INFJs and money | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

INFJs and money

I've never had much money to deal with, so I think time will tell for me. I currently have a job but all of that money is going straight towards college. I think it's not so much that I'm bad with money, just that I know what I want to get and waste no time in doing so. I recently graduated high school and got $200 in Barnes & Noble gift cards. I immediately made a list of things I knew I wanted to get, then researched into what books I might want to get with the leftover money once I got the essentials. I ended up spending the entirety of the money in two days.

I know an INFJ who is the opposite of me: she's completely obessesed with managing her money. She once told me about how she's afraid of needing money and not having any, so she carefully saves away the money she makes from her photography business, like a little Silas Marner. She almost never spends it (she's pretty thrifty and literally owns less than five shirts and pairs of pants); she just needs the sense of security she gets from knowing she has it.

Last edited:
I'm good with money because I don't tend to want to spend it. As far as keeping track of it and stuff, um, I let my SO do that.

I agree very much with these statements.

And for me personally, debt makes me feel confined. Living within my means doesn't seem to be too hard.

I agree with this also. I hate debt.

The only issues I've had was with a spouse who spent three times faster than we could earn it.

Now an ex-spouse:wink:

For budgeting, I'd say I live a pretty comfortable life without all the frivolousness. Not good with saving at all, no motivation whatsoever.

I am good-ish with money. Though I have very little and no fixed income, I keep $200 in my checking account at all times. I have a bad habit of spending a little here and there then freaking out when I am low on money, and the stuff I buy is kinda frivolous. So I dunno. I really consider how much money I have and how much I will have soon before buying things.

I am a saver. I am always freaking out. I hate buying
anything unless I absolutely need it. I hate buying food
because you only get one use out of it. I would
rather not.

I clearly needed those earrings.

I'm good at saving money, but even better at spending it on other people (and chocolate)

I used to be bad with money because I liked to collect things, but then I decided to start collecting money and made it a fun little game and now it's easy.

I'm absolutely horrendous with money.

I think it's because deep down, I know money is the most bullshit thing in the world.

I'm good with money when it really matters.
But when it doesn't matter all that much I am less restrained. I mean that I do not tend to save for the things I want. for example, I will pay for my tickets overseas with the credit card and pay it back over time rather than save money for them before hand.

I used to be bad with money because I liked to collect things, but then I decided to start collecting money and made it a fun little game and now it's easy.

You're young. Take your collected money and invest in high yield equities. Compounded interest is magic, particularly if you've got enough time to benefit from your investments long term.

You're young. Take your collected money and invest in high yield equities. Compounded interest is magic, particularly if you've got enough time to benefit from your investments long term.

Already have about about 3k invested. It's not a ton but it's a start.

I don't like money very much. It does awful things to people and it's now a necessity to live in the west.

I'm OK with it I guess. I tend to be a bit of a spender when it comes to clothes, food and music stuff. I should put some of the money I make this summer into a CD so that maybe some of the interest made can go towards books.

I can save money if I have an objective..
otherwise I spend it on crap or presents for me or other people

I'm good at saving money, but even better at spending it on other people (and chocolate)

Same and I spend money on myself when it comes to other foods as well (which is a bad idea).

My family says I'm pretty good with money and budgeting, though.

I find budgeting boring. I don't earn much which doesn't help! I wouldn't say I'm AWFUL with money because I'm scared of debt. But it certainly takes a lot of effort for me to keep afloat. Ha. Oh for the days when I earn enough not to worry...

I'm terrible with money. I have little self-control when it comes to spending.

I used to be afraid of spending. And when I would spend, the littlest amount spent would make me feel guilty. Now I need to be a bit more disciplined with my spending and save more.