INFJs and Gender Stat on Forum Profile | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

INFJs and Gender Stat on Forum Profile

I knew Slant was a female, but for the longest time I thought laofmoonster was a girl. It was reeeeally tough to remember. And I do that with a few other members who've switched their avs.

You're right, Von. It *is* hard. I constantly mess up unless the avatar fits the gender.

Slant's female, and I think that would be beneficial for those who care to use it.

I knew slant was a girl from the beginning.

I knew Slant was a female, but for the longest time I thought laofmoonster was a girl. It was reeeeally tough to remember. And I do that with a few other members who've switched their avs.

You're right, Von. It *is* hard. I constantly mess up unless the avatar fits the gender.
Thats exactly it for me. I personally prefer it when the gender in the avatar is the same as that of the poster. Let it be known that if you have an avatar that displays a specific gender, you post will be mentally read in a voice fo that gender.

If there was the option, I wouldn't use it. I don't like feeling like I'm being judged or categorized by my sex. That's also why I don't have my age or anything else of that sort up there.
I feel the same about the 'being classed or viewed as something by your sex', but with the age thing, it doesn't seem to matter at all to me. I think younger people should be taken just as seriously as adults, hence my age being viewable (Plus, I'm still a little bitter because of a certain forum saying I didn't know anything because I was 17 =.=).
The whole sex vs gender thing is weird though, if you dress in a feminine way as a girl you get noticed, if you dress like a guy, you get ignored (I decided to conduct my own experiment, and it's seriously true!).

I don't think it is just INFJs- it's just hard to guess a lot of the time online.

I thought Slant was a guy for a while. :/ sorry Slant.

I'd like to have it up- I dunno why I just like knowing.
And I'm fully aware of the sex/gender thing and I agree that what one says is important regardless of sex and age....
but I think it is also important to know those things- based on our gender/sex and age, etc. we have different experiences in life.
Eh
I dunnos.

Apologies if this post sounds stupid. My bedtime was over 5 hours ago.....WHY AM I AWAKE!?!!

Last edited:
It does make sense :D I mean, I understand it fully and support people's desire to know and tell.

It just doesn't really work for me. I'd rather let people figure it out -- I don't like having a pre-established disposition, for the most part. That, and I think most people's reaction to me on the forum makes it pretty self-explanatory (and I have photos in the member photo's thread, so that kind of throws it out there too :B)

I don't see why knowing a poster's sex is important at all. Thus the reason I don't put in my profile. Although, I don't keep it a secret either - it's just a nonissue.