sorry, but following a government and obeying orders you cannot fully comprehend while making no attempt to understand your enemy's culture is not my idea of noble.

I speak 11 languages and was trained in every culture I was ever sent into. 'Know your enemy' is a prerequisite to victory. Knowing the difference between your enemy and his culture is a prerequisite to success after victory.

In my opinion, there is no such thing as a noble soldier.

Funny, I sometimes feel that there is no such thing as a noble civilian when I hear things like this. Until someone has served their country, I do not feel they are entitled to many of the rights afforded by that country, other than the basic protection afforded by the police and military - people who are willing to risk their lives to protect and defend others. There is nothing more noble than that.

Certainley not in todays world.

Only technology has changed. Human nature remains. That is why The Art of War is still as viable today as it was when it was written. From the safety of your room, city, and nation, it is easy to feel as if these notions are outdated, but the only reason you are so safe in these places is because of the people who insure your safety by risking their lives everyday.

INFJ's lack the necessary functions to be villians Peppermint.

INFJs have the functions necessary to be heroes. Real ones who defend people like you from all the evils of the world, so you can be free to spout off nonsense on the internet from the safety and security of your room, city, and nation. INFJs, and many others who you insist are not noble, have bled and died so you can have this freedom.

T is most definately a prequisite, and some form of unbiased perception too.

N, S, T, and especially F are all requirements for any successful human being, especially a soldier. N and S are required to stay alert and be aware of circumstances, immediete and potential. T is important to have good reasoning in those situations, and F is crucial so that the soldier maintain a moral compass in situations where T could otherwise justify cruelty that would only lead to terrible repricussions for the individual and also their cause.

INFJ's are too nice. When they're nasty it's school girl nasty. Not very threatening, just kinda cute.

Sure, there are some INFJs who are school girl nasty when they get mean, but in a lot of cases those INFJs are in fact school girls. The INFJ personality type is strongly filtered by obligations and responsibilities. Those who are in a position to have to make tough choices make them decisively, but with keen internal deliberation.

Nearly all of the military INFJs I know have killed while in the service, either in direct combat or through vehicular assaults. Two of the INFJs I know have killed in self defense outside of the service, one of them very recently - he killed one of three armed muggers that attacked him and injured one of the others before they escaped. None of them had any trouble doing so. The only issues that any of them have expressed over it was whether or not they did the right thing when they had to, but that seldom lasted long because none of them would have considered killing in the first place if they were not very sure they were in the right.

Reactions: Inquisitive
So you learned the culture and language of the people, and yet called them enemy and killed them afterwards?

Ah, I see how this gives you the moral highground.

Heroes don't use bullets sir.

Simple as that.

You forget that the world is only a dangerous place because of ideas like yours, that justify war, discourse and murder.

We would not need protected by such men if such men did not exist.

So you learned the culture and language of the people, and yet called them enemy and killed them afterwards?

Ah, I see how this gives you the moral highground.

Heroes don't use bullets sir.

Simple as that.

You forget that the world is only a dangerous place because of ideas like yours, that justify war, discourse and murder.

We would not need protected by such men if such men did not exist.

You're being far overly idealistic to how the world should be, but that is not how the world is, and we must do what we do in this world. It's sad but there is no other way around it. You think VH's way of thinking is a piece that creates and justifies war? Oh ho, you are sadly mistaken.

I used to be very anti-military and war when I was in highschool, but that is because I didn't understand it, and I refused to understand it. You, are refusing to understand, and you will have this distorted view until you do look at it the way you should. There are many kinds of hero's, many don't use bullets, but some do. I dare you to think that of the men who fought on normandy beach in 1944. I don't like what they had to do, but they are hero's for it. If you do not feel that way, then you seriously have to think about your place in soceity.

Burying your head in the sand, is not an option.

I've never wanted to be part of society.

Never wanted to be human.

Just a ghost, I've always felt like that. A wee spectre.

They sicken me, with all their ways, so unlike and so alike to me.

Yet I find myself loving them.

It kills me.

Yes, I realise I'm not capable of addressing this thread in the right fashion and I'm not wise enough to understand the world.

Sorry VH.:(

Reactions: gloomy-optimist
I've never wanted to be part of society.

Never wanted to be human.

Just a ghost, I've always felt like that. A wee spectre.

They sicken me, with all their ways, so unlike and so alike to me.

Yet I find myself loving them.

It kills me.

Yes, I realise I'm not capable of addressing this thread in the right fashion and I'm not wise enough to understand the world.

Sorry VH.:(

Melkor, I have always loved your way of thinking. I also have such idealism of a perfect society, nothing to be sorry for. I have had the same thoughts you are posting here.

But please understand, that Indigo and VH are just trying to help. They have been through ore experience, I believe experience helps one become more realistic.

<3<3

I agree with what was said that being in the millitary would be toxic for an INFP.
My brother had a friend who joined the marines and was discharged for repeatedly laughing (nervously) into the face of his drill sargeant as he was being screamed at.

I can't imagine I'd do much different, either.

Last edited:
I agree with what was said that being in the millitary would be toxic for an INFP.
My brother had a friend who joined the marines and was discharged for repeatedly laughing (nervously) into the face of his drill sargeant as he was being screamed at.

I can't imagine I'd do much different, either.
I'd probably do the same thing. I'd never put myself in that position in the first place, but if I found myself there, I'd laugh.

I'd probably do the same thing. I'd never put myself in that position in the first place, but if I found myself there, I'd laugh.

Same..hell I would probably be put into sever depression..I just simply enjoy being easy-going, relaxed..it totally goes against my ideal lifestyle

Maybe I am an INFP.

Same..hell I would probably be put into sever depression..I just simply enjoy being easy-going, relaxed..it totally goes against my ideal lifestyle

Maybe I am an INFP.
I'd burst into a fit of laughter the second someone called me a maggot. That sort of lifestyle just isn't for me, and would make me extremely uncomfortable. Unless the war effort was focused on something I deeply believed in, I would feel so out of place in a rigid and scheduled environment, and the seriousness of death over a cause I disagree with would scare the bejebus out of me.

Reactions: acd

But rather it shows what sort of attributes you bring to the table and use well.

This is pretty much it, they're going to tear you down and rebuild you into what they want you to be.

You only break if you buck and reach your limit and fear going farther. Besides that nothing special.

I'd burst into a fit of laughter the second someone called me a maggot. That sort of lifestyle just isn't for me, and would make me extremely uncomfortable. Unless the war effort was focused on something I deeply believed in, I would feel so out of place in a rigid and scheduled environment, and the seriousness of death over a cause I disagree with would scare the bejebus out of me.

Same here. I would have to truly believe in the cause to do the military lifestyle.

Reactions: bamf
A large part of me doesn't like to admit this (and I think I can chalk being this way up to low Fi), I think if I were to boost myself physically for a while beforehand, I could do the military. I do NOT do well with being yelled at or scolded in any way. The thing is though, I internalize it. I don't flinch, I don't respond, I simply swallow it all. I used to say that I would collapse on the ground; that is untrue. I wouldn't I just feel like I would but I can't do it. The only issue I could forsee is I might cause too much internal damage and I would lose the abillity to be emotional at all. The thing is though, I do extremely well in organized, sceduled, class set systems. I internally do backflips at times, but I respond to orders quite well.