INFJ's And Finding Truth | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

INFJ's And Finding Truth

I wouldn't be as quick to trust an INTJ psychologist
too right. all the INTJ's I know would be utterly terrible if they had to deal with people's emotional issues....

I don't think someone is a better person because of what personality type they have, not at all, and it's an unfair way to judge people, but I do think there are people who are better than others. One should be judged upon ones actions, atitude, strengths and weaknesses.

Honestly ( and I mean this with all serious) I judge someone on how they treat other people. Thats honestly the one litmus test I have.

Reactions: Norton
It's a good one though!

I do too. It matters to me that my friends are good people with similar ideals. I often distance myself from contact with someone if I find out they have views and opinions which directly counter mine in a negative way. For example I used to be friends with some other blind people I met from music camp, until I found out they were extreme fundimentalist christians who thought being gay was a sin.

are some humans more highly evolved than other humans?

what is the catalyst for change in a species?

Why do you guys feel the need to find the truth in the first place? Could you possibly live without knowing what the truth is? Wouldn't asking this question reveal more about the make-up of who we truly are?

Let's juxtapose for a moment here, I can live my life quite well without knowing what the truth is at all. On the contrary, I think I would find it disturbing to be so convinced. But isn't this a clear example of what could be a fundamental difference between two kinds of people?
The next question I would like to ask is why I have less of an desire for having a truth to hold onto than others? When I ask myself that I question the very merit of truth itself. Because to me there is obviously less merit whereas to others it is of paramount importance. If there is no unanimous consensus regarding the merit of truth.... Does that signify that the value of truth is relative?

Disregard everything I just said and look at this monkey

:m183:

I actually notice this a lot with Dove. She has to try and know everything about a certain subject whereas I'm quite fine with just learning the main points and getting a general idea.

The issue with placing an INFJ on a pedestal, is various other types will forsake who they are, to become an INFJ. To claim the power and prestige that they come into so easily. Simply by merely being. They will become this Empath, "truth" seeker, psychic, and perhaps the life of the gods will float down and embrace them in away only they know best.

First off, I never realized there was an amorous representation of INFJS in the mbti world or among other types. I never saw INFJS as being on a pedestal; in fact because of the personality type rarity and our natural inclination toward community; once infjs find each other there is a great sense of belonging and support; as witnessed by the forums. As you stated being an INFJ is simply a state of being with no explanation. Those who go around advertising their "empathy" or "sensitivity" are probably just struggling to develop their own inherent functions that are most characteristics of INFJS; hence they are drawn to and want to be with INFJS. There is nothing wrong with that; even if they themselves have a blurred understanding of their type.

Second; every type has its challenges for growth and development. Instead of focusing on "why" INFJs supposedly are on a pedestal; the other IXTPs or IXXX should focus and aspire to reach a balanced development of their own natural functions instead of being made felt "bad" by whomever that is creating this discriminating favoritism of infjs.

Thirdly; it is good to look at functions on a continuum instead of a black and white extreme thing. Every mbti personality can cross their natural boundaries to develop any set of functions advertised by other types! If you really seek to grow then you will eventually realize that the small distinctions created by mbti is merely a trigger /boundary point of development that needs to be crossed and to be completely whole you would have to develop through all the types. This is not to say we will let go of our default functions; never. Instead of being confined to and identifying to a narrow interpretation of our mbti type; one should look at all the types as an opportunity for experience and growth.

Last edited:
[URL="http://forums.infjs.com/[MENTION=1678 said:
Norton[/MENTION]"][MENTION=1678]Norton[/MENTION][/URL];418981]The truth is discoverable. So are lies. The question is whether one wishes to discover the truth and expose the lies. The INFJ's in my life strive for the truth and are deeply offended by those who sow falsehood.

[MENTION=2263]bagelriffic[/MENTION] said: the truth is always there because its always now and can never be anything else, the question really comes down to would you rather see the truth over entertainment if it exposed the underlying misconceptions of every thought you've ever had, if it brought an end to the hopeful thinking that you've ever been anything else.

Why do you guys feel the need to find the truth in the first place? Could you possibly live without knowing what the truth is? Wouldn't asking this question reveal more about the make-up of who we truly are?

Let's juxtapose for a moment here, I can live my life quite well without knowing what the truth is at all. On the contrary, I think I would find it disturbing to be so convinced. But isn't this a clear example of what could be a fundamental difference between two kinds of people?
The next question I would like to ask is why I have less of an desire for having a truth to hold onto than others? When I ask myself that I question the very merit of truth itself. Because to me there is obviously less merit whereas to others it is of paramount importance. If there is no unanimous consensus regarding the merit of truth.... Does that signify that the value of truth is relative?

I don't know why others seek the truth - but I do. Since I've come here to the forum, I am happy to see that most INFJ's do so.

The need to find the truth in any given moment is necessary for me to practice "Do No Harm".

That's why I seek it.

The truth will set you free.

I don't know why others seek the truth - but I do. Since I've come here to the forum, I am happy to see that most INFJ's do so.

The need to find the truth in any given moment is necessary for me to practice "Do No Harm".

That's why I seek it.

What do you mean by "do no harm"? Why is practising that important for you?

The truth will set you free.

Does it? Just like liberation from body and mind~ Or more like liberation from dictators? Regardless, why is it important to attain this form of freedom according to you~?

The answers are too vaaague~ Or.... I'm just not smart enough~ Either way :p Would you kindly elaborates :p?

i wont speak for any1 else bc i dont know why they are looking, but as fm said there is a freedom in the now for me, more specifically from the body and mind as you mentioned. when im aware it feels like space between me and whats happening, i feel im more objective and the freedom comes from recognizing the different attachments that hold me back, and the possibilities beyond them.

but if i were merely intellectually convinced that the current moment is all we have i would be scared of that certainty also. sometimes its hard for modern society to understand knowing beyond the mind, or to contemplate intangible dimensions that may or may not exist beneathe the more readily available, material-based, modern understanding. dimensions of awareness that i believe our body was built to tap into.

if someones not interested in knowing about awareness then i am quite alright with that, actually id prefer ppl find their own truth bc asi said its always there its just the desire to know thatll take you. so for me, the now seems conceptually important, but some ppl may be drawn to other aspects of it, who knows.

I actually notice this a lot with Dove. She has to try and know everything about a certain subject whereas I'm quite fine with just learning the main points and getting a general idea.
Yep, I'll do this too. My husband I think gets fed up with it at times, as he's been ready to move on to another topic for a while, but I'm still in research the crap out of it until I know it front sideways and back mode. I really only mostly want to be able to sound competent when I have an in depth conversation with someone about it.

I like to know exactly what I am getting into with things and I don't want to talk about something like I know something about it unless I actually do. If I don't have all the facts/information I feel unstable.

To do with the debate: If lots of types will want to be INFJs because they're 'special', why are INFJs still so uncommon? Why is a girl I know who want to be unique happy being an ISFJ?
I could see how you might see INFJs putting themselves/being put on a pedastal because of all the discussion threads about psychic powers and whatnot, but what if they're only discussions? If a load of ISFJs asked each other if they were more caring than other types (as they're sort of seen as 'mother-fugures'), would it be the same thing? Because I think that's happened. Everyone wants to talk about themselves or people like them - it's (appropriately) the truth.
(I'm not angry or trying to be annoying - if I come across either, I'm sorry - I'm genuinely curious)

On topic:
If I'm searching for a truth, I hope I never find it. Life's more fun when you keep on learning.

If you judge someone based on how they treat people, and you truly understood and observed the INFJs you claim to know, you would realize we ARE special, and not just because we're rare, but because we love people in a way few others are willing or able to do.

An addendum of sincerity. Haha. You mean an apology. Forget it.

Saru will never see this

Truth shouldn't be capitalized in the first post.

Also, this thread offends me. INFJs aren't even that psyhic. Either that, or the majority of the people I know who claim to be INFJs, aren't. Yes yes, that whole "we may not share the fact that we're psychic to other people" is a good argument, because I can't prove you wrong. But regardless, this whole infj pedestal crap is obnoxious.

I know that you're going to quote me and state you weren't trying to put infjs on the pedestal, but you did. And I'm going to vote for purposefully, vs. inadvertently. I think EVERY type is a truth seeker, in fact, I'd have to say Ne doms appear to be more truth seekers, while Ni doms are more meaning seekers.

- And I didn't write this post in an angry tone, sorry if it comes across that way... But yea, enough is enough.

Yes! This! Im an INFJ and this rubbish annoys me to no end.Yes we are kind and can see things others dont. But this is true of all people.

As a mathematician I define truth as sound deductive inferences. When your models changes, so to do your set of all possible truths.

As for this "they deny the truth" business, OP inadvertently denies the existance of variation in knowledge amongst individuals. Thus OP fails to realize that some of his/her truths are simply unattainable to others. This is an ultimate kind of snobbery.